rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

External Battery
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

this is a great price for such a hefty charger... but never heard of this company and no reviews.

Looks like an import/export business packaging up some no-name device....I'm pretty wary.

It's still expensive. it should be < $10.

BenH said:   

Looks like an import/export business packaging up some no-name device....I'm pretty wary.

They are.

Also as you noted, no reviews. It may be on the cheaper side...but with most things (especially electronics) if it's cheap and doesn't work correctly, it's of no value.

yeah there are some $35 8400mah ones with really good review on Amazon.

I'm in the market now that I am about to upgrade to a RAZR with non-removable battery.

Anyone have any experience with some good ones? I'm thinking I might like one with a solar option...but they only go up to 6000mah as far as I can tell, and tend to be bulky.

Also, how rapid are these chargers? Do they generally charge as good as a standard charger in a wall outlet, or are they usually fast charges?

Looks very similar to Anker brand, wonder if this is a generic rebadge?

Hey! I think actually have the white version of this one. I bought it overseas. It works pretty good. If it's the same one, the power buttons cycles through on, led flashlight on, led strobe on, led light off. It has a short cable (about 6 inches?) that you can put different tips on. I like it because I charge it with micro usb and I just use my own micro cable to charge my phone/tablet. It can fully charge my phone about 4 times before needing to recharge. I've had it about a year now and still working. Not sure what else I can say about it. It's a battery and it works. I like that it's on the smaller side (about 3 inches x 4 inches?). If anyone's interested I'll get the exact dimensions when I get back home.

Edit: I think the one I have is a no name brand that Francois et Mimi rebranded. The box looks the same except I don't remember that Francois et Mimi logo. Also mine is completely white instead of having a black top. I can take pictures when I get home.

to answer Ben's question, I have the similar but lower mAh New Trent one and I think it's great...currently $29.99 at Amazon, but it charges must faster than a normal wall charger. I always throw it in my backpack just in case.

19.99 now!!

If you switch to the black model, there are "used" ones for sale from the same seller for $10. Standard shipping is free - no prime.
I was going to skip this but I figured I'd give one a shot for ten bucks. I'm guessing they may not really be used, maybe no box.

dbrons said:   If you switch to the black model, there are "used" ones for sale from the same seller for $10. Standard shipping is free - no prime.
I was going to skip this but I figured I'd give one a shot for ten bucks. I'm guessing they may not really be used, maybe no box.

Either the used thing is dead or I am just blind.

The only option I see now is $29.99 for new.

yeah, does appear dead. There were 5 left when I ordered....

rushhound said:   
The only option I see now is $29.99 for new.

Looks like it is back in stock for $19.99 now.

No indication of the chemistry, so you can assume that at best it's NiMH, and maybe even NiCd. I have a Li-Ion one of these given to me by my company and have never used it. These are truly the cellphone/whatever accessory you'll never use. Waste of money no matter the price or the chemistry.

Now $12.99 (new).

No indication of the chemistry, so you can assume that at best it's NiMH, and maybe even NiCd.
It' a li-on I think all of these are......

I received mine that I got "used" for $10 today. It was wrapped in plastic and appears brand new. Nice looking unit, I charged it up and hooked up my Galaxy Note which was about 60%. It charged it to 100% in 30 or 40 min. Seems to work well. I got it to charge my tablet on the flight to Maui I think it's a real good buy at 12.99 if you have a use for it
Dave

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014