rated:
Two more in stock at Livonia Michigan as of 7-12. Online price is $649.99

http://www.costco.com/newurl.product.11760270.html

Member Summary

Vision Grills Classic Kamado Grill
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Are there any left in the Southeast? I'm in Birmingham, checked the Hoover, Huntsville & Montgomery stores.

dnlb (Aug. 26, 2013 @ 6:18p) |

I want 1, but can't find any in Seattle. It is good price at $299-399.

speedy777 (Aug. 26, 2013 @ 8:03p) |

Are there any in the Northeast? †Would love to find one at those prices.

shrtaprch (Aug. 28, 2013 @ 5:38a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Costco Grill
Disclaimer
Khilafah said:   Two more in stock at Livonia Michigan as of 7-12. Online price is $649.99

http://www.costco.com/newurl.product.11760270.html

Two in Roseville Mi as well. I bought one last year at the end of the season for similar price.

St Peters MO also

3 nib + 1 display model left at alhambra after i bought 1. that thing is heavy! 200 lbs. i got an employee there to help me slide it up into my full size suv.

edit: fwiw, the included 10mm wrench is slightly too big for the bolts. i used a 3/8" flex-head ratcheting gearwrench (fw deal, of course!) i hate rounding the heads on nuts or bolts.

I have one of these and paid $560 for it a year ago at Costco, but worth every penny. You cook with lump charcoal (wood chunks) and a bag lasts a long time because you use very little and can reuse it.

Does it come with a box for smoke the food while grill?

You use the wood to cook with and set water soaked oak, hickory, etc on top of the lump charcoal for additional smoke. You can easily cook for 10-12 hours without adding wood, and temperature is well controlled by using the vents. Here is mfg website which can explain it better than I. My son and I both own these and cook with them often. http://www.visiongrills.com/

Saw one Saturday in the Ann Arbor, MI store but it was still marked $499.00

Priced at something like $569 at my local Costco (Davie, FL) as of today...

Many a most Colorado locations for $399.97.

i don't know if this is true, but i just read in a bbq forum that someone picked one up for "300 bucks" last week: read the july 20th comment

momoman said:   i don't know if this is true, but i just read in a bbq forum that someone picked one up for "300 bucks" last week: read the july 20th comment

Can't comment on that "someone" but some Warehouses that have stock remaining have dropped thhem to $299.97 - YMMV.

Looks like a nice grill. Just needs a heat plate of some sort for smoking low. Wish we had Costco in my area. Might have to get the in-laws to check theirs.

I have been a fan of the Kommado style grills for about 10 years ago we purchased a large Big Green Egg. The BGE is a great gill but if you purchase one now equipped like the Costco Grill you will be paying close to $1000. My wife and I recently purchased the Costco Vision grill and cooking with it side by side with the BGE I have to admit the Costco gill is a great deal at $399.97. It cooks well and is a great grill for the price. I highly recommend the grill.

I have been a fan of the Kommado style grills for about 10 years ago we purchased a large Big Green Egg. The BGE is a great gill but if you purchase one now equipped like the Costco Grill you will be paying close to $1000. My wife and I recently purchased the Costco Vision grill and cooking with it side by side with the BGE I have to admit the Costco gill is a great deal at $399.97. It cooks well and is a great grill for the price. I highly recommend the grill.

The chargriller akorn is just about the same price. anyone know any pros vs cons?

MorrieC said:   I have been a fan of the Kommado style grills for about 10 years ago we purchased a large Big Green Egg. The BGE is a great gill but if you purchase one now equipped like the Costco Grill you will be paying close to $1000. My wife and I recently purchased the Costco Vision grill and cooking with it side by side with the BGE I have to admit the Costco gill is a great deal at $399.97. It cooks well and is a great grill for the price. I highly recommend the grill.

Do the BGE accessories...specifically the heat dispersement plate fit the vision?

horizon6 said:   momoman said:   i don't know if this is true, but i just read in a bbq forum that someone picked one up for "300 bucks" last week: read the july 20th comment

Can't comment on that "someone" but some Warehouses that have stock remaining have dropped thhem to $299.97 - YMMV.
When I was searching for a Kamado Tandoori chicken recipe last night I found another BBQ forum where people mentioned getting price adjustments to the $299.97 price.

I did my 2nd cook on my grill and overcooked the chicken. I fired up the grill to more than 700 degrees (max reading on the thermometer) and tried cooking tandoori style. I don't know what thermometer the BBQ forum members are using to monitor temperatures greater than 700 degrees. My Maverick thermometer's probe and cable is only rated to 716 degrees F.

horizon6 said:   momoman said:   i don't know if this is true, but i just read in a bbq forum that someone picked one up for "300 bucks" last week: read the july 20th comment

I got one as well for 299.97 last week at the costco near the jfk airport in nyc. they had 3 left, but as of yesterday they were all gone.

DontTreadOnMe said:   MorrieC said:   I have been a fan of the Kommado style grills for about 10 years ago we purchased a large Big Green Egg. The BGE is a great gill but if you purchase one now equipped like the Costco Grill you will be paying close to $1000. My wife and I recently purchased the Costco Vision grill and cooking with it side by side with the BGE I have to admit the Costco gill is a great deal at $399.97. It cooks well and is a great grill for the price. I highly recommend the grill.

Do the BGE accessories...specifically the heat dispersement plate fit the vision?

I purchased the inexpensive pizza grilling set at WalMart for heat disbursement and have used it successfully with my Vision Grill for two years now.

momoman said:   horizon6 said:   momoman said:   i don't know if this is true, but i just read in a bbq forum that someone picked one up for "300 bucks" last week: read the july 20th comment

When I was searching for a Kamado Tandoori chicken recipe last night I found another BBQ forum where people mentioned getting price adjustments to the $299.97 price.

I did my 2nd cook on my grill and overcooked the chicken. I fired up the grill to more than 700 degrees (max reading on the thermometer) and tried cooking tandoori style. I don't know what thermometer the BBQ forum members are using to monitor temperatures greater than 700 degrees. My Maverick thermometer's probe and cable is only rated to 716 degrees F.

Did they mention how they got the price of $299? They have some at my in-laws costco but at $399. Which is good...but 299 is fantastic.

I've been in this situation before with electronics and I just had to take my receipt to the return counter and they adjusted. There probably is some restriction like the item has to be in stock. YMMV

Really tempted. I need another Grill/Smoker like I need a hole in the head. If I could get it for $299 however, I pretty much can't loose.

juser said:   The chargriller akorn is just about the same price. anyone know any pros vs cons?
Visions is a nicer grill... I doubt many would choose an Akorn over it if they were the same price. Akorn is not even a ceramic grill (this is not completely a bad thing though) like other top kamados but is popular because its much cheaper compared to other kamado style grills at regular price with comparable performance.

Scored one for 299.97 at Edison Costco. They have 4 more in stock apart.from the diaplay unit.

Big and Small Vision Grills
Disclaimer
I read in one of the bbq forums that the baby vision kamado grill is also on clearance for $99.97. It's a smaller version (Weber Smokey Joe size) only sold at a few Costcos for test marketing. I would love to get one of those. They were test marketing the smaller grill in San Diego and a few other cities.

Now that is small...I guess you could tie up a rack in a crown to cook it.

kimmu81 said:   Scored one for 299.97 at Edison Costco. They have 4 more in stock apart.from the diaplay unit.

Edison, NJ?

Yup, in nj

Just grabbed one at South Loop in Chicago for $399. Said they had 5 total but I only saw display and 1 box on floor. Lincoln Park is out of them.

anyone interested in these should at least consider a weber smokey mountain wsm. The ceramics like the vision are more versatile as they can be used for high heat grilling (steak, pizza) and low and slow smoking. The wsm is very well made, lighter and is a great smoker but not useful for grilling.

I have two WSMs (occasionally cook in competitions), a weber performer for grilling and a weber kettle I use for rotisserie. I know it sounds like a crazy investment but I have an automatic search on craigslist which allowed me to pick everything up for $200 over the course of five years. I'd love to ditch all this in favor of a kamado but transporting to comps is tough.

anyhow, this a great price for a well-regarded ceramic.

vinouspleasure said:   anyone interested in these should at least consider a weber smokey mountain wsm. The ceramics like the vision are more versatile as they can be used for high heat grilling (steak, pizza) and low and slow smoking. The wsm is very well made, lighter and is a great smoker but not useful for grilling.

I have two WSMs (occasionally cook in competitions), a weber performer for grilling and a weber kettle I use for rotisserie. I know it sounds like a crazy investment but I have an automatic search on craigslist which allowed me to pick everything up for $200 over the course of five years. I'd love to ditch all this in favor of a kamado but transporting to comps is tough.

I have had a WSM for over a decade and also have a Weber Performer. I'd say this cooker is a different beast. Diversify!

vinouspleasure said:   anyone interested in these should at least consider a weber smokey mountain wsm. The ceramics like the vision are more versatile as they can be used for high heat grilling (steak, pizza) and low and slow smoking. The wsm is very well made, lighter and is a great smoker but not useful for grilling.

I've spent a bit more than you but this is what I've accumulated thanks to FW:

$22.74 Weber 22.5" Kettle; $7.24 Smokey Joe in 2007
$41 Weber 18.5" Smokey Mountain in 2011 - This was a killer deal!
$198 Weber Performer in 2009
Weber Q100, Weber Propane, Weber Kettle @75% off annual Target clearance sale in the Fall

Sears, Home Depot, Target, Lowes, Supermarkets all have annual clearance sales on grills and grill accessories. They're usually posted here in FW.

Yesterday I picked up one in Tallahassee for $399. At that time they had 3 more in box and the display.

Are there any left in the Southeast? I'm in Birmingham, checked the Hoover, Huntsville & Montgomery stores.

I want 1, but can't find any in Seattle. It is good price at $299-399.

Are there any in the Northeast? †Would love to find one at those prices.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014