• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Fishing - Large XD (extreme duty) Retractable Gear Tether from T-REIGN Outdoor Products $21.95 + $5.99 Shipping

http://www.gearhog.com/

Deal Overview
* Tough 36" Kevlar cord for a quiet, smooth extension
* 15 ounces of retraction force
* Color: black
* 2.5" wide
* The XD model has a lock that takes tension off the tether, allowing the cord to remain extended
* Rugged polycarbonate case
* Weather-proof materials safe to use in any environment
* Proudly Made in the USA by the company that invented the personal retractor in 1948
* Rigorously tested and protected by the T-REIGN Lifetime Service Policy

Member Summary

tether (60.76kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Interesting. Seems kinda pricey for this kind of thing. I've had terrible experiences with these types of retractable tethers too - usually the line snaps or the mechanism inside breaks and it doesn't retract. Maybe the ones I've used (usually issued through work) are just cheapos though. I guess this might be good since it has lifetime warranty and is the "original" retractor?

Amazon has it for $19.66 shipped (prime).

http://www.amazon.com/Retractable-Carabiner-Polycarbonate-Univer...

They make these with three different styles, carabiner, belt clip and hook and loop. The GearHog pic shows 2 different ones so not sure which one you would get.

I don't mean to hijack the conversation, but I work for the company that makes these. (T-REIGN/KEY-BAK) We are the company that designed the original retractor in 1948 and we have a lifetime service policy on all our retractors. We make it right here in California and if it breaks, we will repair or replace it. Yes, it is more expensive than a Chinese knock-off, but it will last a lifetime. Thanks for listening.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014