• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples Ad (STARTS SUNDAY JULY 21)

$0.25 Deals
Sharpie Permanent Makers, fine, black 2/pack (limit 2)
BIC Round Stick Grip,ballpoint pens, 8/pack (limit 2)
Staple's poly cover 1-subject notebook (limit 5)
0.14-liter storage bins (limit 2)

$0.50 Deals
Staple's filler paper (limit 5)
Bic Velocity Gel pen, black (limit 2)
Staple's poly cover composition book, 70 sheets (limit 5)

Free after Easy Rebates and coupon(ER) (Coupons located at page 24 of online flyer, "Limit one per customer")
Staple's Multipurpose Ream: $6.99 - $5.99 ER- $1.00 Coupon = FREE (limit 2)
Staple's Photo plus 4" x 6" gloss, 60/pack: $9.99 - $7.99 ER - $2.00 Coupon = FREE (limit 4)

Double Recycling
Get $4 back in Staple's Rewards per recycled cartridge when you purchase $75 of HP ink or 2 HP toners (limit 5)

Logitech-Save 25%
On all Logi-tech mice and mouse/keyboard combos regularly price $39.99 or higher (excludes clearance)

All Fellows binding and laminators -Up to $100 easy rebate
Saturn2 95 Thermal laminator: $59.99 after savings and $50 ER

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

staples_5off30.pdf
Thanks bpvh
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If anyone is using a 10 off 50 competitor coupon, make sure your cashier doesn't just price adjust one of the photo pape... (more)

pthor1231 (Jul. 25, 2013 @ 1:59p) |

If you missed the 15 off 200 Mastercard gift card rebate from last week, it is still going on until Saturday.

calwatch (Jul. 26, 2013 @ 4:17p) |

Thanks - and GO BEARS!

Dano

DanoMcGarret (Jul. 26, 2013 @ 6:34p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks for the preview OP!

Jasonlh1 said:   Thanks for the preview OP!
You're welcome!

dazviking said:   Staples Ad (STARTS SUNDAY JULY 21)

$0.25 Deals
Sharpie Permanent Makers, fine, black 2/pack (limit 2)
BIC Round Stick Grip,ballpoint pens, 8/pack (limit 2)
Staple's poly cover 1-subject notebook (limit 5)
0.14-liter storage bins (limit 2)

$0.50 Deals
Staple's filler paper (limit 5)
Bic Velocity Gel pen, black (limit 2)
Staple's poly cover composition book, 70 sheets (limit 5)

Paper-Easy Rebates (ER) ('Free' coupons coming??)
Staple's Multipurpose Ream: $6.99 - $5.99 ER = $1.00 (limit 2)
Staple's Photo plus 4" x 6" gloss, 60/pack: $9.99 - $9.99 ER = $2.00 (limit 4)

Double Recycling
Get $4 back in Staple's Rewards per recycled cartridge when you purchase $75 of HP ink or 2 HP toners (limit 5)

Logitech-Save 25%
On all Logi-tech mice and mouse/keyboard combos regularly price $39.99 or higher (excludes clearance)

All Fellows binding and laminators -Up to $100 easy rebate
Saturn2 95 Thermal laminator: $59.99 after savings and $50 ER

what a crock on the "double ink" promo. SPEND $75 on HP??? get double rewards on only 5????

why bother???

Because their research probably has told them that there are a lot of non-FWers out there who fall for it.

aarzi said:   Because their research probably has told them that there are a lot of non-FWers out there who fall for it.

I find that hard to believe. $75 is still alot to spend to get a measley $10 xtra in rewards (it's not even 10 or 20 carts like it used to be! just 5 carts)

MISTERCHEAP said:   aarzi said:   Because their research probably has told them that there are a lot of non-FWers out there who fall for it.

I find that hard to believe. $75 is still alot to spend to get a measley $10 xtra in rewards (it's not even 10 or 20 carts like it used to be! just 5 carts)

I still don't understand who spends 75$ on ink. I buy ink for 20-25$, it lasts for more than an year.

nortotron said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   aarzi said:   Because their research probably has told them that there are a lot of non-FWers out there who fall for it.

I still don't understand who spends 75$ on ink. I buy ink for 20-25$, it lasts for more than an year.

You guys just don't get it. This is for the small business admins. They spend corporate $75 on ink and and pocket the extra $10 from ink recyling. Surely they could buy the ink cheaper but why bother since they won't make the $10. So it is a win-win for everybody (Staples+admin) except for the business.

PrincipalMember said:   nortotron said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   aarzi said:   Because their research probably has told them that there are a lot of non-FWers out there who fall for it.

You guys just don't get it. This is for the small business admins. They spend corporate $75 on ink and and pocket the extra $10 from ink recyling. Surely they could buy the ink cheaper but why bother since they won't make the $10. So it is a win-win for everybody (Staples+admin) except for the business.

How do you guys think Marriott etc. survive in this world? No doubt they provide good service but on top of it, they dole out so many reward points with one promotion after another, it is just amazing. People make unnecessary business trips just for the privilege of spending the corporate money so that they can earn a fraction of that for their own vacation .

nortotron said:   
I still don't understand who spends 75$ on ink.
The same people who go to dealership for car repairs.

nortotron said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   aarzi said:   Because their research probably has told them that there are a lot of non-FWers out there who fall for it.

Just today, I saw not one but two customers buying ink upwards of $75 each. One of them did not have a card and did not want one. The other couldn't get his looked up and did not want a new one. He even had THREE cartridges for recycling. I offered both the use of my card for a discount. Got shot down both times.

aarzi said:    I offered both the use of my card for a discount. Got shot down both times.

Sometimes, using a discount can mess up the total if you are trying to reach a particular dollar amount - so I can sympathize with those people. The other day I was at CVS - all items pre-totaled on my phone to reach the $30 and $10 rewards didn't spit out. It said that my total was only $28.96. One of the items was somewhat misplaced on the shelf - i.e. the actual price was lower than the tag price on the shelf. I was so annoyed - I had to go back and do another transaction to reach $30.

I understand that. But in these two cases, they were just buying and leaving. No coupons. no rewards card. Nada. I would have taken the savings. Or at least let some other "nice person" benefit by putting it on their card.

Not everyone recycles 20 carts per month. If you are only recycling five or hadn't even thought about recycling old ink carts, this gets you $20 off an ink purchase you were going to make anyway.

Once my kids are out of school, I will use a lot less ink, but, for now, Staples helps me with what used to be a significant expense -- paper and ink for my school kids. Ditto on batteries and packing boxes.

As far as rewards go, casual consumers and the paranoid do not care for them. While I personally am a Staples rewards member, I do not have an account with my local lumber yard or a local grocer.

@ShakuniMama, my dealership does synthetic blend oil changes for $17.95. I can't even buy oil and filter for that. They also have a 10% rewards program and other promotions. On tires, they price match/guarantee. They routinely bid less than alternatives on work.

wizwor said:   

@ShakuniMama, my dealership does synthetic blend oil changes for $17.95. I can't even buy oil and filter for that. They also have a 10% rewards program and other promotions. On tires, they price match/guarantee. They routinely bid less than alternatives on work.

That is very rare indeed. In my previous career I was a Dealership Tech, and finally a Service Advisor. That is not something they do.
For my 12 Civic a oil change is 39 dollars.

wizwor said:   Not everyone recycles 20 carts per month. If you are only recycling five or hadn't even thought about recycling old ink carts, this gets you $20 off an ink purchase you were going to make anyway.

Once my kids are out of school, I will use a lot less ink, but, for now, Staples helps me with what used to be a significant expense -- paper and ink for my school kids. Ditto on batteries and packing boxes.

As far as rewards go, casual consumers and the paranoid do not care for them. While I personally am a Staples rewards member, I do not have an account with my local lumber yard or a local grocer.

you can view it that way, but it's still not a great deal.

The Fatwallet way is to not turn down any savings. I pick up pennies, even though I do not need to. If I don't need an item. I always can give it away to friends, family or the needy.

As far as reward programs. some people don't want there purchases tracked. Well, don't use credit cards, cell phone, no internet etc. It is very hard to get off the grid, unless you want to live in a tent in the mountains.

ShakuniMama said:   nortotron said:   I still don't understand who spends 75$ on ink. The same people who go to dealership for car repairs.I get my parts cheaper from the dealership than if I got them thru an independent mechanic. Dealer gives me mechanics price; mechanic sells at list price.

P.S. I do all the maintenance myself and everything else is usually under warranty or I don't fix it.

Donedealzz said:   The Fatwallet way is to not turn down any savings. I pick up pennies, even though I do not need to. If I don't need an item. I always can give it away to friends, family or the needy.

As far as reward programs. some people don't want there purchases tracked. Well, don't use credit cards, cell phone, no internet etc. It is very hard to get off the grid, unless you want to live in a tent in the mountains.

Done,

that depends, I turn down "savings" when my net cost is higher than it should or could be. FW is about getting the BEST deal. If this ink promo IS the best deal for someone, good for them. For me it's far from it. And the reality is, if you want the absolute best savings, in this day of tech, email e-statements, etc. it requires a degree of compromise. And if you have no internet, you're probably not on FW anyway.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Donedealzz said:   The Fatwallet way is to not turn down any savings. I pick up pennies, even though I do not need to. If I don't need an item. I always can give it away to friends, family or the needy.

Done,

that depends, I turn down "savings" when my net cost is higher than it should or could be. FW is about getting the BEST deal. If this ink promo IS the best deal for someone, good for them. For me it's far from it. And the reality is, if you want the absolute best savings, in this day of tech, email e-statements, etc. it requires a degree of compromise. And if you have no internet, you're probably not on FW anyway.

Of course, I agree with that statement somewhat If I do not feel that I can get it cheaper anytime soon and we use a lot of that item I will buy it Toilet paper is one example. Bottom line though I don't turn down making 50 cents. A lot of factors go into that decision. Those factors are different for everyone, but one big one is can I resell it if it is not needed, even IF I make only a dollar from the initial deal. Fatwallet is about saving money = finding the best deal. But that best deal depends on the person. Pennies do turn into dollars.

UPDATE: The Photo and Ream paper are now FREE after coupons. Coupons located in online flyer.

CLARIFICATION: The Photo and Ream paper will be FREE after coupons. Coupons located in online flyer.

goodie1
Disclaimer

goodie2
Disclaimer
i'm not sure this will help, but here goes... (trying to attache the coupons)

More free paper is always good (well, maybe not if you're into saving trees). Thanks, OP.

VivYip said:   i'm not sure this will help, but here goes... (trying to attache the coupons)Coupons look good - green for you!

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   VivYip said:   i'm not sure this will help, but here goes... (trying to attache the coupons)Coupons look good - green for you!

Dano

Except for that pesky "Limit 1"

Thankfully one of the new managers at my favorite store is coupon friendly.

pthor1231 said:   

Thankfully, the coupon wallet hopefully won't have the "limit" wording

Hopefully, there might be another chance at FAR case of paper via kiosk method...^_^

VivYip said:   pthor1231 said:   

Hopefully, there might be another chance at FAR case of paper via kiosk method...^_^
Agreed - the coupon wallet version has saved our bacon in the past.

Dano

VivYip said:   pthor1231 said:   

God knows I need it like a hole in my head. I think my floor is going to collapse into the apartment beneath me before I get a chance to donate all this accumulating paper.

pthor1231 said:   VivYip said:   pthor1231 said:   

God knows I need it like a hole in my head. I think my floor is going to collapse into the apartment beneath me before I get a chance to donate all this accumulating paper.

LOL SAME!! Finally offloading a couple cases for like $10/ea on CL but its slow going... copy paper not exactly a popular craigslist search.

jd2010 said:   
LOL SAME!! Finally offloading a couple cases for like $10/ea on CL but its slow going... copy paper not exactly a popular craigslist search.

try trying to unload photo paper on craigslist. ^_^

jd2010 said:   LOL SAME!! Finally offloading a couple cases for like $10/ea on CL but its slow going... copy paper not exactly a popular craigslist search.

Is that what one gets for it on CL?  (Assuming one doesn't have a whale...)   I thought I was losing out by not having much CL action in my area.  I sold at yard sale $1/ream and sold 4 cases in hours.  Wished I had more. 
Following year sold for $2/ream, 3 for $5 and sold ~5 cases but had left over cases. 
I 've been able to unload almost all the photo paper every year.  $1 for the large ones, $0.50 for the small ones.
Best part about yard sale is that I just have to get the paper from house to driveway. 

I have gotten $12-$15 a case on CL, but it took listing it FOREVER to get just two customers. Thankfully, once I did, both basically wanted as much as I could provide for them, so I shouldn't have to worry about it. The key is simply finding a business that goes through a ton (many do) AND takes the time to search on CL for it (obviously a much smaller percentage).

Some on SD have bragged about getting like $28 a case on CL. That's hard for me to imagine.

Photo paper is something I'm still contemplating how to get rid of.

dazviking said:   UPDATE: The Photo and Ream paper are now FREE after coupons. Coupons located in online flyer.Very nice of them to publish them with barcodes before the sale starts.

dazviking said:   UPDATE: The Photo and Ream paper are now FREE after coupons. Coupons located in online flyer.These coupons can be printed directly on Sunday using the "See all ad options" drop down on the weekly ad. Then choose "coupons", then the specific coupon.

my4mainecoons said:   jd2010 said:   LOL SAME!! Finally offloading a couple cases for like $10/ea on CL but its slow going... copy paper not exactly a popular craigslist search.

Is that what one gets for it on CL?  (Assuming one doesn't have a whale...)   I thought I was losing out by not having much CL action in my area.  I sold at yard sale ... 

I used to get $15 pretty consistently, and had one whale buying everything I could get him for $20. However, it's fallen off to near zero lately (less tire-kickers who want me to deliver 30 miles away in hopes that they'll actually show up and that my gas and time are somehow free).

I haven't developed enough excitement to do a yard sale, but might give that a try at some point.

mathfaster said:   dazviking said:   UPDATE: The Photo and Ream paper are now FREE after coupons. Coupons located in online flyer.These coupons can be printed directly on Sunday using the "See all ad options" drop down on the weekly ad. Then choose "coupons", then the specific coupon.

I see $4 off M&M's, a couple of chair and floor mat coupons, but nothing for either ream paper or photo paper. Are these regional? I went to Staples.com | View Current Ad | See all ad options | Coupons.

labboypro said:   mathfaster said:   dazviking said:   UPDATE: The Photo and Ream paper are now FREE after coupons. Coupons located in online flyer.These coupons can be printed directly on Sunday using the "See all ad options" drop down on the weekly ad. Then choose "coupons", then the specific coupon.

I see $4 off M&M's, a couple of chair and floor mat coupons, but nothing for either ream paper or photo paper. Are these regional? I went to Staples.com | View Current Ad | See all ad options | Coupons.
On Sunday. Not today.

mathfaster said:   labboypro said:   mathfaster said:   dazviking said:   UPDATE: The Photo and Ream paper are now FREE after coupons. Coupons located in online flyer.These coupons can be printed directly on Sunday using the "See all ad options" drop down on the weekly ad. Then choose "coupons", then the specific coupon.

On Sunday. Not today.

Thanks. I was focusing on the "now FREE" part of dazviking's comment, and glossed over your "Sunday."

labboypro said:   mathfaster said:   labboypro said:   mathfaster said:   dazviking said:   UPDATE: The Photo and Ream paper are now FREE after coupons. Coupons located in online flyer.These coupons can be printed directly on Sunday using the "See all ad options" drop down on the weekly ad. Then choose "coupons", then the specific coupon.

On Sunday. Not today.

Thanks. I was focusing on the "now FREE" part of dazviking's comment, and glossed over your "Sunday."

Sorry for the confusion. I clarified the post as "will be free..."

Skipping 61 Messages...
calwatch said:   If you missed the 15 off 200 Mastercard gift card rebate from last week, it is still going on until Saturday.Thanks - and GO BEARS!

Dano

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014