• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
32GB Tablet

64GB Tablet

They both reflect an $80 drop in price.

Got a Staples coupon? Then get it for less with easy PM.

CNET Reviews

Member Summary

Acer ICONIA W3-810
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have one of these and concur with everything in the CNET review. I got mine for free but I wouldn't pay $100 for it. Also the broadcom wireless nic it comes with does not work with the Cisco routers or access points in my office, due to some incompatibilities with Windows 8 that I've heard require firmware upgrades to the routers. Good luck getting your IT to upgrade your office router.

Zon said:   I have one of these and concur with everything in the CNET review. I got mine for free but I wouldn't pay $100 for it. Also the broadcom wireless nic it comes with does not work with the Cisco routers or access points in my office, due to some incompatibilities with Windows 8 that I've heard require firmware upgrades to the routers. Good luck getting your IT to upgrade your office router.

Please to know that it's not just me the connectivity issues. And all this while I was blaming my modem for the poor connectivity.

Win8.1 release has these connectivity issues. I had to try more than one thing to get it corrected. Definitely not for the average end user. May not be the device but the OS upgrade to the driver or something (I could be wrong as this could well be running 8.0). But if it is the 8.1 preview, search around online and have a temp fix until MS stops screwing with us.

I would love to get a 7 or 8 inch win8 tablet but so far there are no appealing options.
Here's my must haves:
- Exterior dimensions must be the same as the nexus 7 (NOT larger since that is the only tablet that fits into jacket pockets, and even pant pockets)
- at least 4gb or better 8 GB ram
- WiFi (n!), Bluetooth, GPS, microSD, microUSB or USB, HDMI out for dual display with an external display
- ideally a GPU that can at least compete with laptop graphics from 3 years ago
- the new bay trail CPU would be nice, or better fanless haswell
- surface touchpad like cover (NOT larger than the device!)
- I would probably acessorize with a USB hub/Ethernet docking station (cheap!)
-

An 8 inch Haswell would be nice, and it would cost $1,000. Reminds me of UMPCs in days gone by.

Still, in for one. May be able to hack something relevant to your interests.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014