• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Sparkle 8-Roll Giant Paper Towel $2.00 *YMMV*, "B&M" Staples

Clearance @Staples

To clarify for newbies, you must go in store and get priced at the register to get this price.

$2.00 per Pack
Was $7.99
Sparkle 8-Roll Pack
SKU 922897

I just landed 2-8 packs.

Universal inventory checker......http://checkinvt2.appspot.com/

You may want to bookmark this inventory checker as it works for various stores and works well.

Member Summary

sparkle
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You can print 2 per computer; I have multiple computers.

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Jul. 20, 2013 @ 10:19a) |

I went to my local Staples looking to buy 3 or 4 packs. I couldn't find them on the shelf. I asked the cashier, who aske... (more)

ratdog49640 (Jul. 20, 2013 @ 11:48a) |

Las Vegas, 215 & Las Vegas Blvd. The computer shows two, the clerk couldn't find any.

LorenPechtel (Jul. 20, 2013 @ 3:47p) |

$1 after manufacturer's $1 off coupon (thanks to Helpus):
http://www.sparkletowels.com/
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Shows 11.99 here in San Diego

Same here, $11.99, if I want to drive 45 minutes. Thanks OP!

sdnative1 said:   Shows 11.99 here in San Diego

Most clearance deals are B&M (brick & mortar) in-store only deals and have to be scanned at register to get the clearance price. Most stores don't change shelf tags to reflect the clearance price. You can't find in-store clearance prices on the Staple$ website.

By the way, the SKU number should not have a dash it in. I'm heading to my local store now. I'll report back.

Update: This is a national clearance deal (all stores with stock). The online stock checker works but doesn't reveal quantity. The cost was $2 at register. I was able to get 1 at my local store (Langhorne, PA) a few minutes ago.

To make this deal sweeter - don't forget the manufacturer's $1 off coupon $1 off coupon

helpus said:   To make this deal sweeter - don't forget the manufacturer's $1 off coupon $1 off couponIs this a "bricks" type coupon (i.e., unique code) or is it a generic coupon that someone could post a PDF?

I can't access the site at work.

unique code...

Great deal!

Thank you atariman56 & helpus for saving me money! Found 8 of the 8 packs on the racks with other paper towels, even though the availability checker said low on stock Some were hidden behind other brand paper towels.

No go on stock at my local, but reliable inventory checker is much appreciated. Thanks!

Got 3 on my way home showing some stock, what's the worst that could happen? My wife complaining they're not Select-A-Size?

Hmm, maybe I better not go she DOES love her Select-A-Size...

Dawgswin said:   Got 3 on my way home showing some stock, what's the worst that could happen? My wife complaining they're not Select-A-Size?

The one's I bought today are marked "Pick-a-Size" on the wrapper.

It is Pick a Size, I saw the tag at my Staples, but OOS .

OP!!! I had so much fun. Scored! Loved the expressions on the worker's faces when they saw the price. My favorite deal this year.

blueribb said:   Dawgswin said:   Got 3 on my way home showing some stock, what's the worst that could happen? My wife complaining they're not Select-A-Size?

The one's I bought today are marked "Pick-a-Size" on the wrapper.

Oh well it's on like Red Dawn then...

I was just over that way earlier today...wish I woulda seen this, thanks!

Thanks, Atariman. Got 2 from a local store.

acroranger57802 said:   Shows 11.99 here in San Diego

Did you have it scanned at register ?
Was it the 8-Roll or 16-Roll pack ?

acroranger57802 said:   Shows 11.99 here in San Diego[/L]
I smell a noob...........

Went to my local store couldn't find any had cs look it up and said someone came in and bought 16 of them :/ and they don't have any left but 2 different availability checkers still say they do. Can the checkers be off off or wrong sometimes or did the cs see the price and lie to me? Im always afraid they will do that so I always look myself first! My other store he said only had one. But thanks for the heads up!

When I click on the link for the Universal Inventory checker, I just get a simple screen that has a dropdown for the store, and labels for SKU and Zip, but no way to enter them. So, it's not usable for me. Is it working for other people?

dmband said:   Went to my local store couldn't find any had cs look it up and said someone came in and bought 16 of them :/ and they don't have any left but 2 different availability checkers still say they do. Can the checkers be off off or wrong sometimes or did the cs see the price and lie to me? Im always afraid they will do that so I always look myself first! My other store he said only had one. But thanks for the heads up!

You can ask a store associate to enter the item # into their system and check stock in both their store and others. The actual quantity is shown on their screen. I like to watch the screen while they're looking it up. Try and look at the screen since employees sometimes like to hide stock for themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if they removed the remaining stock from the shelves and put it in a locked office. They can also make up stories about the stock disappearing or being sent back when it wasn't.

My local store only had 1 pack on the shelves yesterday but today, the online checker still shows stock. I'll head over again later today and look high up on shelves for more stock.

snake said:   When I click on the link for the Universal Inventory checker, I just get a simple screen that has a dropdown for the store, and labels for SKU and Zip, but no way to enter them. So, it's not usable for me. Is it working for other people?

Yes, it works fine for me (Win 7, IE 10). Try using another browser.

Hmm...I was using IE8, and tried an up to data Mozilla browser, and still the same problem. Thanks for letting me know you are not having the problem.

Inventory Checker
Disclaimer
snake said:   Hmm...I was using IE8, and tried an up to data Mozilla browser, and still the same problem. Thanks for letting me know you are not having the problem.

Are you running the latest Java and Flash components ?

Will check it out

Scored a "few" packs this morning for $1 each after coupon.

Thanks OP and helpus.

Scored a couple myself as well. Nice deal.....

Went to the store on Broadway in Allentown, couldn't find any. I asked the cashier to do an inventory check for the SKU and she said, "Oh yeah, someone called in about these earlier! We couldn't find any."

WHO CALLED?!

OOS at my store.

Scored one after work today, even though the inventory checker reported "Not sold at this location".

Cost of gas to the store: $2.50.
Satisfaction from scoring a deal: priceless.

Costcoer said:   Scored one after work today, even though the inventory checker reported "Not sold at this location".

Cost of gas to the store: $2.50.
Satisfaction from scoring a deal: priceless.

Green for this comment. You truly understand.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Scored a "few" packs this morning for $1 each after coupon.

Thanks OP and helpus.

How are you getting multiple coupons?

LorenPechtel said:   How are you getting multiple coupons?You can print 2 per computer; I have multiple computers.

I went to my local Staples looking to buy 3 or 4 packs. I couldn't find them on the shelf. I asked the cashier, who asked the manager. I showed the manager a printed copy of their store inventory showing low stock clearance item. He looked it up on the computer, and it showed 12 in stock, at $2.00 each. He asked me if I wanted all of them. I replied umm, I guess so. We went to the storage area, and there they were, on the top shelf. After loading my cart, the manager wanted to know where I found the deal, and I told him "on the internet". He wanted one for himself, and I had no problem with that. At the checkout, other employees wanted to buy any that were left, but I told them too late. THATS why you don't call first.

Las Vegas, 215 & Las Vegas Blvd. The computer shows two, the clerk couldn't find any.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014