• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
OctaneVPN is having a sale on their VPN services. All Unlimited.

$4.99 Per Month
or
$29.99 Per Year
http://www.octanevpn.com/specials

[QUOTE]What You Get
[LIST]
[*]ACCESS TO ALL OUR GATEWAY LOCATIONS
[*]UNLIMITED SWITCHING AMONG OUR GATEWAYS
[*]UNLIMITED DATA USAGE AND SPEED
[*]FREE CLIENT SOFTWARE FOR EASY SETUP
[*]OPTIONS TO USE OPENVPN, IPSEC OR PPTP
[*]COMPATIBLE FOR WINDOWS, APPLE OPERATING SYSTEMS
[*]WORKS ON ANDROID, BLACKBERRY AND IPHONES
[*]256 BIT SSL ENCRYPTED CONNECTIONS FOR ULTIMATE SECURITY
[/LIST][/QUOTE]

Member Summary

octane (14.99kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Just thought people should read the following thread: VPN Services that take your anonymity seriously

Haven't heard of Octane personally but a quick check of their policy reveals this juicy detail:

How OctaneVPN May Use Your Information
The information collected by OctaneVPN for our subscribed services including new accounts, payments and customer support is used in order to properly communicate with our customers and for billing purposes. OctaneVPN may use this information as well for internal record keeping, to complete an online order and to better understand how users use our website and services through our Analytics data so we can provide a better user experience.

I would NOT recommend this VPN service for ensuring your private information is not relinquished within 30 seconds of a friendly government request.

for me, im not really concerned about tracing...to my knowledge, there does not seem to be any reports ive seen of any government asking for the logs of any vpn provider. i took my chance and happy with it so far.

So then what are you using it for? Especially considering there services within $10 which do care...

devastic said:   for me, im not really concerned about tracing...to my knowledge, there does not seem to be any reports ive seen of any government asking for the logs of any vpn provider. i took my chance and happy with it so far.

why do they have to ask when they have a direct feed from them?

I don't they're in the habit of reporting to the end user when those "requests" are made.

devastic said:   for me, im not really concerned about tracing...to my knowledge, there does not seem to be any reports ive seen of any government asking for the logs of any vpn provider. i took my chance and happy with it so far.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014