• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dell Inspiron Non Touch Laptop $299.99 after coupon code: 1?F024Z8XJCJ

FREE shipping

www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15-3521/pd?oc=dndoc59&model_id=inspir...

Dell Consumer
See Dell Consumer discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

dell
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Many live in the past they remember the celeron of years ago.
Not anywhere near the same thing.

yesidonoitall (Jul. 17, 2013 @ 4:03p) |

FWIW and definitely not to threadcrap - Not sure if there are any left, but a couple of days ago we picked up a refurb I... (more)

DaKahuna (Jul. 17, 2013 @ 4:04p) |

It's true that a 1.5 Ivy Bridge Celeron is much faster than a Celeron from, say, the Pentium 3 or 4 era.
But I was compar... (more)

VirtuaL (Jul. 17, 2013 @ 10:11p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Processor
Intel® Celeron® processor 1007U

Overall Rating 3.2 / 5
101 Reviews
57% of customers recommend this

Intel Celeron processor 1007U
Windows 8, 64-bit, English
15.6 HD (720p) WLED with Truelife (1366x768)
4GB Single Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
320GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
Intel HD Graphics
8X CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE
Primary Battery 4 Cell 40 WHr Battery
90 Days Premium Phone Support + 1 Year In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis
Weight 4.96 lbs

still not too bad, cheaper than anywhere else.

ctgolfer said:   still not too bad, cheaper than anywhere else.You're missing the point. It's not worth buying this processor at anwywhere near this price point.

I guess faster is better ( in this case ). I'm just starting to learn about the tech end of computers. I'm new to the scene.

ctgolfer said:   still not too bad, cheaper than anywhere else.It's considered tacky to defend your own post. If it is good enough, others will defend it. If it's not, accept it, learn from it, and move on.

buzzy said:   ctgolfer said:   still not too bad, cheaper than anywhere else.You're missing the point. It's not worth buying this processor at anwywhere near this price point.

Is there something wrong with the processor, is the pc good for granny?

This is perfect for many users.
The price is perfect.

Tooooooo many on FW have their nose in the air, another words they are hoity toity and are missing it is the price point that counts.
Right now this is great for $299

Remember, the Staples deal of $249.99 after coupon and rebate plus 5% rewards is long gone.
Those that got them got an astounding buy.

One of my regular in-use laptops is a Dell Inspiron 6000 with XP, 2Gb, and God knows what processor. From maybe 7 years ago. Use primarily for surfing the web, email, documents.... you know, the basics. When I am on it, I hardly notice any shortcomings.

Another is an early Win7 Compaq, again with 2Gb. Ditto.

The OP's laptop seems like it would fit right in there. If I didn't just get 2 of the $250s, I might consider this.

ctgolfer said:   still not too bad, cheaper than anywhere else.

You sure about that?

Regular price is $279.99 at Best Buy

yesidonoitall said:   Tooooooo many on FW have their nose in the air, another words they are hoity toity and are missing it is the price point that counts.

Umm... no it's not.

usernamemax20charact said:   ctgolfer said:   still not too bad, cheaper than anywhere else.

You sure about that?

$279.99 at Best Buy

yesidonoitall said:   Tooooooo many on FW have their nose in the air, another words they are hoity toity and are missing it is the price point that counts.

Umm... no it's not.

OK, you are the savior..
Now we know....
But as I said
Right now, that was then.....

yesidonoitall said:   usernamemax20charact said:   ctgolfer said:   still not too bad, cheaper than anywhere else.

You sure about that?

$279.99 at Best Buy

Umm... no it's not.

OK, you are the savior..
Now we know....
But as I said

Regardless if it was $299.99 then, or $279.99 now.... neither of them are "great" deals. Since when is paying regular price for something considered "great" or even hot?

usernamemax20charact said:   yesidonoitall said:   usernamemax20charact said:   ctgolfer said:   still not too bad, cheaper than anywhere else.

You sure about that?

$279.99 at Best Buy

Umm... no it's not.

OK, you are the savior..
Now we know....
But as I said

Regardless if it was $299.99 then, or $279.99 now.... neither of them are "great" deals. Since when is paying regular price for something considered "great" or even hot?

Regular price can easily be a hot deal.....

yesidonoitall said:   Regular price can easily be a hot deal.....
Only when it comes to H&B.

bytem3 said:   yesidonoitall said:   Regular price can easily be a hot deal.....

What is H&B?

yesidonoitall said:   bytem3 said:   yesidonoitall said:   Regular price can easily be a hot deal.....

What is H&B?
If you need to ask.. you cant handle it.

Hardly. I got my Asus X401A w/Windows 7 HP 64-bit, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, and a 2.3Ghz SB Pentium chip for that price.

A 1.5 Celeron for the same price, especially with Windows 8 is crap.

Next year, they are planning on selling new Atom-based CPUs under the Celeron and Pentium brands, at the same price-points.

It's like Moore's law is going backwards. Must be Intel's "new math". Probably computed on a Pentium 75.

VirtuaL said:   yesidonoitall said:   Tooooooo many on FW have their nose in the air, another words they are hoity toity and are missing it is the price point that counts.

Hardly. I got my Asus X401A w/Windows 7 HP 64-bit, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, and a 2.3Ghz SB Pentium chip for that price.

Next year, they are planning on selling new Atom-based CPUs under the Celeron and Pentium brands, at the same price-points.

It's like Moore's law is going backwards. Must be Intel's "new math". Probably computed on a Pentium 75.

FWIW and definitely not to threadcrap - Not sure if there are any left, but a couple of days ago we picked up a refurb Inspiron 15R with a 3rd gen i5, 8GB RAM and 1TB drive for about $375.

yesidonoitall said:   VirtuaL said:   2.3Ghz SB Pentium chip for that price.

It's true that a 1.5 Ivy Bridge Celeron is much faster than a Celeron from, say, the Pentium 3 or 4 era.
But I was comparing a 2.3Ghz Sandy Bridge Pentium CPU, against this Ivy Bridge Celeron 1.5Ghz CPU.
The Sandy Bridge would win, no contest. Ivy is only faster than Sandy, at the same clock speed, by around 5% or so. An extra .8Ghz matters a lot.

That said, my X401A with the factory OS install, throttles down to 800Mhz when on battery.

So maybe, if the IB Celeron 1.5 doesn't throttle on battery, it could be faster.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014