• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Regular price $3079.99

Your savings -$1780.11

Link-----------------------------------------------------

Sears
See Sears discounts that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

wow, nice web site Sears! You would think for something selling over $2000 they would tell you what tools are included. All they do is describe the tool chest itself, no info about what the 136 professional tools consist of.

I would consider $300 a significant amount for a 136pc tool set (probably mostly various screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.), as I paid around $49 each for my tool sets. $1300? no wonder mechanics charge so much for their work.

This must be a price mistake (in the wrong direction)

309 piece on sale at $250

Cheap at twice the price, eh?

but no neat case for the $1,050 difference.
Hey... "housing is back!"

VirginiaDC said:   This must be a price mistake (in the wrong direction)

Agreed. Fix the junk title OP, since there is no "savings" of $1780.11

Probably professional grade tools which do sell for much more than the regular tools they carry.

bmhayes said:   Probably professional grade tools which do sell for much more than the regular tools they carry.

I do like the Craftsman Professional line of wrenches (they have a full polished finish and smooth beam), their pro line of ratchets are decent as well, once again full polish finish, no raised section on the handle, round handle instead of square.

Their pro series tools (at least several years ago when I looked) reminded me an awful lot of the Matco tools (and IIRC, is what they were, with a Craftsman logo), which means they were good tools, but still not as good as Snap-On or MAC.

If you are shopping for this sort of tool set my guess is you are shopping for either somebody who is very finicky, or a student in a trade school. If the person is a very finicky DIY type who refuses to own anything but Craftsman (and there are a lot of those guys out there), then this is as good as they will ever be willing to own. If you are shopping for somebody in trade school, they qualify for excellent discounts through Snap-On and Matco. IIRC when I was in trade school for about $1000 you could get a very nice Snap-On set in a smallish (36") chest and cabinet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014