• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SKU 235702. Lots of other clearance electrical tools.

Lowe's
See Lowe's discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Amprobe IR607A
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

my online store is $15

8:1 spot ratio... not the greatest unless you are really close

SteveG

Bought the two my store had.

Just wondering... Would one of these be good for measuring the temp of a smoker or bbq? Obviously it wouldn't work for the meat, but just wondering about the temp of the grill/smoker.

sgogo said:   8:1 spot ratio... not the greatest unless you are really close

SteveG

How close is really close? What does the ratio mean? I didn't see that in the description on the page.

devilboy215 said:   Just wondering... Would one of these be good for measuring the temp of a smoker or bbq? Obviously it wouldn't work for the meat, but just wondering about the temp of the grill/smoker.

sgogo said:   8:1 spot ratio... not the greatest unless you are really close

SteveG

How close is really close? What does the ratio mean? I didn't see that in the description on the page.

At 8" away, it measures a 1" diameter spot for the temperature. At 8' away, it measures a 1' diameter spot.

If you want to measure the temp of a wall 8' away, imagine a 1' diameter circle around the laser dot. That is what you are measuring. If you want to measure the temp of the manifold of your car from 8' away, that 1' diameter is big, so you would be meauring an average of the manifold, the valve cover, the carbeurator, and anything else in the circle.

The better devices have 12:1 or 20:1 or greater (for more money).

If you are measuring the temp of the actual grill, this will work fine... Although this one does not have an adjustment for the shinyness of the object, it should be accurate enough on a grill.

SteveG

thanks Steve!

Also consider how hot your hand might get at say 8" from a hot object.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014