• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just thought I'd share the deal I got for some dental implants recently. I had the implants placed about 5 months ago (it takes time for them to fuse with the bone) and my crowns were cemented last week.

Everything (Implant, abutment, and crown) for $2800 per Implant. It sounds like alot, but I did my research and shopped around and for all 3 parts, the next closest deal I was getting was $3,500 in my area, so these guys beat them by almost $700.

Here's the link to the office: http://www.myamazingdental.com/

When you call, ask for Krista. Just tell her you know someone that got the same deal and she should match it. She is really cool and worked with me to break it down so I could pay it off in parts instead of paying it all at once. Don't talk to the other girls as I found they don't know as much. The Dr. is a real nice guy too.

Hope it helps someone out.

Member Summary

implants
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pretty good price for everything. My implant itself cost around $3K (covered by two insurances)

Ya.... I don't have dental insurance so it was a real good deal for me.

Don't forget - you don't need an implant for every tooth if you have them one or two or maybe even 3 teeth apart.

I had implants done with this practice: www.austinaffordableimplants.com. No sense that anything was budget or less than top of the line. Doctor has 25+ years of experience. Staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to help.

I've seen them in the Chicago area for as little as $2100 out the door, but I really don't want to be someone's training aid.
$3k seems the norm, but LOTS of people are taking a little road trip past the southern U.S. border and getting them for well less than half that, so there must be some room after you remove the greed. If it wasn't lucrative, there would not be the hoards of dentists doing their weekend trainer and jumping into the field head first.

pretty good deal, thanks. My dentist was telling me i needed this but they were saying $4k

10Gauge said:   I've seen them in the Chicago area for as little as $2100 out the door, but I really don't want to be someone's training aid.
$3k seems the norm, but LOTS of people are taking a little road trip past the southern U.S. border and getting them for well less than half that, so there must be some room after you remove the greed. If it wasn't lucrative, there would not be the hoards of dentists doing their weekend trainer and jumping into the field head first.

Dentists south of the border can charge less because they have lower overhead, malpractice insurance being a big part of that. The fact that they don't need malpractice insurance should concern you.

$2800 is for how many implanted teeth?

$4200 + $300 to remove roots in DFW for me. Finished last month. My oral surgeon is also an MD, and has the extensive training to get it buried in the bone deep enough. Otherwise, you get food trapped between crown and gum. Mine is totally natural looking (crown made in USA, not India), well surrounded by gum tissue. Not cheap but a 99% sucess ratio is better than being shot or robbed in Mexico.

And the OP's post sounds like an ad. Be careful.

This is a GP dentist who is claiming that Tufts is a "Prestiege" dental school. FYI, Implants are usually performed by an Oral Surgeon or a Periodontist. Also, before and after photos are not even his.

Pun said:   FYI, Implants are usually performed by an Oral Surgeon or a Periodontist.

Yup. And the crown is generally placed by a Prostodontist or, in my case, by a GP who has specialized prostodontic training and experience.

Nope, Pun and lexcurat, you're both mistaken. Many general Dentists perform both procedures. The older more "experienced" periodontists and prosthodontists (that you refer to) never learned Implants in Dental school if it was more than 20 years ago. Implants were NOT taught in schools at that time. So ecosaycanuc, your Dentist's 25 years of experience is NOT in Implants. And, NOPE, nobody charges $4200 to extract root tips and place an implant. btw, lexcurat, MD's are taught NOTHING about implants in med school. Why would someone go to dental school and medical school and then practice ONLY Dentistry? No point since MD's are NOT licensed to practice Dentistry. Only Dentists can do that. Wow, that 's a ton of misinformation for one thread. The entire procedure has 3 parts. Implant, abutment/post and crown.

If you need dental work of this caliber medical tourism is probably your best option. The risk is overinflated by the domestic dentists who want to overcharge you for the same procedure. While I don't recommend Mexico, even though I know lots of people who have gone, the options in Europe are much better IMO. Personally I wouldn't want an operation in a country where the water isn't safe to drink.

CptSavAHo said:   If you need dental work of this caliber medical tourism is probably your best option. The risk is overinflated by the domestic dentists who want to overcharge you for the same procedure. While I don't recommend Mexico, even though I know lots of people who have gone, the options in Europe are much better IMO. Personally I wouldn't want an operation in a country where the water isn't safe to drink.

That's effectively saying nothing. You don't just show up in another country and look for a sign saying IMPLANTS. You must have a personal recommendation from actual patients whom you know who have been to a specific Mexican or European Dentist. What qualifies you cptsavaho, to decide that the risk is "overinflated"? Frankly, it's risky to stay in the USA and go to a Dentist or Physician without a personal recommendation.

I've had two implants done by my regular dentist (suburban Atlanta area). Price was about $2400 for each after a cash discount. If your dentist is competent and trained to do implants, don't hesitate to get it done locally. It doesn't have to be an oral surgeon.

Dentists in America make Physicians look like angels of Mercy. The price of these implants have doubled here in St.Louis
in just a couple of years. Hardly any insurance plans cover implants either. The government needs to expand
dental programs in colleges across the country if prices like these continue. Too many people are forgoin dental
care because these bastards charge so much.

RADa5AURU5 said:   
Dentists south of the border can charge less because they have lower overhead, malpractice insurance being a big part of that. The fact that they don't need malpractice insurance should concern you.

But you may have to visit them several times, as it takes months for it to complete.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014