• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Looks like both versions are dimmable and are warm white. I have a few of the 60W/800 Lumen ones that I paid $14.99 for a while back and have had no issues. Not sure how long the free shipping deal is for, but the bulbs can be picked up in store as well.

40W/450 Lumen $7.99

60W/800 Lumen $9.99

Member Summary

light bulb
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

At 13W for 800 lumens, not exactly an efficient LED.
I'd still choose the Cree from HD.

Where does it give its temperature?

May give a couple of these a try just to compare to the other leds I have .

This Insignia bulb is designed by Cree. it's build quality is comparable to Cree bulb at HD

handyguy said:   Where does it give its temperature?

3000K, from what I could find.

Why the red, barabas?
61 lumens per watt versus 84 (or 88 for 5000k) is a significant difference.
13W for a 60W incandescent equivalent is no better than CFL for lumens per watt at a hefty price difference to CFL.
Also, many complaints about buzzing/humming.

The reviews are mixed, several people saying they hum or buzz when dimmed, so not so sure. Maybe if they are used on full they wouldn't hum.

The page loads really slow for me. Does anyone know who handle the warranty? If the bulb went out in 2 years, can I take it to bestbuy and get it replaced or do I have to ship it for replacement?

assclown4 said:   Incandescent 60 w 20 cents at WalMart... I miss the good old days where my light bulbs popped and stopped working at least a couple of times of year, at the most inopportune moment. I also miss the high electric bills. The good old days.

Speedmind said:   This Insignia bulb is designed by Cree. it's build quality is comparable to Cree bulb at HD

Where did you find that? The details on the BB website are kinda sketchy...

SimMike said:   assclown4 said:   Incandescent 60 w 20 cents at WalMart... I miss the good old days where my light bulbs popped and stopped working at least a couple of times of year, at the most inopportune moment. I also miss the high electric bills. The good old days.

I knew a guy who used to stop by on occasion and steal bulbs. The evening after he left, I'd go to turn on the bulb and it would be burned out. Then I'd look closer and see that it was a brand or wattage that I had never bought. Can you imagine visiting people during the day to steal their working light bulbs?

SimMike said:   assclown4 said:   Incandescent 60 w 20 cents at WalMart... I miss the good old days where my light bulbs popped and stopped working at least a couple of times of year, at the most inopportune moment. I also miss the high electric bills. The good old days.


But have you seen a 90 watt LCD bulb? Its huge about $35.00...

Looks like they are sold out for shipping. Still available for pickup at many stores, however...

jimmybgood said:   I knew a guy who used to stop by on occasion and steal bulbs. The evening after he left, I'd go to turn on the bulb and it would be burned out. Then I'd look closer and see that it was a brand or wattage that I had never bought. Can you imagine visiting people during the day to steal their working light bulbs?I guess they're a valuable commodity! There's a conservative guy who writes a column in the local paper and once again this week he complains about the government telling him what kind of light bulbs he can buy and that there's no reason why people should have to use the new bulbs.

kickerstarter said:   The page loads really slow for me. Does anyone know who handle the warranty? If the bulb went out in 2 years, can I take it to bestbuy and get it replaced or do I have to ship it for replacement?

Warranty Terms - Parts: 10 years limited
Warranty Terms - Labor: 10 years limited

Doesn't state how to redeem warranty replacement.

I actually found 2/60w equivalent led bulbs for $5.99 at Walgreens. Can post sku number later if anyone wanTS IT.


Led by Cree
Disclaimer

Cree
Disclaimer
coolT said:   Speedmind said:   This Insignia bulb is designed by Cree. it's build quality is comparable to Cree bulb at HD

Where did you find that? The details on the BB website are kinda sketchy...



Actually it says Cree on the side of the package for these bulbs .

stereo55 said:   coolT said:   Speedmind said:   This Insignia bulb is designed by Cree. it's build quality is comparable to Cree bulb at HD

Where did you find that? The details on the BB website are kinda sketchy...



Actually it say Cree on the side of the package for these bulbs .


Press release on Cree website, as well.

resurect said:   I actually found 2/60w equivalent led bulbs for $5.99 at Walgreens. Can post sku number later if anyone wanTS IT.
That would be helpful, as all I saw were CFLs.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014