• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sony Playstation 4 Pre-Order @ Sony - $399.99
Free Shipping!

• Avaliable 12/31/2013

Hold the red! Just hear me out on this one! (And if you're inclined to throw things - just watch the face okay!)

We were actually discussing the Sony PS4 in one our Best Deal meetings. After a little bit of research, I've concluded this is the best pre-order at the moment for the following reasons:

• 5% Cash Back.
  • 400 Sony Reward Points.
  • You'll be getting your console straight from the source, so it might not run out as fast as it would other merchants.

Obviously, this will be a hot ticket item come the holidays, but if you still haven't pre-ordered one yet, I'd recommend using this offer.

You may proceed with throwing tomatoes now. (Again, watch the face.)

Sony
See Sony coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Sony Playstation 4 Pre-Order
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Should I get this, or the Xbox one? I mostly play on Xbox 360 but PS4 is like $100+ cheaper?

GamerJosh (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 2:30p) |

Surely this will come out before Christmas... if not, that's crazy. Seems a good deal, btw, so green for you!

busyryan (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 2:34p) |

Don't buy the console based on how much it costs. Buy the console based on what games you want and the features you want... (more)

atomicfire (Aug. 22, 2013 @ 2:36p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Definitely a great deal!

why waste the tomatoes

ctgolfer said:   why waste the tomatoes

Good point. That really wouldn't be frugal.

Also earn 5x Sony Rewards Points if you use your Sony Card.

I'll save it for someone posts about the xbone

Do they charge now or when it ships like Amazon?

yungtiger said:   Do they charge now or when it ships like Amazon?

According to their FAQ, Sony doesn't charge you until the product ships, so I imagine it's like Amazon.

With everything that is going on I predict the PS4 and Xbox One will be flops. Not a lot of people can afford these new console prices.

I think people will find the money. Amazon already sold out. To keep things in perspective financially, the Atari 2600 was $200 (1977) when it came out. The PS3 (2005) was $499/599.

Features seem just the same as a PS3.

cwhiteh2 said:   I think people will find the money. Amazon already sold out. To keep things in perspective financially, the Atari 2600 was $200 (1977) when it came out. The PS3 (2005) was $499/599.

And to make it even easier for people to understand $200 in 1977 has the equivalent buying power as $770 now according to the BLS.

$400 will be a lot more worth it for a PS4 than $770 would be for a Atari 2600 (though if it were brand new it might be worth something to a collector.)

When you order from Sony you can get a bundle of 2 games and or controllers for only 519.97

Richardito said:   With everything that is going on I predict the PS4 and Xbox One will be flops. Not a lot of people can afford these new console prices.

Just like nobody can afford a smartphone and plan?

handyguy said:   Features seem just the same as a PS3.

As long as the next gen can dish out much more games with 60fps @720p or more, I'm ready to jump. I'm sick of "barely" 30fps games of the current gen.

What is the major difference between PS3 and PS4?

huanjf said:   What is the major difference between PS3 and PS4?

horsepower.

All pre-orders day 12/31/13....is that just an estimate since it is obviously (more than likely) coming out sooner?

Why not get a monster pc instead?

qUAan said:   Why not get a monster pc instead?

While I agree nothing can come close to the latest PC hardware in terms of performance, not everyone likes a big old box in their homes to play games. Same reason tablets/laptop hybrids are out-selling desktop PCs. That plus there are quite a bit console specific games that are not available on the PC.

When will my CC be charged? At time of shipping or at time of order?

RedCelicaGT said:   When will my CC be charged? At time of shipping or at time of order?

Answered in previous posts.

I'm still wondering if it ships release day or you'll get it release day.

BestBuy.com states on your 'checkout' page it's free shipping. Then it also says "Pre-order - Choose Express shipping to get it on release day." It charges you $16.99 shipping for the PS4, $15.99 for EACH game, controller or accessory. That adds nearly $70. I chatted with Best Buy yesterday 4 times, 4 different online reps, never got a precise answer. They said only way to get it release day is in-store only, even paying that extra $70 only ships release day. I said well why does it say you GET IT release day if you pay that....never got an answer.

WalMart also just says free shipping but gives no other option for express shipping, etc.

I'd totally pre-order it, since I've put it off this long, but at this point I WANT it release day if I pre-order. If that's not gonna happen now I'll go to Wal-Mart at 3am and wait for the 5-15 they get in-stock for sale.

happypants said:   RedCelicaGT said:   When will my CC be charged? At time of shipping or at time of order?

Answered in previous posts.

Apparently, it helps to read the entire thread.

If you don't have a Sony card but have a Discover card - don't forget 5% CB with ShopDiscover

edit:
https://www.discover.com/shopdiscover/cbb/sonystyle

edit2:
Sorry, I tried.

"Offer not valid on audio products, outlet items, clearance items, refurbished items, PlayStation & PlayStation Portable Hardware, Sony Ericsson locked phones or Sony Outlet/Refurbished products..."

Richardito said:   With everything that is going on I predict the PS4 and Xbox One will be flops. Not a lot of people can afford these new console prices.I paid 399 for my PS3 way back when.

New estimated arrival date: November 21, 2013 - November 23, 2013

On Aug 21, 2013, at 10:54 PM, order-update@Amazon.com wrote:

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on June 12, 2013. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"PlayStation 4: Launch Edition"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 07, 2014 - January 13, 2014
New estimated arrival date: November 21, 2013 - November 23, 2013

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
http://www.amazon.com/customer-service
==============================
Check your order and more: 

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

New Release Date 11-15-2013

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on June 11, 2013. The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

"PlayStation 4: Launch Edition"
    Previous estimated arrival date: December 31, 2013
    New estimated arrival date: November 15, 2013

If you want to check on the progress of your order, take a look at this page in Your Account:

We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
http://www.amazon.com/customer-service
============================== 
Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

i can't remember it was the ps2 or ps3 but i do remember making 250% profits selling them back when.  i bought like 4 for my kid and others but seeing how people were willing to pay $1K for them, i ended up selling 2 for $1K each and on second day i posted on craigslist too.  it was nice back in the day but now, people just don't have the money for luxury things like this anymore.

asked my son if he wants a ps4, he said no.  i guess he grew out of gaming system.

ah, it was the ps3 and back then.  it was $399.

cwhiteh2 said:   I think people will find the money. Amazon already sold out. To keep things in perspective financially, the Atari 2600 was $200 (1977) when it came out. The PS3 (2005) was $499/599.
  but back then, people have jobs and $.  i don't think it will be a flop with the ps4 but i don't think many people will jump and spend $400-500 for a new gaming system now. 

I thought the U.S. launch PS3s were $599 (60GB HD with hardware backward compatibility).

whatsupwitdis said:   
Richardito said:   With everything that is going on I predict the PS4 and Xbox One will be flops. Not a lot of people can afford these new console prices.
I paid 399 for my PS3 way back when.

I paid $200 & the games it came with for about $40.  This is why I don't buy launch ones. 
Interesting, but this comes pretty close to Black Fri, could be some special deals.

Yep. Folks find money if they really want it.

And $200 in 1977 is what $2000 today? LOL...

qUAan said:   Why not get a monster pc instead?

I somewhat agree, PC is no inferiror to consoles but at $400, it's a great value for money. Plus PC games sell at a lower price than their console counterparts. Problem is that a lot of titles dont make it to PC now. Piracy has encouraged firms to invest in console gaming.

If anyone is still hunting for a pre-order, I just put mine in at K-Mart. Free shipping but I had to pay sales tax - however Discover CB 10%. Rumor has it that Wal-Mart is doing another round of pre-orders on Saturday in-store with 10% down.

Should I get this, or the Xbox one? I mostly play on Xbox 360 but PS4 is like $100+ cheaper?

Surely this will come out before Christmas... if not, that's crazy. Seems a good deal, btw, so green for you!

GamerJosh said:   Should I get this, or the Xbox one? I mostly play on Xbox 360 but PS4 is like $100+ cheaper?
  Don't buy the console based on how much it costs. Buy the console based on what games you want and the features you want. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014