• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Haier 1.46-cu. ft. Capacity Portable Top-Load Clothes Washer

Tired of lugging your clothes to the Laundromat? Or even just down to the communal basement? This Haier portable clothes washer solves the problem. It's surprisingly large 1.46 cubic foot tub can handle a load of up to 15 large men's t-shirts at once, providing outstanding cleaning performance and quiet operation. With 4 wash cycles and 4 water settings, it is equipped to handle a wide variety of clothes. This washing machine's small size is perfect for apartment living, mobile homes or boats. The Haier portable clothes washer hooks up to any sink with the included adapters and uses water directly from your faucet.

Generous 1.46-cubic ft. tub size washes up to 15 large men's t-shirts
Outstanding cleaning performance and quiet operation
Easy cycle selection with Electronic control and LED display
4 wash cycles and 4 water level settings to handle all types of washing demands
Quick-connect sink adapter included for easy installation and hook-up
Delay start available for added convenience
Automatic Power Off function
Removable Lint Filter helps provide better wash results for line-dried clothes
Audible End-of-cycle signal lets you know exactly when the load is finished
Uses water directly from any faucet with included sink adapters

This is what I did:
I Price Matched at Lowes with a CSR over the phone 1-800-445-6937. The Lowes CSR confirmed the $219 WalMart Price Match. The Lowe's CSR then called my local store's cashier on 3-way calling, and we completed the sale.
The Haier washer ships to your local Lowe's store.
All appliances qualify for Lowe's FREE Truck Delivery from the local store to your home.
Lowe's Price Policy Page

My total price after Tax was $236.41 - Delivered.

YMMV: Attempted to use the $25 off $250 Purchase (w / filler of course) Coupon code: 470000000027897 - I was unsuccessful in getting this coupon applied.

Compare at other outlets:
Amazon $351 - 4 Stars
Lowes $314
Home Depot $279
Sears $300
Living Direct $379
A1-4 Electronics, Inc. $300

A couple YouTube Reviews:
Haier portable washer HLP23E Review Part 1 of 3
Haier HLP23E Portable Washer Review

A little more info for apartment dwellers:
Good Questions: Portable Washing Machines
Portable Washers & Drying Racks
Top Ten Reviews

This is my first deal post. Constructive criticism would be very much appreciated.

Member Summary

Haier HLP23E Portable Washing Machine
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer

Inside Tube View
Thanks seedless
Disclaimer

Measurements
Thanks seedless
Disclaimer

Attached to Sink
Thanks seedless
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Why did you have to price match to Lowes to get free shipping?

At WalMart I see "Free standard shipping with home free: shop for items labeled home free. When you spend $45 on Home Free items, you'll get free shipping on those items. Other fees may apply if shipping outside the contiguous U.S."

I price matched at Lowe's simply to avoid shopping with WalMart.

great post, seedless. while fivetalents' question was reasonable, i prefer not to support WalMart if it can be avoided because of their comparably unsavory employment practices. but also, there's a Lowes a mile from me and no WalMart anywhere near (none in all of NYC). if i need to return, it's so much easier for me to go to Lowes.

Thank you for the positive words bewley.

seedless said:   I price matched at Lowe's simply to avoid shopping with WalMart.

Ah. Makes sense and I agree with the sentiment. However, given how often WalMart deals are posted on FW, I initially tought you were just creating extra work for yourself. Thnx for posting.

I have this washer been using it for a year and a half it's awesome and saves us $1.25 everytime we use it we haven't bought them but would definitely recommend getting wheels for the bottom of it! It's very quiet. They also make a dryer but from what I have read etc its garbage so we still dry for $1.25 :/

I used another Haier portable washer for close to 10 yrs, then sold it on Craigslist. It was still going strong when I passed it on. Highly recommend this brand. It seemed a bit too much plastic (as opposed to steel) in the overall look of the item at first, but it held up nicely.

dmband said:   I have this washer been using it for a year and a half it's awesome and saves us $1.25 everytime we use it we haven't bought them but would definitely recommend getting wheels for the bottom of it! It's very quiet. They also make a dryer but from what I have read etc its garbage so we still dry for $1.25 :/

Looking at the reviews for the Haier 2.6 cu. ft. 120 Volt Compact Dryer it has 4.3/5 and 91 percent of reviewers recommend it, plus it mounts above this washer unit, so I'm not sure where you read it was garbage or are you talking about a different model?

Dryer @ Home Depot

Dryer @ Walmart

Washer + Dryer set

And here is a smaller washer with the dryer with free home shipping, $438+tax for that one...

Smaller Washer + Dryer @ Walmart

Is this good for a condo that doesn't have washing/drying machine?

@ch8nt
This unit is ideal for any condo, apartment, RV, or boat where there aren't the normal plumbing hookups for a washer.

Thanks for the tip. I did the same and though it was a lengthy phone call, Lowe's gave me the same deal(unfortunately didn't get to use FatWallet). I'd much rather support Lowe's!

Had mine for 3 years..if not overloaded would clean my clothes better then my regular sized machine. Really great buy if you just have one or two people at home.

I m still debating should I buy it. But if I do buy it, I would buy from WalMart.com for the following reason.

1) 90 days return policy
2) Can use Cash Back.
3) Much cheaper extended warranty. ($28 for 3 years at Wally world compare to $60 for 2 years at Lowe's)

Lowes does has 5% off advantage if you have Lowe's credit card though .....

Thanks OP. Just to share my 2 cents.

I have been using this same model going on 2 years. I use setting 4 quick wash, which does the job. You can only wash about 1/3 the clothes of a normal washer though. I paid 225 at Wallyworld, it has paid for its self. The unit is well made high quality, but there was a big dent in the side after unboxing which appears to be common from other reviews. I was able to push the dent out through the bottom of the unit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014