Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Do not forget 5% FatWallet CashBack

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping discounts that earn Up to 10.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

nook (10.41kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary

I ordered a new Nook HD+ for $144.99, but they sent me one in a box with the label moved to cover that it is a "Certified Pre-Owned" that the seller sells for $30 less.

What's the deal?

Are they even authorized to sell certified pre-owned as required by the warranty?

Ships from/sold by Click Go and Buy <---- while the payment is done through Rakuten - this is >not< sold by them.

And sterno you need to contact them both right away and tell them you were shipped the wrong item. Make sure your receipt says the new one for $144.99.

Also I am sure others will post but there have been many issues with Rakuten - purchase at your own risk through them.

StueyG said:   Ships from/sold by Click Go and Buy <---- while the payment is done through Rakuten - this is >not< sold by them.

And sterno you need to contact them both right away and tell them you were shipped the wrong item. Make sure your receipt says the new one for $144.99.

Also I am sure others will post but there have been many issues with Rakuten - purchase at your own risk through them.

Thanks. I copied both on an email complaining the the box says it's a refurb with a copy of the receipt for new.
Click Go and Buy charges $30 less for the refurb.

B&N can't tell me if its new or refurb because their system is down for maintenance.

Ironically, the Nook I ordered from Staples came all crusty with a damaged screen. definitely a return.

I bought the refurbished one from click and go for $110 and it was a B&N refurb by the manufacturer. Looked brand new and after 20% Rakuten and 5% Discover CashBack it was $84 + tax. Very happy.

namlook said:   I bought the refurbished one from click and go for $110 and it was a B&N refurb by the manufacturer. Looked brand new and after 20% Rakuten and 5% Discover CashBack it was $84 + tax. Very happy.

That's what I should have done.

They would have sent me the same unit, and I would have been happy too instead of crying about the extra $30.

how did you get the 20% Rakuten discount?

looper said:   how did you get the 20% Rakuten discount?

coupon code SUPER20 for 20% in points to use on future purchase. i.e. not direct discount

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014