• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
*caveat* The new model / redesign is due as a MY 2014 and should arrive in August - October 2013

This deal is for the EXISTING /OLD model - MSRP ~$56k

The inventories for the MY 2013 X5 are high and overall BMWFS residuals are high and money factors are low. Current deals are good, may get even better in late July / August.

Incentives would be
$1000 loyalty cash
$1000 BMW drive event (go to the event, sign in for a $1000 credit)

With the incentives, a 39 month lease for 10k miles / year can be had for about $500 per month, nothing down other than taxes and fees that would be paid at inception and possibly some security deposits to decrease the MF

Why is this a hot deal?

- The X5 lease deal now can be had for a lower price than an X3
- The next gen X5 will be $3k to $5k more expensive across the line and will probably lease out about $700-900/month
- A Lexus GX will lease out at about nearly $700 / month
- BMW comes standard with free standard maintenance for the duration of the lease
- Though the mpg numbers aren't anything great, the car is a road tank in the event of an accident (mass against mass)
- You'd have to purchase a 4 year old X5 and hold it for 4-5 years to beat this deal in terms of depreciation - and then you would have no free maintenance nor warranty protection (at least not as good protection as the new car warranty)

It's always cheaper to buy a 5 year old car with low repair and maintenance costs, but if you were thinking about an X5 not a crown vic, this is a good deal and may get even better soon.

Member Summary

BMW X5 35i xdrive 2013 (19.06kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Also a bit confused on this, I am hearing the MF quoted at .00125, is this the "buy rate" is there a cheaper rate?

nhokt (Aug. 05, 2013 @ 8:58p) |

double

nhokt (Aug. 05, 2013 @ 8:58p) |

Has anyone actually gotten close to the Sept advertised lease rate?

theyuppiemama (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 8:14p) |

The official deals:

X5 xDrive35i Premium

$579*/month for 39 months. $1,000 Loyalty Cash included in payment.
• $579 First months payment
• $3,000 Down payment
• $0 Security Desposit
• $725 Acquisition fee
• $4,304 Cash due at signing

*Lease financing available on 2013 BMW X5 xDrive35i Premium vehicles, only at participating BMW centers on leases assigned to BMW Financial Services NA, LLC/Financial Services Vehicle Trust through July 31, 2013. Loyalty Cash is a $1,000 credit against the MSRP of the loan or lease on a X5 xDrive35i Premium through July 31, 2013. $1,000 Loyalty Cash available for returning BMW customers only. Monthly Lease payments of $579.00 for 39 months based on MSRP of $56,125.00. Vehicle may need to be ordered. Total Lease payments are $22,581.00. Excludes tax, title, license and registration fees. Program available to qualified customers and not everyone will qualify. Subject to credit approval. See participating dealer for details. Dealer contribution may affect terms. Lessee must cover insurance and all items not covered under the BMW Maintenance Program. At lease end, lessee will be liable for disposition fee ($350.00), any excess wear and use as set forth in the lease agreement and excess mileage charges of $0.20 per mile for miles driven in excess of 32,500 miles. Purchase option at lease end for $32,553.00 excludes taxes. Lessee acquires no ownership interest unless purchase option is exercised. See participating BMW centers for details and vehicle availability. For more information call 1-800-334-4269. Special lease rates and pricing may not be reflected throughout www.bmwusa.com. All figures presented are estimates only. Actual selling price may vary. Please see your BMW center for details. Ultimate Service covers all factory recommended maintenance on all new vehicles, as determined by the Service Level Indicator, for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Exclusions from coverage: gasoline, gasoline additives, windshield washer additives, tires, wheels, wheel alignment, tire balancing and rotation. All work must be performed by an authorized BMW center. See the Service and Warranty information booklet for more details and specific terms, conditions and limitations. ©2013 BMW of North America, LLC. The BMW name, model names and logo are registered trademarks.

X5 xDrive35i Base

$489*/month for 39 months. $1,000 Loyalty Cash included in payment.
• $489 First months payment
• $3,000 Down payment
• $0 Security Desposit
• $725 Acquisition fee
• $4,214 Cash due at signing

*Lease financing available on 2013 BMW X5 xDrive35i vehicles, only at participating BMW centers on leases assigned to BMW Financial Services NA, LLC/Financial Services Vehicle Trust through July 31, 2013. Loyalty Cash is a $1,000 credit against the MSRP of the loan or lease on a X5 xDrive35i through July 31, 2013. $1,000 Loyalty Cash available for returning BMW customers only. Monthly Lease payments of $489.00 for 39 months based on MSRP of $48,925.00. Vehicle may need to be ordered. Total Lease payments are $19,071.00. Excludes tax, title, license and registration fees. Program available to qualified customers and not everyone will qualify. Subject to credit approval. See participating dealer for details. Dealer contribution may affect terms. Lessee must cover insurance and all items not covered under the BMW Maintenance Program. At lease end, lessee will be liable for disposition fee ($350.00), any excess wear and use as set forth in the lease agreement and excess mileage charges of $0.20 per mile for miles driven in excess of 32,500 miles. Purchase option at lease end for $27,887.00 excludes taxes. Lessee acquires no ownership interest unless purchase option is exercised. See participating BMW centers for details and vehicle availability. For more information call 1-800-334-4269. Special lease rates and pricing may not be reflected throughout www.bmwusa.com. All figures presented are estimates only. Actual selling price may vary. Please see your BMW center for details. Ultimate Service covers all factory recommended maintenance on all new vehicles, as determined by the Service Level Indicator, for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Exclusions from coverage: gasoline, gasoline additives, windshield washer additives, tires, wheels, wheel alignment, tire balancing and rotation. All work must be performed by an authorized BMW center. See the Service and Warranty information booklet for more details and specific terms, conditions and limitations. ©2013 BMW of North America, LLC. The BMW name, model names and logo are registered trademarks.
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › BMW

I would take out the loyalty incentive, as most people are not going to get that.

Also the X5 is closer to the Lexus RX than the GX. Similar price range, same engine size, dimensions, cargo space, etc.

any similar good deals on the X1 ?

vickh said:   any similar good deals on the X1 ?

You have the ability..check around and report back.

Like most of the better deals...this one is in large part due to the upcoming refresh.

GAS hog with a split grill...

If I were to buy this new, how much value would it typically lose at the end of 39 months and how much would standard maintenance run during the same period? I am generally not for leasing but this is kind of tempting...

awesome deal.

always lease new and buy used.

lynxis7086 said:   always lease new and buy used.

Not quite newbie. Find new cars deals, fatwallet style..and you don't need to worry about buying someone else's trash.

respdoc said:   lynxis7086 said:   always lease new and buy used.

Not quite newbie. Find new cars deals, fatwallet style..and you don't need to worry about buying someone else's trash.

Right on. Esp with cars with good depreciation value - ie. Honda. For example, it is better to buy a new 2013 Honda Odyssey now then a used one, because the refreshed 2014 model had arrived. You could get it for about 18% off MSRP.

All new BMW's come with the free standard maintenance so that's not a distinguisher

Assuming a 7% markup and $1000 below invoice selling price, probably $50-$51 k best case scenario for a purchase

Opportunity cost of tying up $50k - about $1500/year realistically

So, trying to sell the car in 3 years for roughly $35k might be possible, but you're looking at a private party sale which sounds like a potential headache to me.

Having a parade of private parties inspect my used car for any possible imperfection only to low ball offer... I can only imagine. You'd have to sell for nearly $39k to make it worth it...

SSi said:   

Right on. Esp with cars with good depreciation value - ie. Honda. For example, it is better to buy a new 2013 Honda Odyssey now then a used one, because the refreshed 2014 model had arrived. You could get it for about 18% off MSRP.

Exactly. Like with most good buys..just takes a little time, patience and effort to find the right deal. Too bad these are rare traits in some people.

delete: duplicate

JDdoc said:   All new BMW's come with the free standard maintenance so that's not a distinguisher

Assuming a 7% markup and $1000 below invoice selling price, probably $50-$51 k best case scenario for a purchase

So, trying to sell the car in 3 years for roughly $35k might be possible, but you're looking at a private party sale which sounds like a potential headache to me.

Having a parade of private parties inspect my used car for any possible imperfection only to low ball offer... I can only imagine. You'd have to sell for nearly $39k to make it worth it...

In retrospect, for all luxury German cars, I would suggest getting a certified used. You would get a much better deal. Ie. I bought a 2 yrs old 2008 328i coupe for $26,000 in 2010. The car was priced at around $42k MSRP. Why certified? German cars cost an arm and a leg to repair. Kinda like peace of mind, but of course, there's no new car smell.

Thinking about getting one for wife. Do these have runflats? I know I didn't have a choice on my 7 and the ride is very harsh. Another issue with runflats is if you are making a 400 mile trip and get a flat after 200 miles you are ****ed. There are horror stories of folks staying in a hotel because new tires were out of stock. I am waiting 6 months and going to replace with non-runflats. Will have to buy a racing jack and a spare.

how about this?

SSi said:   

In retrospect, for all luxury German cars, I would suggest getting a certified used. You would get a much better deal.

I completely agree - my last car was a late 2006 330Ci which I bought in 2008 Certified pre owned with just 1900 miles - perhaps a lease return - saved me over 15K from new sticker price. It came with a 6 yr 100K mile Extended BMW Warranty and 4 Yr 50K miles free maintenance - I was later able to buy additional 50K 2 Yr maintenance for $1800 - All i ever spent on the car was to change the tires once and gas. Loved it.

The apartment I rent cost $450/month. I wonder if wife and kids wouldn't mind moving into this. It comes standard with AC right? Thats an upgrade from our current place right there.

More importantly what are the deals on the X5d?

gold said:   how about this?
I think this is better.
36 months not 39 months, and $405 not $500.
Of course the option may be different.

shinsangeun said:   gold said:   how about this?
I think this is better.
36 months not 39 months, and $405 not $500.
Of course the option may be different.

3000 down, without this it is 495$.

Also keep in mind 10k is not a lot of miles, the pricing will change if you drive more. It is a good deal though if you like a new car and understand how leasing works.

JDdoc said:   *caveat* The new model / redesign is due as a MY 2014 and should arrive in August - October 2013

The inventories for the MY 2013 X5 are high and overall BMWFS residuals are high and money factors are low. Current deals are good, may get even better in late July / August.

I......

Does this one's engine runs past 72k miles?

sandy05 said:   JDdoc said:   *caveat* The new model / redesign is due as a MY 2014 and should arrive in August - October 2013

I......

Doesn't matter because the car is under warranty during the whole time of the lease anyway with only 10k miles per year and 39 month. So if you are really worried about it then the lease is an even better deal for you.

sandy05 said:   JDdoc said:   *caveat* The new model / redesign is due as a MY 2014 and should arrive in August - October 2013

I......

Engine died in my car at 72k miles

Table83 said:   The apartment I rent cost $450/month. I wonder if wife and kids wouldn't mind moving into this. It comes standard with AC right? Thats an upgrade from our current place right there.

Wow, you could move into my parking space in the financial district in San Francisco and save $25 a month...

SSi said:   JDdoc said:   All new BMW's come with the free standard maintenance so that's not a distinguisher

In retrospect, for all luxury German cars, I would suggest getting a certified used. You would get a much better deal. Ie. I bought a 2 yrs old 2008 328i coupe for $26,000 in 2010. The car was priced at around $42k MSRP. Why certified? German cars cost an arm and a leg to repair. Kinda like peace of mind, but of course, there's no new car smell.

Bingo - last week I bought a bmw 328 convertible cpo $26,875 ( i was told msrp was $52k but i'm doubting that) and have 3 years 9 months left on the warranty. This is the first used car i've bought in over 16 years and have no regrets at all...do people really care about new car smell anymore???

Only saw this for X1
Well equipped including great features such as Premium Package (Leather, Comfort Access, Moonroof, Power Front Seats), Heated Front Seats, iPod/USB Adapter and Destination charges.
$379*/month for 36 months. $500 Loyalty Cash included in payment.
$379 First months payment
$2,500 Down payment
$0 Security Deposit
$725 Acquisition fee
$3,604 Cash due at signing

Can this be correct almost 5.5k down

Need that new car smell...New Car Scent is a premium air freshener engineered to smell just like a new car. Weve all gotten into a new vehicle and taken a deep breath, that new car smell is unmistakable. That smell, however, fades with time leaving us with plain old car smell.
No endorsement intended!

Great deal if you are in the market.

I can't find this lease. Please send a link if you have one. TIA

Hmm, trying to work out the math here and can't quite get down to $500/month on a $56k car.

Formula for a car lease is two parts:
1. Depreciation: (Cap Cost - Residual Value) / Term
Cap Cost is the final negotiated price of the car after discounts, etc.
Residual value is the RV percentage * MSRP (exclusive of discounts, etc).
2. Interest Charge: (Cap Cost + Residual Value) * Money Factor

Current BMWFS terms:
39-month RV: 57% for 10,000 miles per year.
MF: 0.00072 (this is based on BMW's website where they're showing a $489/mo lease special with $3k down + $1k loyalty cash)

Deal:
MSRP: $56,000
Cap Cost: $54,000 (assuming you get loyalty cash)
RV: $31,920 ($56,000 * 57%)
MF: 0.00072
Term: 39 months

Depreciation: ($54,000 - $31,920)/39 months = $566.15
Interest Charge: ($54,000 + $31,920) * 0.00072 = $61.86
Total Monthly = $566.15 + $61.86 = $628.01

Fees:
Taxes: In most states, taxes are assessed on the monthly payment. In other states you pay tax on the full price of the car even on a lease.
Dealer Processing Fees: Varies by state but typically $400.
Security Deposit: It looks like this is waived, so $0.
Acquisition Fee: $725

Excluding fees, you'll need to negotiate a $56,000 X5 down to $49,000 to get a $500/mo lease payment to get a $0 down deal. If you opt for the stripper X5 with no options and leatherette (MSRP $48,425), you'll need to negotiate this down to $45,000 to hit the $500/mo payment which is more doable if you can combine the $2,000 in incentives currently available.

Leasing isn't a bad way to go so long as you know exactly what you're doing. And remember, you can always negotiate the price of the car and the interest rate (money factor) just like a regular purchase. The only thing you can't negotiate is the residual value which is dictated by BMWFS. Also, make sure you know how your state treats taxes on leased vehicles.

Good luck!

JDdoc could you please link to the actual lease I am not seeing anything close to those numbers. Good deal if actually available.

I just talked to a BMWFS rep, and he was unaware of this lease.

love my x5 Diesel getting 30+mpg

GADOM and Eurotrash -
The 500 monthly is with a car sold at +/- $500 of invoice price. Here, the invoice would be approximately $51k. Again, I didn't haggle the MSRP, because I knew where the payment should be, so I negotiated the payment.

With the applicable loyalty cash and drive event savings, the payment will approach $500 depending on options. My car is about $7k optioned up so there is a possibility of a sub-$500 payment with a base car - we just wanted to have the nav and the bluetooth, but to get those options, the dealership had spec'd out all of the options.

As with the initial post, a few multiple security deposits (if available in your state) may apply to further reduce the paryment, but as you wrote, the MF is already quite low.

My precise deal:
MSRP $56225 - this is a loaded X5 35i xdrive with every available factory option except for third row seating

0 down
$520 per month
Taxes and fees, multipile security deposits paid at signing (note bank fee is $750 for BMWFS so try not to let the dealer mark it up to $950)
10k miles, 39 months

Not sure how the forum rules work with specific dealers / salespeople, but if it's ok with the mods it was Prestige BMW in Ramsey NJ - salesperson was Elvis. Their drive event is next weekend (august 2,3). I went to a prior drive event at a different dealership and also had the loyalty cash.

From their "system" there are something like >40 X5 3.5's on their lot and the new 2014's are around the corner. Given how fast they came down from their intial offer ($619/month) directly to ($520/month - my walk away price), they really want to move the cars.

From the BMW boards, inventories are high everywhere, so if your local dealer doesn't see it your way now, they probably will very soon.

As a rule, with leasing a car that a dealership wants to move, I have been able to get the published lease monthly payment deal (BMWFS / BMWUSA website) but without the $ downpayment as advertised. The published lease deals are nearly at MSRP and getting the dealership down from the MSRP selling price is key.

Overall, I probably left $10/month on the table with my deal, given how the dealership has acted prior / during the negotiation so ~500 should be very realistic.

JDdoc said:   

Not sure how the forum rules work with specific dealers / salespeople, but if it's ok with the mods it was Prestige BMW in Ramsey NJ - salesperson was Elvis.

Thought he preferred Cadillac's ?

OP, where is the link to this deal?
Like everyone else, I also want a proof before I run over to dealer and should be able to show them just in case.

belgique said:   GAS hog with a split grill...

If you're spending $19,500 to borrow a car for 3 years, you're probably not worrying about gas prices.

I don't know how to "prove" this without scanning you my individual deal documents. I try to contribute here, but requiring that kind of proof on my part is beyond what I'd consider appropriate.

Mainly, my post was mainly to just give a realistic "target" of what you should shoot for in a X5 lease. And to point out that the price is a good deal.

Not sure how many cars Prestige wants to move this month but it is getting toward the end of the month, so perhaps giving a call to "Elvis" and giving your terms would be helpful?

Waiting for the flames about "calling elvis"... oh well

Skipping 76 Messages...
Has anyone actually gotten close to the Sept advertised lease rate?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014