• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Autozone has a coupon for $10 mobil 1 oil. WalMart accepts their coupons as they're a competitor. I've used this successfully to get Mobil 5w-40 Delvac oil for $2.47 per gallon.

Enjoy!

Member Summary

Mobil 1 motor oil
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
According to WalMart's matching coupon policy, it's not acceptable.

We do not accept the following coupons:
Dollars/cents ... (more)

minirfischer (Aug. 08, 2013 @ 5:40p) |

The Fraud Squawkers must have never heard of the barter system either; even in modern stores you can negotiate price and... (more)

sdshop (Aug. 09, 2013 @ 11:49a) |

It's fraud to use a coupon on a product that does not meet the coupon terms. Google "coupon fraud."

Using the coupon at ... (more)

supersnoop00 (Aug. 09, 2013 @ 12:28p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

According to policy statement, It won't work.

http://corporate.walmart.com/coupon-policy?wmlspartner=8/MRBO0Us...

According to the two stores I've been to, and many others that I've heard about, WalMart will almost always take competitors coupons, even if they don't scan. And they will pricematch competitors anyway, so at the very least they will give it to you for however much it'd cost at Autozone after the coupon. But that would require them to contact Autozone and verify the price of the item, and most Wallyworld cashiers don't give that much of a crap, and would rather just manually enter your discount and move on.

You're right, though, it's a YMMV, but it is highly likely that you'll be successful.

Mobil 1 Delvac
Disclaimer
Cyfun said:   Autozone has a coupon for $10 mobil 1 oil. WalMart accepts their coupons as they're a competitor. I've used this successfully to get Mobil1 5w-40 Delvac for $2.47 per gallon.

Enjoy!

The product you bought is NOT a Mobil 1 product. Should look like the following (note the 1 in the box to the right of Delvac):

I know, but they didn't seem to notice or care. Should be less of a problem if you get normal Mobil 1 products, though. And the pic you posted is of the synthetic version, which I didn't want as I needed conventional oil, plus WalMart doesn't even carry it.

Like I said, YMMV, but then again, everything here is YMMV to some degree.

I tried this about a month ago with a $10 autozone coupon for Pennzoil Platinum at WalMart and was rejected. I didn't try the price-match route, that might work.

Interesting. I checked out in the garden section. At first, the cashier said she couldn't accept the coupon as she didn't think auto parts stores were competitors, but I told her I've had WalMart pricematch O'Reillys before for washer fluid. She called her manager, who confirmed that auto parts stores are indeed competitors, and even approved the use of the $10 off coupon for oil. So it might help to tell them it's been accepted elsewhere. What was their exact excuse?

Worked for me. Thanks OP.

Cyfun said:   I know, but they didn't seem to notice or care. Should be less of a problem if you get normal Mobil 1 products, though. And the pic you posted is of the synthetic version, which I didn't want as I needed conventional oil, plus WalMart doesn't even carry it.

Mobil1 is the synthetic version of Mobile oil. Ymmv=fraud in this case

Cyfun said:   I know, but they didn't seem to notice or care. Should be less of a problem if you get normal Mobil 1 products, though. And the pic you posted is of the synthetic version, which I didn't want as I needed conventional oil, plus WalMart doesn't even carry it.

What you did is fraudulent, not YMMV!

Green for the OP..I used these last time around. Fraudulent? You make me laugh....

TooEasy said:   Green for the OP..I used these last time around. Fraudulent? You make me laugh....

Your complete ignorance makes me laugh........

Fraudulent? I printed out a legitimate coupon, they accepted it, I deceived nobody. It's not like the coupon is shopped or something.

The only thing remotely close is that Delvac is not specifically within their "1" brand of oils, but neither I nor the cashier considered it at the time. And besides, I didn't post this for you guys to go buy Delvac, I posted it for Mobil 1 oils in general, and just mentioned that I used it to buy Delvac as proof that it works.

And if you're truly worried about the ethics of saving a few bucks by getting a store to bend its own policies, then what on earth are you doing on Fatwallet? Back in the day, all we did was go into stores and try to convince them to pricematch online competitors, and then pile coupons on top of that. That, no doubt, stretched more policies than this. Hell, I remember going into Staples about a decade ago and getting them to pricematch a $300 200gig hard drive down to like 120, then used a $30-off coupon on it.

Why not use it for the Mobil 1 at WalMart. That is perfectly fine given Walmarts coupon matching policy.

Why not use it for the Mobil 1 at WalMart. That is perfectly fine given Walmarts coupon matching policy.

What are you the FW lawyer Safety man? The coupon colonel?

Quite the price difference (at least for Mobile 1 5W30, 5qt)

AZ = $36.99 BC
WM = $22.47 BC

If WM really takes the time to price match, this is a no-go. YMMV for sure

Definitely YMMV. According to Wally World's coupon policy, they only accept competitor coupons listing a specific price, not $off coupons. http://corporate.walmart.com/coupon-policy

WalMart has full synthetic on a price reduction for 22.47 (YMMV). With coupon, it is 12.47, it is about $2.50 per quart. They have matched this coupon 3 times so far. Fantastic price.

WalMart has full synthetic on a price reduction for 22.47 (YMMV). With coupon, it is 12.47, it is about $2.50 per quart. They have matched this coupon 3 times so far. Fantastic price.

According to WalMart's matching coupon policy, it's not acceptable.

We do not accept the following coupons:
Dollars/cents off at a specific retailer

The Fraud Squawkers must have never heard of the barter system either; even in modern stores you can negotiate price and if they agree then they agreed, no corporate policies involved that specifically state that was allowed, etc, other than employee/managerial discretion/ general customer service/appreciation policies.

Fraudulent - get out in the real world more, open your eyes, and learn how to negotiate.

Ever negotiate prices with your doctor and dentist bills? Leaving hundreds to thousands of dollars in your providers wallets rather than your own. Ever talk with your boss about a raise several months before an upcoming performance review, before any % increase has already been approved through your bosses manager and HR and pretty much inflexible by the time presented to you during your review? ...

It's fraud to use a coupon on a product that does not meet the coupon terms. Google "coupon fraud."

Using the coupon at WalMart on a Mobil-1 product - YMMV (technically against corporate policy)
Using the coupon at WalMart on a random Mobil product - fraud

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014