• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Click link to have $15 coupon "Clipped" and have you redirected to product page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/philips-norelco-qc5570-do-it-you...

13 built in length settings from 15/32* inch to 19/32 inch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also available for slightly cheaper is the QC5560/40 (click link to clip the $10 coupon):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/coupon/save-10-on-philips-norelco-qc556...

8 locking length settings from 15/32* inch to 19/32 inch

*This is copied pasted from Amazon's description. It's obviously a typo, as the actual "smallest" trim is 0.5mm

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Philips Norelco Headgroom QC5570/40 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper Plus
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Here is a list of the comparative features of the different models.

Just ordered one of the 5570's. Should be noted that it says 2-4 weeks before order fulfillment. The 5560 says it can ship tomorrow.
"Estimated delivery: Aug. 22, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013"
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Tell me this is not a gimmick. EIGHT and THIRTEEN settings within 1/8th of an inch??

I own one and love it. I've had mine for about 6 months with no issues.

Can you link to the coupon? Not finding it.

aarzi said:   Tell me this is not a gimmick. EIGHT and THIRTEEN settings within 1/8th of an inch??
Lol! I copied and pasted without even noticing the irony.

leptontec said:   Can you link to the coupon? Not finding it.
Done.

bittul said:   aarzi said:   Tell me this is not a gimmick. EIGHT and THIRTEEN settings within 1/8th of an inch??
Lol! I copied and pasted without even noticing the irony.

leptontec said:   Can you link to the coupon? Not finding it.
Done.

Thanks for the coupon re-link. Just ordered one as a backup (in case my current one breaks in the middle of a haircut...lol).

Just ordered one of the 5570's. Should be noted that it says 2-4 weeks before order fulfillment. The 5560 says it can ship tomorrow.

My son and I have used several clippers over the past several years with mixed results. We ordered these and got it straight away. We charged them, which took no time at all, and went to work. These are the VERY BEST clippers we have ever used. This time my son cut his own hair, no problem at all. First time ever. If you are looking for a nice even, simple cut, these are your clippers. By the way, they are super quiet as well and having them cordless makes for easy handling. The rotating head makes it easy to reach the back of your neck, and head, and behind your ears.

done!

Just ordered. Green OP.

My standard cut basically consists of a "7" on the sides, and a tad longer on top, which takes my stylist all of 15 minutes to do, and costs $15 plus a 3 or 4 dollar tip.

I've been wanting to do this for a while, as I notice how the stylist just swaps out the blade for a different length cut, and does exceedingly little ANYTHING with a scissors.

I am not getting this to shaft stylists, but to save time & for the convenience factor.

It will also hopefully allow me to trim my hair in between cuts, when it starts to get moppy.

If this works well, the bonus is that I'll save approximately $200 to $250 in haircut plus gas money per year, not to mention a lot of time.

phermat said:   Just ordered one of the 5570's. Should be noted that it says 2-4 weeks before order fulfillment. The 5560 says it can ship tomorrow.

I just ordered the 5570s, too, and with Prime it told me I'm getting free 2 day shipping, with a delivery date no later than  Wednesday, August 28th.

Did you use Prime?

p.s. - Thanks for that link to Philips' site for comparative features since it probably saved me a minimum of 30 minutes of searching/research. 

I ordered, and my only big complaint is that I wished the dial "locked". Several times while using it, I would have the thing spin down a few setting closer to my head. I end up having to hold the ring while I use it, to prevent it from accidentally going shorter.

phermat said:   I ordered, and my only big complaint is that I wished the dial "locked". Several times while using it, I would have the thing spin down a few setting closer to my head. I end up having to hold the ring while I use it, to prevent it from accidentally going shorter.  

I'm not paying attention - thought your post was recent. NM what I said about shipping time, obviously.

You are still not paying attention.

does anyone know where guide combs for this that are 1" to 1 1/2" can be found?

Amazon has Andis and Wahl ones, but they appear not to fit, and I haven't been able to find Philips Norelco ones of that length.

TIA

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014