• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Double Power 7" Tablet 4GB memory with custom case and USB keyboard
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It looks like a good deal. Thanks and repped.

Damn! I might have to return the tablet from Staples for this.

No HDMI, many will want that

Is this a good deal? I dont know to much about these things and I want to get one for my son that is 8. Is it worth it or should I look elsewhere?

hmandgprty4u said:   Is this a good deal? I dont know to much about these things and I want to get one for my son that is 8. Is it worth it or should I look elsewhere?

Google play?
micro sd slot?
Case and keyboard?
$69 ?
On the go cable?

It's a good deal. Even if it breaks after a year.

I grabbed a couple for Christmas gifts. This would be great angry bird, candy crush and facebook machines for kids and teens.

512MB RAM and Jelly Bean means that it will be sluggish

One might use the 15$ credit statement (15 off 75) by using Amex...Link

Ugh these cheap >100 tablets are all junk. They are all the same low end sluggish CPUs and lousy LCDs. They are OK when you first boot up but once you add apps and get going they are junk. The Hisense Sero 7 Pro is 149 and easily worth it. If not that take a look at the Sero 7 (non Pro version) or The HP Slate for 110 at Staples at the moment. I have seen many people get these and be dissapointed 2 weeks later.

I swear. Why do people compare these things in the first place. Yes, it's under $100. No, it wont play HD games like Need For Speed. Thus why several tablets are still selling for over $300. But if you want a color screen, an e-reader, use apps for local news and weather, or check/post on Facebook, these tablets are fine. The ones that retails stores use for inventory is basically the same thing, only difference is that they're usually running Android 2.1 and has a laser on the top to scan bar codes. It has a 1.2Ghz CPU (single core?), it only has 512MB of DDR3 memory, it only has a 0.3MP camera. But it also includes a keyboard and a case.

If you want to pay a tad more ($100 - $150), you get the next step up. But those are still junk when playing Mpeg4 with more than 30fps, they still lag when playing higher end HD games, etc. But it's strong enough to send your Angry Bird across the screen with no lag.

I'm not sure when the "You get what you pay for" terms has been erased from people's minds, but it's still true. No you're not going to find a sub-$100 tablet that will perform like a $300+ tablet this year unless someone will have one on Black Friday. But yet those are the people that will stand in line or fight with people to get a $200 Celeron laptop and expect i7 performance. Not going to happen.

how do people feel about this for $30 more?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Double-Power-M980K-with-WiFi-9-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Android-4.1-Jelly-Bean-Operating-System-Black/24458226?findingMethod=rr

buxbuster said:   how do people feel about this for $30 more?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Double-Power-M980K-with-WiFi-9-Touchscreen-Tablet-PC-Featuring-Android-4.1-Jelly-Bean-Operating-System-Black/24458226?findingMethod=rr

The larger screen and additional 4GB may be worth it for some people. Keep in mind that the 7" and 9" screens have the same resolution - only 800x480. Some text will be difficult to read at that resolution.

I have had the previous Double Power 9" tablet (M975) for almost a year and still use it daily. The speed is adequate for reading emails and Internet browsing, and most games. The OTG port on the Double Power tablets is a convenient way to add more storage by connecting a thumb drive, useful for movies.

I have mixed feelings about the quality control at Double Power. My original tablet has been trouble free for a year, but a second tablet ordered at the same time was DOA and returned to WalMart immediately. I later purchased another M975 for my sister, which only lasted 4 months before it would no longer power on. Out of the 90 day warranty, it was replaced by Double Power for $60. The replacement tablet is still working.

A year ago there were no other 9" tablets for anywhere near this price point. But if I were buying a 9" today, I would consider a "fire sale" Nook HD - much higher resolution and better battery life for not much more money.

got one, and the keyboard stopped working after a day, returning it to WalMart

importcf said:   Ugh these cheap >100 tablets are all junk. They are all the same low end sluggish CPUs and lousy LCDs. They are OK when you first boot up but once you add apps and get going they are junk. The Hisense Sero 7 Pro is 149 and easily worth it. If not that take a look at the Sero 7 (non Pro version) or The HP Slate for 110 at Staples at the moment. I have seen many people get these and be dissapointed 2 weeks later.
  Hisense Sero 7 Pro is $129 at WalMart.  I got 1 and it is decent with HDMI output.  I would not buy any tablet under 8GB because many applications are getting very large.

It's $59.99 now on that page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.