• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hardware/Software Installation

Uninstall old component
Complete install
Test to ensure operating correctly

then MY BENEFITS along the side

print out coupon for free hardware install. This can be worth up to $200 if you are getting a component replaced (ie new hard drive, processor, etc) versus what you'd normall pay easy tech for this service.

You will however have to pay for the part. But you'd have to do that anyway if you did it yourself.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

staples (15.55kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Not seeing "My Benefits" anywhere

MISTERCHEAP said:   Hardware/Software Installation

Uninstall old component
Complete install

print out coupon for free hardware install. This can be worth up to $200 if you are getting a component replaced (ie new hard drive, processor, etc) versus what you'd normall pay easy tech for this service.

You will however have to pay for the part. But you'd have to do that anyway if you did it yourself.

The added this benefit to Plus & Premier accounts when they changed their program a few months ago.

pghphil said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Hardware/Software Installation

Uninstall old component
Complete install

The added this benefit to Plus & Premier accounts when they changed their program a few months ago.

yes, but you need the coupon for this service and a hardware install is about the most valuable "perk" they are offering. Not cheap to have this work done.

Saw it yesterday which checking for a breakroom coupon in my coupon wallet fro Mr. C's trashy deal.

Good for people who don't know how to do simple install.

However, I would do it myself instead of lugging my PC to Staples BUT I am most scared about them messing things up and you can't do much about it due to the disclaimer(s).

ShakuniMama said:   Saw it yesterday which checking for a breakroom coupon in my coupon wallet.

However, I would do it myself instead of lugging my PC to Staples.

No so good if you have to buy the part at Staples though...

KidCharliemain said:   ShakuniMama said:   Saw it yesterday which checking for a breakroom coupon in my coupon wallet.

Depends if you have the coupons and/or if the hardware is on clearance.
In fact, most of my hardware for my 4 PC builds came from straples clearance deals.

ShakuniMama said:   KidCharliemain said:   ShakuniMama said:   Saw it yesterday which checking for a breakroom coupon in my coupon wallet.

Depends if you have the coupons and/or if the hardware is on clearance.
In fact, most of my hardware for my 4 PC builds came from straples clearance deals.

Me too, but what are the odds that the part they need is gonna be on clearance when they need it? I've got closets full of stuff that I (or someone I help out) will need eventually because it was on clearance, if there is a way to get it that cheap when I actually need it please sign me up!

I wonder, if you bought a new internal HDD from them, and used this coupon for installation - would they also re-install or clone your OS? Seems unlikely to me.

I actually charge clients slightly more to do a re-install when they pay me to replace/upgrade their HDD, versus cloning, versus just the physical installation.

VirtuaL said:   I wonder, if you bought a new internal HDD from them, and used this coupon for installation - would they also re-install or clone your OS? Seems unlikely to me.

I actually charge clients slightly more to do a re-install when they pay me to replace/upgrade their HDD, versus cloning, versus just the physical installation.

I would think it would be a bare-bones hardware install.

dreamsicle said:   VirtuaL said:   I wonder, if you bought a new internal HDD from them, and used this coupon for installation - would they also re-install or clone your OS? Seems unlikely to me.

I would think it would be a bare-bones hardware install.

yes, any kind of software/os install is considered an additional service.

VirtuaL said:   I wonder, if you bought a new internal HDD from them, and used this coupon for installation - would they also re-install or clone your OS? Seems unlikely to me.

What do you use for cloning ?

Ghost 2003 for DOS on a USB flash drive. That's for cloning XP. I haven't had need to clone a Win7 machine yet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014