Start your 2 months free trial.
Cancel anytime. After 2 months $7.99/month

http://www.hulu.com/plus/awesomes2month

Member Summary

2 free months of hulu plus
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Cut the cord few months ago, saved $110 on cable bill, was able to call TWC and haggle them about internet and ended up ... (more)

FUqer (Aug. 06, 2013 @ 5:26a) |

Gilt City is offering a free month of Hulu Plus. It lets you select up to a quantity of 5. Not sure if it will actually ... (more)

BostonOne (Aug. 14, 2013 @ 3:23p) |

The good news is I got 5 codes. The bad news is that this is for new users only and has to be started by September 7th.

BostonOne (Aug. 14, 2013 @ 3:40p) |

Offer only available to new subscribers.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

seems they are getting ignored by google LMAO

seems like you can get it even if you are using it now. Register with a new credit card and a new email.

Fyi, if you cancel the free trial before it expires, your service ends immediately. With some services, they'll keep it active for the rest of the free trial period, so you can cancel it early on and not have to worry about forgetting, but not with this trial. I just tried it. Google Calendar reminders work pretty well too though.

Eh, while I am an active proponent of "cutting the cord", Hulu has commercials. I'm not really going to pay a company to show me advertisements, it's exactly the reason I am almost exclusively streaming everything now.... if I am interested in a product I'll do the research and ask the questions, prefer not to have it shoved down my throat while paying for it...

Anyways, 2 months free is a fine deal, but even Hulu Plus has ads, so an HD Antenna and free local programming would suffice for those shows with ads just as nicely.

ebbikenezer said:   Eh, while I am an active proponent of "cutting the cord", Hulu has commercials. I'm not really going to pay a company to show me advertisements, it's exactly the reason I am almost exclusively streaming everything now.... if I am interested in a product I'll do the research and ask the questions, prefer not to have it shoved down my throat while paying for it...

Anyways, 2 months free is a fine deal, but even Hulu Plus has ads, so an HD Antenna and free local programming would suffice for those shows with ads just as nicely.

Do you have cable? And if so, aren't you paying for ads on that platform?

Hulu Plus is a godsend if you have basic cable and basic cable means like you get no worthwhile channels (i.e. comedy channel). For $8 you can supplement basic cable and get access in a slick format instead of $20-$30 extra to comcast for a cluncky interface. And why would i pay for basic cable even though I never turn it on? Because its cheaper (really) bundled with internet instead of internet alone :/
The ads aren't as obtrusive as TV ads, they are short and done quickly.

I personally don't purchase cable because it's a huge rip-off. I've seen the Hulu ads and they are still obtrusive. I'll watch Criterion Collection movies without commercials if they still have them.

Yup. Ridiculous that they only show you tv shows, charge money and still serve you ads.

The idea of paying someone to jam garbage -- which is what ads are -- paying to have garbage shoved down my throat is a laugher.

*IF* they had ads at the beginning, and I knew how long the suffering was going to be, that would be one thing. I still wouldn't do it but I'd know what I was signing up for if I signed up for it.

But getting hooked into a movie and then at the end having a zillion cuts for ads -- no way. Hulu can suck it.

TV lost me years ago -- one too many ads with dancing cats or singing toilet bowls or was it dancing toilet bowls and singing cats? -- and no way I'm going back.

No way I'm surfing the net without AdBlock and every other thing to make sure these scum don't shove their pus into my eyes and ears. I show up to movies when they start -- not when the schedule says they start -- so as to not sit through commercials there.

Ummm, seems this hit a hot spot for me...

Green for posting, OP, as I know many will find this jive useful. For me, free is way, way too much of a price.

dpid said:   ebbikenezer said:   Eh, while I am an active proponent of "cutting the cord", Hulu has commercials. I'm not really going to pay a company to show me advertisements, it's exactly the reason I am almost exclusively streaming everything now.... if I am interested in a product I'll do the research and ask the questions, prefer not to have it shoved down my throat while paying for it...

Hulu Plus is a godsend if you have basic cable and basic cable means like you get no worthwhile channels (i.e. comedy channel). For $8 you can supplement basic cable and get access in a slick format instead of $20-$30 extra to comcast for a cluncky interface. And why would i pay for basic cable even though I never turn it on? Because its cheaper (really) bundled with internet instead of internet alone :/
Great points. Good enough argument that you convinced me to go for the free trial for the next two months! If I had a nickel for every ad I have been made to watch on cable, at a cost of ~$50/mo. (w/taxes & fees) for basic, well I'd have a shti load of nickels!

I have watched many shows and a few movies on the regular Hulu service and I survived those commercials, so if this isn't any worse I may enjoy my free trial. Enough to keep it? Too early to tell.

Green for this deal.

Thanks- I can use it while temporarily abroad. Apparently you can use the same credit card, and just supply a new email, if you already had an account.

ebbikenezer said:   Anyways, 2 months free is a fine deal, but even Hulu Plus has ads, so an HD Antenna and free local programming would suffice for those shows with ads just as nicely.Except you can't stream them and watch them anytime you like.

Anybody know when this offer expires? Couldn't find any clear info on the website.

AusTex Deal Seeker said:   The idea of paying someone to jam garbage -- which is what ads are -- paying to have garbage shoved down my throat is a laugher.

You generally have to pay for two things with media, delivery and content.
Same with cable.
Commercials pay the content. Subscription pays the delivery.
Yeah, it would seem like a huge rip if there was some service providing all this for free. But there isn't. Netflix? Sure, if 5 year old cancelled TV shows are what you want to watch. This is a sustainable model. Sorry companies can't produce multimillion dollar TV shows and deliver them to your PC and TV whenever you want for free with no effective advertising.

blindninja1 said:   Fyi, if you cancel the free trial before it expires, your service ends immediately. With some services, they'll keep it active for the rest of the free trial period, so you can cancel it early on and not have to worry about forgetting, but not with this trial. I just tried it. Google Calendar reminders work pretty well too though.
This is true in the trial and out of the trial. Hulu will immediately cancel your account. If you have paid for that month, they will give a pro-rated refund to your CC.

mmconhea said:    Netflix? Sure, if 5 year old cancelled TV shows are what you want to watch.
Are you talking about The Walking Dead? Or, Breaking Bad? Or, maybe Parks & Recreation or Sons of Anarchy or Burn Notice? How about Mad Men, House of Cards, Sherlock, How I Met Your Mother, White Collar, Archer, Once Upon a Time, or Psych.

Of course, there's more and everyone has their own preferences. But, that list appears to be a lot of good/popular content available from TV shows still in production.

Sonofspam said:   dpid said:   ebbikenezer said:   Eh, while I am an active proponent of "cutting the cord", Hulu has commercials. I'm not really going to pay a company to show me advertisements, it's exactly the reason I am almost exclusively streaming everything now.... if I am interested in a product I'll do the research and ask the questions, prefer not to have it shoved down my throat while paying for it...

Great points. Good enough argument that you convinced me to go for the free trial for the next two months! If I had a nickel for every ad I have been made to watch on cable, at a cost of ~$50/mo. (w/taxes & fees) for basic, well I'd have a shti load of nickels!

I have watched many shows and a few movies on the regular Hulu service and I survived those commercials, so if this isn't any worse I may enjoy my free trial. Enough to keep it? Too early to tell.

Green for this deal.

I've been thinking about signing up too - I just shut off my dish network a little over a week ago and that crap was costing me $75/mo. the best questions is one I still get to ask now but it's not costing me $75/mo to ask.....hey, know what's on TV right now......yeah, thats right...NOTHING!

Youtube is my source for entertainments like this. I don't mind a bit of ad in youtube cause it's FREE. But lately youtube is slowwwwww.

Over the air channels, omg they sux lately with all those reality shows.

I am not a new customer. I got a free 2 month trial which ended a couple months ago. I just signed up with a different e-mail address and credit card and it worked fine for me for another free 2 months. Thanks OP!

ArbitraryChicken said:   mmconhea said:    Netflix? Sure, if 5 year old cancelled TV shows are what you want to watch.
Are you talking about The Walking Dead? Or, Breaking Bad? Or, maybe Parks & Recreation or Sons of Anarchy or Burn Notice? How about Mad Men, House of Cards, Sherlock, How I Met Your Mother, White Collar, Archer, Once Upon a Time, or Psych.

Of course, there's more and everyone has their own preferences. But, that list appears to be a lot of good/popular content available from TV shows still in production.

They also have original programming.. they brought back my mom's soap opera which she watches on her computer for free. I like being able to stream Grimm and Jon Stewart to my tv. My tween is really into Japanese programming and Hulu has a million Japanese programs. It's definitely worth the 8 dollars a month. I haven't had cable since I lived in rural NM where there was dial up internet and no free over the air tv.

The trick with Hulu Plus ads is the following: When you start the show open two browser tabs pointing to the same show, then run the very first ad in the first Hulu tab.. let it finish..as soon as the ad is done slide the timer on the second Hulu tab to the next ad point (slide it a bit more)..Enjoy the first part and as soon as you start watching on the 2nd Hulu tab, slide the timer to the next part on the first Hulu tab and let it finish the ad while you are watching on the other Hulu tab..hope I did not explain it in a complicated way. Basically alternate your Hulu tabs..

I combined this with the amex $25 credit from WalMart and got two 6 month gc for hulu for ~$5.06/mon for 14 months.

yamakasi said:   The trick with Hulu Plus ads is the following: When you start the show open two browser tabs pointing to the same show, then run the very first ad in the first Hulu tab.. let it finish..as soon as the ad is done slide the timer on the second Hulu tab to the next ad point (slide it a bit more)..Enjoy the first part and as soon as you start watching on the 2nd Hulu tab, slide the timer to the next part on the first Hulu tab and let it finish the ad while you are watching on the other Hulu tab..hope I did not explain it in a complicated way. Basically alternate your Hulu tabs..
that sounds like a lot of work, and those that use set top boxes and/or game consoles can't possibly make this work.
I think that since I'm only going to pay $8 per month I would expect to see a few commercials, but paying $75/mo for satellite, I would expect to see ZERO commercials - not sure where the logic is coming from that commercials should be eliminated with pay services, you all know that nothin's for nothin! someone's gotta pay those actors/reality stars/news anchors/ etc - and it's usually the advertisers!!!!

ewakko said:   I combined this with the amex $25 credit from WalMart and got two 6 month gc for hulu for ~$5.06/mon for 14 months.

There are sellers on eBay selling Hulu Plus 12 month codes for $25 or about $2 a month.

ArbitraryChicken said:   mmconhea said:    Netflix? Sure, if 5 year old cancelled TV shows are what you want to watch.

don't forget Hemlock Grove

yamakasi said:   The trick with Hulu Plus ads is the following: When you start the show open two browser tabs pointing to the same show, then run the very first ad in the first Hulu tab.. let it finish..as soon as the ad is done slide the timer on the second Hulu tab to the next ad point (slide it a bit more)..Enjoy the first part and as soon as you start watching on the 2nd Hulu tab, slide the timer to the next part on the first Hulu tab and let it finish the ad while you are watching on the other Hulu tab..hope I did not explain it in a complicated way. Basically alternate your Hulu tabs..

I just use the refresh method, first ad is shorter than others, when you get to an ad slot, refresh, watch short ad and it cancels out the longer ad slot.

In regards to ComputeThis message about eBay sellers, are they legit?

Just a note: I thought that for two months it would be worth trying to cancel my subscription and sign up again with a different email and cc. It also involves resetting the connection through my dvd player... entering and online code. When I hit the cancel button, it offered me a free month to stay. I took it. I know that one free month is not as good as two, but it was so easy...

Thanks OP!

The fact that HL+ has ads bothers me so much that not even 2 free months will get me motivated to restart my subscription. That's how annoying ads are to me.

I found a better way. I just tape the Hulu content on my VCR, then I can FF through the commercials

LiquidSilver said:   Except you can't stream them and watch them anytime you like.

You can if you record the shows you want.

redcorvette80 said:   In regards to ComputeThis message about eBay sellers, are they legit?

Just
Just going the ratings of the sellers, I would tend to believe the codes are ok. Some provide a warranty of some kind. I would probably buy a cheap 3 month one to see how that one goes first,

ewakko said:   I combined this with the amex $25 credit from WalMart and got two 6 month gc for hulu for ~$5.06/mon for 14 months.

Where is $25 amex WalMart credit? I could only find the $15 credit with $75 purchase from WalMart.com
thanks

neatfoote said:   Anybody know when this offer expires? Couldn't find any clear info on the website.
They send you mail after you register for free trial end date.
It is 2 months from your registration.

radiation said:   ewakko said:   I combined this with the amex $25 credit from WalMart and got two 6 month gc for hulu for ~$5.06/mon for 14 months.

Where is $25 amex WalMart credit? I could only find the $15 credit with $75 purchase from WalMart.com
thanks

You are right, it's $15, i sux at numbers/math and keeping track of amex promos

I dont like hulu

Its worth a shot to try it out. Ill put a reminder to not forget to cancel. Thanks

Used a $10 rebate gc as the cc.  Set reminder w/ alerts on google calendar.  Cut the cord a year ago and haven't been watching anything.  Was using TiVo before that and always skipped the ads.  Don't remember the last time I watched tv w/ ads... 

Skipping 9 Messages...
BostonOne said:   Gilt City is offering a free month of Hulu Plus. It lets you select up to a quantity of 5. Not sure if it will actually translate into 5 free months, but it's worth a try.

http://www.giltcity.com/national/huluplusnat

The good news is I got 5 codes. The bad news is that this is for new users only and has to be started by September 7th.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014