• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Grand Theft Auto 5
Disclaimer

Grand Theft Auto 5
Disclaimer
Best Buy Sept 18th

Atomic Blimp Pre-Order Bonus:Receive access to the in-game blimp when you pre-order Grand Theft Auto V.

Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition includes:
• SteelBook featuring art created for the case
• 21" x 26" blueprint map of the counties in the game
• In-game stunt plane trials
• In-game special ability boost
• In-game extra outfits, tattoos and shop deals
• In-game additional weapons

As a Reward Zoneฎ member, get $10 in Reward Certificates per game title you pre-order and purchase. Eligible titles are available for
Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4 and PS3. Credit will be issued after the item ships.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A blimp in GTA5?? Why not just buy Saints Row 4 if you are looking for less-realistic and more-fun style gameplay...

wfay said:   A blimp in GTA5?? Why not just buy Saints Row 4 if you are looking for less-realistic and more-fun style gameplay...I don't see a problem with this.

At least blimps are real things that you could reasonable expect to actually see flying around once in awhile.

I enjoyed the rest of the series, but everything about SR4 looks unbelievably stupid (fun? perhaps. unrealistic and dumb? absolutely.)

It looks to me like the folks at Volition couldn't decide what kind of game they wanted to make, so the crammed every other game type into a giant amorphous blob of shit.

There is a big difference between GTA5 adding somewhat realistic diversionary activities & SR4 introducing such completely unbelievable garbage as the president being an active gang banger, mech warrior suits, superhero powers, alien invasions, etc.

So as not to threadcrap by doing noting more than talking shit about SR4, I will comment on the deal.

This is the regular price for the special edition, so it's the $10 RZ credit that makes the deal. Tax for me would be ~$6, so I would get about $4 net benefit vs buying at Amazon w/o tax.

I'm usually not a fan of buying special or collectors edition games either, but this is one case where I do feel like the special edition is worth the extra money.

Since the Staff post above set a precedent of posting opinions:

I see a problem with any developer providing digital content as part of a pre-order or Collector's addition DLC bonus. When it's some inconsequential item like a pet or purely aesthetic item - then I'm OK. Here, I will feel like I am not getting the whole package since I am missing out on weapons, stunt plane trials, & ability boosts. Why should I have to pay extra to get content developed as part of the game's regular dev cycle? I can't see this any other way than a money-grab.

Personally, I think StarCraft 2 knew how to make a perfect collector's addition. The digital content was a pet for World of Warcraft that most people probably didn't care about and an avatar next to your name. The physical stuff made up for all that however. The point is that they didn't give the people who bought the collector's addition extra units or missions or anything else that would have seriously frustrated those who forked over $60 for the release version.

Anyway, to comment on the deal - I'm sure we will see other stores like GameStop do their own promotions to entice folks over. It's not worth it; I'v always pre-ordered my games off Amazon and got release day shipping.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014