• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
To receive your $10 rebate via mail:
1. Purchase 5 or more quarts of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil
Purchase 5-1(one) quart bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil
Purchase 1-5(five) quart bottle of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil
2. Complete and submit this form by clicking the REDEEM NOW button at the bottom of this page.
3. Include your original retailer's identified and dated purchase receipt showing the required purchase between August 1, 2013 and October 31, 2013. Receipt must specify the Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil was purchased (brand and product required on the invoice).

http://www.pennzoil.com/fallrebate/ 

Does anyone know if WalMart is a participating retailer?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Here is a chance to triple dip.
1, Menard has this Pennzoil on sale for $5.49 before $2.00 MIR. Menards MIR limits to 18 ... (more)

fastness (Sep. 17, 2013 @ 9:09p) |

Don't bother fighting with them.  They change it all the time.  I just called and they told me that because I got the FS... (more)

Ivanist (Sep. 25, 2013 @ 11:51a) |

Same issue: they said WalMart was not a participating retailer, but that I qualify for the FRN rewards rebate instead. T... (more)

Crazzzzy (Oct. 10, 2013 @ 3:27p) |

Rebate Status
Please call 1-866-707-6737 or visit www.shellrebatecenter.com/pennzoil 
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Yes they are. I have gotten my rebate for my purchase at WalMart.

Bought two 5 qt (separately) last time and got both rebates just now. Since the SUV needs 7-8 qt, may as well get another two. The last rebates came with $5 coupons, too.

I was trying to find an ad-match for WalMart, and came up with this (O'Reilly's) for $3.07 a quart!

GWBush said:   Bought two 5 qt (separately) last time and got both rebates just now. Since the SUV needs 7-8 qt, may as well get another two. The last rebates came with $5 coupons, too.

Exactly, I got two $5 coupons too, will use them and mail in the new rebate. Since the rebate dates start Aug 1st, this must be a new rebate period.

"Receipt must specify the Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil was purchased (brand and product required on the invoice)."

What a ridiculous requirement. Most stores abbreviate names and products to fit the receipt width.

Ivanist said:   Yes they are. I have gotten my rebate for my purchase at WalMart.

Good to know. Was the above a requirement for your rebate submission?

Nice find, OP, thanks.

chedv said:   I was trying to find an ad-match for WalMart, and came up with this (O'Reilly's) for $3.07 a quart!

Good find, but these are 5W-20. Most cars need 5W-30.

Edit: I stand corrected (thanks, Red55). Apparently, many new cars run on 5W-20. If you need 5W-20, chedv's deal above is pretty awesome.

chedv said:   I was trying to find an ad-match for WalMart, and came up with this (O'Reilly's) for $3.07 a quart!

Both o'reillys near me are $8.99 a quart for 5w20, central FL. Three of my vehicles take 5w20 so I would love to see $3.07 a quart.

Crazzzzy said:   chedv said:   I was trying to find an ad-match for WalMart, and came up with this (O'Reilly's) for $3.07 a quart!

Good find, but these are 5W-20. Most Older cars need 5W-30.

Fixed it for you! (Kidding . . .) Most new cars are now 0W-20 or 5W-20, unless you have one of those bavarian cars

Red55 said:   Crazzzzy said:   chedv said:   I was trying to find an ad-match for WalMart, and came up with this (O'Reilly's) for $3.07 a quart!

Good find, but these are 5W-20. Most Older cars need 5W-30.

Fixed it for you! (Kidding . . .) Most new cars are now 0W-20 or 5W-20, unless you have one of those bavarian cars

Holy @$%^. Just how old have I gotten? This is 1999, isn't it?

Thanks for the info, didn't know that.

still a lot of squawking about 5-20 and 0-20 but it does make sense for start up lubrication seemed like all my cars from the 70s used 20-50!

Lost out on two $10 Pennzil rebates. Rejection postcard shows up a month ago. I call the 800 # and get foolish and clearly inapplicable excuses, and then the rep says she'll contact the processing office for a second review and call me back the same day. (said that emphatically, which I took to be a brush-off line.)

Haven't heard a word from them. Penn rebates aren't worth a stamp.

beestar said:   To receive your $10 rebate via mail:
1. Purchase 5 or more quarts of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil
Purchase 5-1(one) quart bottles of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil
Purchase 1-5(five) quart bottle of Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil
2. Complete and submit this form by clicking the REDEEM NOW button at the bottom of this page.
3. Include your original retailer's identified and dated purchase receipt showing the required purchase between August 1, 2013 and October 31, 2013. Receipt must specify the Pennzoil Platinum® Full Synthetic motor oil was purchased (brand and product required on the invoice).

http://www.pennzoil.com/fallrebate/

Does anyone know if WalMart is a participating retailer?

Double Dip by saving money on gasoline purchases at Shell when you purchase select Pennzoil products:

"SAVE 50˘/GAL on Shell fuel with 5 QT purchase Pennzoil Ultra™ or Pennzoil Platinum® Motor Oil; Save 10˘/gal with the purchase of each quart bottle of Pennzoil Ultra™ or Pennzoil Platinum® Motor Oil"

https://www.fuelrewards.com/fuelrewards/pennzoil.html

oreillys and WalMart did not have the 0-20 where else?

MidwestUSDealGuy said:   
Double Dip by saving money on gasoline purchases at Shell when you purchase select Pennzoil products:

"SAVE 50˘/GAL on Shell fuel with 5 QT purchase Pennzoil Ultra™ or Pennzoil Platinum® Motor Oil; Save 10˘/gal with the purchase of each quart bottle of Pennzoil Ultra™ or Pennzoil Platinum® Motor Oil"

https://www.fuelrewards.com/fuelrewards/pennzoil.html

Cool! But T&C says: "Cannot be combined with any other SOPUS Products offer." Looks like we need to make a submission for this as well with the same invoice. Am I right in thinking double dipping is not allowed and won't work?

found it at the upscale WalMart 0-20 for 24.00 sooooooo if the rebate come through it will be like 3 dollars a quart. Thanks for the post beestar!

Beware of this rebate. You may be in for lots of hassle. I purchased 2 (5 quart jugs) on March 10th. Submitted the rebate electronically on the same day. Says 8-10 weeks for processing. The first rebate arrived at the 10 week mark. That was after 3 phone calls inquiring about the status. The second rebate just showed up after 21 weeks. That was after an additional 5 phone calls and several emails to Shell corporate. Was always told they are backed up in processing, blah,blah, and it will be arriving soon. Said they would personally see to it that it was mailed out and call me back. Never happened. Finally got action through the emails to Shell corporate. If I hadn't stayed after them, wonder if I would have ever received them.

yep I have rrebate stories too..usually I am tenacious but it is in their interest to deny all they can!

While this was my first Shell rebate, I was able to get both with almost no hassle. I also purchased 2 5qt jugs on the same receipt and uploaded them electronically the next day. It did take quite awile, almost 2 months I think, before my entry showed up on the status query. When it did finally appear, I got 2 different submission numbers with the first one showing approved and the second one rejected with no specific reason. I decided to wait it out thinking maybe they'll just combine them and send a $20 check. When the check arrived it was for $10, but when I went back to look up my submission numbers to call and complain, the second rebate changed to approved status. That check arrived a couple of weeks later, so other than having to wait for awhile to see my status appear and the confusion with the second rebate, my experience was relatively painless. I'm contemplating getting in on this one again, since I still have the $5 off coupons from the last promo.

KuoH

piperpilot12w said:   Beware of this rebate. You may be in for lots of hassle.

Submitted mine with 2 5qt jugs from WalMart on Aug 15. No status online yet.  I guess I will have to wait.

Claim rejected. WalMart is not a participating retailer.

I got the rebate last go around with WalMart purchase. I wonder if they changed their policy. The claim form doesn't exclude WMT I believe.

T&C: "Terms and Conditions
Note: Offer ends October 31, 2013. Valid only at participating retailers. Bulk submissions or bundled submissions by retailers, or any other entity, on behalf of consumers, are not permitted. Requests must be postmarked by November 15, 2013 and received by November 30, 2013. Void for residents of RI or where prohibited by law. Limit 2 rebates per person, household or address (e-mail and physical). Rebate will expire 60 days from issue date. This redemption form and proof of purchase submission may not be mechanically reproduced. An original printed retailer identified and dated purchase receipt showing the required qualifying Pennzoil® motor oil purchase (brand and product required on invoice) between August 1, 2013 and October 31, 2013 must accompany all forms. Use of fictitious names, multiple addresses or P.O. Boxes to fraudulently obtain additional rebates is a violation of federal law, and may result in prosecution. Trading or selling proofs of purchase is strictly prohibited. This offer may not be published in any publication, electronic or printed, without written permission from SOPUS Products. SOPUS Products may cancel, rescind or extend this offer at any time. No redemption will be honored for any club, group, organization or legal entity. Not responsible for lost, late, damaged or postage due mail. Rebates cannot be replaced if lost, stolen or misplaced. Rebate has no cash value if not cashed before the expiration date. Incomplete or illegible promotion requests will not be honored. All requests will become the property of SOPUS Products and will not be returned. Offer valid only in U.S.A. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Allow 6 weeks for mailing of your rebate."

beestar said:   Claim rejected. WalMart is not a participating retailer.
  Got the same thing too.  Not doing Pennzoil rebates again.

Seems like they are not honoring WalMart anymore. Anyone price the 5 gallon jug at other places then, AutoZone, Pepboys, O'Reilly's, etc?

I just got off the phone with the rebate center and they resubmitted the request for me. I stated the WalMart I made my purchase from is new and did not show up on their search online. If you search for retail locations on their website, WalMart does show up which means it is acceptable.

Just called rebate center, talked to supervisor and she insisted WalMart not a participating retailer even if WalMart is listed under retail stores if you put in your zipcode. She refused to resubmit rebate or validate my 2 invalid rebates. Said they will have an answer from the promotional dept this afternoon and will call me back, yeah right like that's going to happen.

I suggest all involved to call the rebate center and give them an earful. They do not list in the terms of the rebate what the participating retailers are.
Amounts to a bait and switch.

Did rebate past 2 years and had no problem w/ WalMart receipt. I have my receipt, I will return the oil and they will lose my business if this is not resolved within a week. Didn't realize these guys are so sneaky would think Pennzoil/Shell is big enough company to stoop this low to irritate its customers.

Thanks, I was going to buy at lunch today. Anyone know if O'Reilly's or Autozone is best place to buy after WalMart?

Anyone know a place that offers a good price to change oil when you provide your own?

I have only street parking in a city and don't want to deal with this myself.

O'Reilly and AutoZone is $36.99 for the 5 quart 10W-30 jug (in my zip code). Might be better to buy at WalMart and take a chance on rebates. Especially if you got the $5 coupon from the last rebate.

That's interesting.  After I called, I checked the status a couple of days later and it showed processed.  I received the Checks In The Mail over the weekend.  I just talked to a normal rep.

koolhand said:   Just called rebate center, talked to supervisor and she insisted WalMart not a participating retailer even if WalMart is listed under retail stores if you put in your zipcode. She refused to resubmit rebate or validate my 2 invalid rebates. Said they will have an answer from the promotional dept this afternoon and will call me back, yeah right like that's going to happen.

I suggest all involved to call the rebate center and give them an earful. They do not list in the terms of the rebate what the participating retailers are.
Amounts to a bait and switch.

Did rebate past 2 years and had no problem w/ WalMart receipt. I have my receipt, I will return the oil and they will lose my business if this is not resolved within a week. Didn't realize these guys are so sneaky would think Pennzoil/Shell is big enough company to stoop this low to irritate its customers.

Maybe thats why the find retailer on the rebate page is not working for me but the find retailer on the main page still works.

http://www.shellrebatecenter.com/default.cfm 

I would write Their Corp office and file complaints with your State Att. Generals office.

http://www.pennzoil.com/contact-us-pennzoil/

No time to waste on this run around crap. I will call back in a few days and if rebates not approved oil goes back to the store and no more pennzoil in the future. I speak with my wallet. 

OK, sorry to beat a dead horse, called rebate ctr again, confirmed that WalMart not participating dealer, they gave me a zip code to put in that would pop up participating retailers, and nothing comes up on my zipcode. No way for them to approve rebate. For those that said their rebate was re-submitted, you're probably being lied to etc.

Off to return my oil and move on.

I get no stores for my work and home zip codes, even though there are O'Reilly's, AutoZone's close by. I think their participating dealer finder is not accurate. In any case, with the $5 coupon I got from the last rebate, still worth it for me. Comes to ~$20 for 5 quart jug. Odd thing is that I got the $5 coupons from the last rebate with oil purchased from WalMart.

I haven't done the rebate, but you need to use "find locations" from the rebate page http://www.pennzoil.com/fallrebate/ (there's also a link at the bottom of the rebate redemption page) which takes you to:
http://www.pennzoil.com/diy-fall-locations/ (in my area I only see Menards & meijer)

Regular search will show you all locations that sell their oil: http://www.pennzoil.com/oil-change/

It would be better if they just listed the participating retailers on their website or marked the search as "Participating Rebate Retailers"

Here is a chance to triple dip.
1, Menard has this Pennzoil on sale for $5.49 before $2.00 MIR. Menards MIR limits to 18 q. Exp on 28/09, requires rebate receipt.
2, "SAVE 50˘/GAL on Shell fuel with 5 QT purchase Pennzoil Ultra™ or Pennzoil Platinum® Motor Oil; Save 10˘/gal with the purchase of each quart bottle of Pennzoil Ultra™ or Pennzoil Platinum® Motor Oil"
3, This Pennzoil $10 MIR, requires store receipt.

Don't bother fighting with them.  They change it all the time.  I just called and they told me that because I got the FSN reward, I am not eligible to get the rebate.  I'll just return it back to WalMart to avoid the hassles.

Same issue: they said WalMart was not a participating retailer, but that I qualify for the FRN rewards rebate instead. This is 5c off for upto 20gallons assuming you have a Shell station nearby, which works out to the same $10. I think I'll just go this route. Least hassle. You can do this all online, including scanning and uploading the receipt.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014