• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/back-to-school/resource...

Event date varies by area, check the link for date in your location.

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Teacher Appreciation Day
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, Staples has really gone down hill. We used to get a back full of goodies like post it notes, pens etc.. Now we get a free shopping bag that we can fill up and get 20% off. And the give away is 1 $25.00 Staples gift certificate. They have also changed their teacher rewards program. We used to be able to use our card and get the 1cent deals for folders erasers etc. Now we can only get 10 1cent items and we have to spend $5.00 to get 10 items at 1 cent. Not a great deal.

Ya it's changed but teacher rewards still has 100% back on penny deals (up to 25) and now also has the reward A classroom program. info here. If you have parents that shop at Staples willing to sign up for the new program it could be a better deal than the old way.

wwinters said:   Ya it's changed but teacher rewards still has 100% back on penny deals (up to 25) and now have the reward A classroom program. info here. Which if you've got parents that shop at Stapels willing to sign up could be more beneficial than the old rewards program.

....or parents could just send their kids to school with proper school supplies in the first place so teachers could concentrate on doing their jobs vs being an office supply store on tax payer's dime. IMO "necessary" school supplies and the hysteria associated with it has gotten WAY out of hand. Now it is nothing more that marketing gimmick used to sell otherwise worthless office supplies and teachers are as much at fault as the companies pushing the "need" hysteria. The ONLY school supplies that ANY student needs at ANY age is a pencil and paper. The rest is all nonsense.

pencil and paper all that's needed at any age really? Sound like a very limited environment that I wouldn't I care to teach or have my children learn in but to each his/her own.

It's astonishing when people speak about something they know nothing about. Tax payers have zero to do with teachers (I'm in higher ed but my fellow teachers in K-12) paying anything. Some individual teachers spend their own money on this stuff. Yes, all of it is about selling product as usual but that has nothing to do with teachers spending their own money on supplies. That may not be 'all' but many do.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014