• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has the 16GB Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet w/ Special Offers + $25 GC + Leather Case for $144 with Free Super Saver Shipping. Amazon Local.

Click Here to visit Amazon Local and get a 50% off Kindle Accessories voucher for Free.

The voucher code will be automatically applied towards to Amazon account.

Click Here and add the 16GB Kindle Fire HD 7" Tablet w/ Special Offers + $25 GC + Leather Case to cart.

Price should be $144 for all three items after proceeding through checkout. You won't see this price till final checkout page.

Specs:
1280x800 HD display with polarizing filter and anti-glare technology for rich color and deep contrast from any viewing angle
Exclusive Dolby audio and dual-driver stereo speakers for immersive, virtual surround sound

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Pictures don't help in identifying colors on non-calibrated monitors. In other words, you don't see true colors on your ... (more)

aarzi (Aug. 12, 2013 @ 2:11p) |

It's kind of like mixing orange and red together.....the result....a Persimmon case!! That's what mine looks like anyway... (more)

Iceaug (Aug. 12, 2013 @ 5:38p) |

If this package ever comes up again.....grab it fast....before it's gone. This is really a gr8 deal!!

Iceaug (Aug. 20, 2013 @ 9:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I placed an order for this combo and received email confirmation from Amazon.

Total cost for the 16g Kindle Fire HD 7" AND the Leather case was $119.00!!!

$25 Gift card was listed separately for $25!!

Good deal even though the next generation of Kindle Fires will likely be announced in the next month or two (this Gen announced last September).

I will be installing Android as soon as I receive mine, read the forum below for details:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1786

It is worth waiting for the new Kindle.

What would be worth waiting for for the new one? Will it be at this price point? No? Then why not buy now?

Amazon increased the price by $15

NYBonk said:   What would be worth waiting for for the new one? Will it be at this price point? No? Then why not buy now?

Personal preference I would think. I hate spending ANY money on something that weeks later is outdated. I would rather spent $50 more and have the updated version.

haramkhor said:   Amazon increased the price by $15

No they didn't. Just add to cart as instructed and the price will drop.

Perfect timing. Thanks OP!

in for one, thanks Iceaug

I got all the way to adding a CC and the Kindle Fire HD is now $159.00, the case is $29.99, and the GC is $25.00.

This is what I'm seeing (I did go further and it didn't get cheaper): http://screencast.com/t/JN9qYLmOQdPU

Is it dead? Or am I still missing a step?

Thanks!
=aw

...okay I went one step even further and gave it CC info. I'm seeing $159.00 all-in: http://screencast.com/t/LCGQ3gxpIQ5

So they did raise the price $15, or is there some other discount I'm failing to claim?

Thanks!
=aw

Also,

I will be installing Android as soon as I receive mine

Presumably this makes it a more flexible more generic tablet?

Does it still play Amazon Prime videos in HD after doing that? That functionality is limited to specific devices and I don't know whether it's something in the Fire-specific implementation of Android, or if it's a hardware thing.

Thanks!
=aw

ottawa said:   ...okay I went one step even further and gave it CC info. I'm seeing $159.00 all-in: http://screencast.com/t/LCGQ3gxpIQ5

So they did raise the price $15, or is there some other discount I'm failing to claim?

Thanks!
=aw

You are missing a step. The local promotion.

uafgrad said:   ottawa said:   ...okay I went one step even further and gave it CC info. I'm seeing $159.00 all-in: http://screencast.com/t/LCGQ3gxpIQ5

Thanks!
=aw

You are missing a step. The local promotion.

Thanks Ottawa

Same here. Email receipt shows $119 and it seems they are shipping me a $25 gift card too! I've been on the fence for a tablet for a long time, thanks OP!, liking this entry price for good hardware.

UPDATE: Sorry I got this turned around a bit. As others have pointed out... My payout is $119 (no tax) for the Kindle and Leather cover plus $25 for a gift card they'll send me. Total= $144

Order Summary
Items (3): $213.99
Shipping & handling: $9.97
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Promotion Applied: -$1.29
Super Saver Discount: -$9.97
Promotion Applied: -$54.99
Total before tax: $142.71
Estimated tax to be collected: $10.45
Order total: $153.16
Qualifying offers:
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Super Saver Discount

what did i do wrong

Thx $132 with Calif sales tax!!!
Woot!!
This is for a 7 year old
She will be over joyed!!!

Thanks, I will try it again. Bottom line, it's $119 net for the Fire HD and $25 for a $25 GC?

=aw

daysfan .. is your total 132 before gift card or total after gift card
mine is 153 before gift card with ny sales tax pay 153-25(gift card) 128 total.. did i do this right

I'm not sure what is different between my order and a couple of you having trouble... I followed the steps given by OP and first went to the Amazon Local thing and click on the box that had something to do with 50% off accessories and "applied to account". In the end, I believe the price on screen was down to $144 never $119. It was when I got the email receipt that the order price showed $119. (No Taxes) Maybe that gift card will never be shipped and it was actually applied to the order 144-25=119 ?? But, the order states that the gift card will be shipped to me. If it actually does come that's even better

UPDATE: Sorry I got this turned around a bit. As others have pointed out... My payout is $119 (no tax) for the Kindle and Leather cover plus $25 for a gift card they'll send me. Total= $144

deleted.

Taurus176 said:   daysfan .. is your total 132 before gift card or total after gift card
mine is 153 before gift card with ny sales tax pay 153-25(gift card) 128 total.. did i do this right

From my email confirmation

Item Subtotal: $188.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$69.99
Total Before Tax: $119.00
Estimated Tax: $10.71
Order Total: $132.71

Thanks, just got mine as well, killer deal!
E

Here's what I got:

Order Summary
Items (3): $213.99
Shipping & handling: $9.97
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
Super Saver Discount: -$9.97
Promotion Applied: -$54.99

Total before tax: $144.00
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Order total: $144.00
Qualifying offers:
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Promotion Applied
Super Saver Discount

Nice. I've been wanting an Amazon e-reader, but on the fence between the basic reader and a fire. The e-mail receipt price was $25 lower than the price shown at final checkout, but I looked at "my orders" and it broke out the gift card into a separate $25 invoice.

The $144 price is with the gift card.

$119 + $25 gift card = $144 total price

Correct! I updated my previous posts, sorry if I steered folks wrong a bit.SandDunes said:   The $144 price is with the gift card.

$119 + $25 gift card = $144 total price

YES................. 25.00 is automatically deducted form total when you get you confirmation e mail.... finally got it to work perfectly!!

So in the end you pay $144 and get a Kindle Fire HD + cover?

=aw

I also figured out that you can choose any of the colors for the cover listed (you're not locked into the Persimmon color). Got the Amazon local voucher, then I just checked the Fire and the gift card, then went to the product page for the cover 7' Fire cover and chose the color I wanted, added it and got the $144 total.
Enjoy!
E

ottawa said:   So in the end you pay $144 and get a Kindle Fire HD + cover?

=aw

No. You pay $119 and get a Kindle Fire HD and cover. You also get a $25 gift card for $25. That totals $144

diverej said:   I also figured out that you can choose any of the colors for the cover listed (you're not locked into the Persimmon color). Got the Amazon local voucher, then I just checked the Fire and the gift card, then went to the product page for the cover 7' Fire cover and chose the color I wanted, added it and got the $144 total.
Enjoy!
E

That is genius...wish I had been smart enough to figure that out! Persimmon is backordered like two weeks anyway. Hopefully it's more brownish than orangish when it gets here!

diverej said:   I also figured out that you can choose any of the colors for the cover listed (you're not locked into the Persimmon color). Got the Amazon local voucher, then I just checked the Fire and the gift card, then went to the product page for the cover 7' Fire cover and chose the color I wanted, added it and got the $144 total.
Enjoy!
E

Thank you! choosing a different color means I get the cover ten days sooner.

Sorry I'm being slow but to confirm, do you shell out $119 and get a (tablet+cover), or do you shell out $144 and get a (tablet+cover) and a $25GC for future use? Either way it's $119 net for the tablet+cover but do you then have $25 invested in Amazon for a future order?

=aw

ottawa said:   Sorry I'm being slow but to confirm, do you shell out $119 and get a (tablet+cover), or do you shell out $144 and get a (tablet+cover) and a $25GC for future use? Either way it's $119 net for the tablet+cover but do you then have $25 invested in Amazon for a future order?

=aw

You shell out $144 and get a (tablet+cover) and a $25 gift card for future use.

Great deal! order 1! Thank you!

I would just leave the Amazon interface on it. Android has a lot of apps, but it got tiresome for me seeing little icons all over the place just like the iPhone. Which is why I got a WindowsPhone. But the Kind Fire is great just with what they have in their app store. Unless you can install CM10 and dual-boot it, keep it as it is. If you're on the fence about choosing one, this helped me pick http://thecreativealternative.com/choosing-a-tablet/ as they talked about all the options. Yes the new Nexus is out, and yes it is better in many ways, but now it cost about 80% more than the Fire.

Is anyone else getting charged tax (NEW YORK)? Otherwise, I have everything else correct - I believe.
Thanks for the help!

Skipping 43 Messages...
If this package ever comes up again.....grab it fast....before it's gone. This is really a gr8 deal!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014