RoboForm Two Year EVERYWHERE License $15 Living Social

First page
1 of 2
WikiPost
8/5/13 9:45 AM
roboform [ image/png - 157.99kB ]
JuNooNi
8/5/13 10:21 AM
Thanks MrCheap! but why would I use this instead of free lasspass? Again it is a genuine question to someone who have used both applications.

Great find though!
c2013
8/5/13 10:56 AM
JuNooNi said:   

Thanks MrCheap! but why would I use this instead of free lasspass? Again it is a genuine question to someone who have used both applications.

Great find though!

Roboform's major advantage (to many at least) is that passwords are stored locally, not in the "cloud." Lastpass "free" is also encumbered with ads and offers no "everywhere" access (e.g. mobile devices). Lastpass "premium" is competitive but actually costlier.
8/5/13 2:13 PM
Which company is more trustworthy? Since you have to trust them with your passwords. Not only the risk that they, or one of their employees, might steal your passwords, but also the risk that a random hacker could break in due to imperfect security there, which is another form of being less trustworthy. And even when they store their passwords locally, do you have a way to prove that's all they do? Could a hacker break in to their software and use it to retrieve the passwords from your computer? And how do they do "Everywhere" if the passwords are local?
Wizard83
8/5/13 2:19 PM
Been using RoboForm for several years now and this is my second year on the Everywhere, just renewed in April. It's nice since I can have it on my PC at work, home, Ipad, phone, USB thumb drive etc.

I wonder if this is for new users only? I think I paid $9.99 for the 1st year as a promo and $19.99 for the next year. I'd be all over this if it would extend my current subscription by two years or even one would be some savings.

Cheers
retiredlawman
8/5/13 3:28 PM
I was gungho for Roboform for years until the "lifetime" password to access the program quit working. They said
they no longer honored lifetime licenses. Sure....real honest people. Wouldn't trust them with a dog bone after
that experience. They make up the rules as they see fit.

Use Steganos now, at least they haven't tried to change their original agreement....and they do not store anything
in the so called 'cloud' which since it's inception we have seen many cloud pushers go out of business or been
hacked.

If you disagree just consider this as an old lawman who still keeps up with the latest scams. Just finished reading
half a dozen articles on new 'art forms' revealed at the big hackers convention. At least two tricks have already
shown up to make local LEOs pull their hair.
ssgcinty
8/5/13 5:16 PM
Use lastpass and roboform.
Love roboform (paid version ) but too bad my version does not work on chrome.
So have to switch to lastpass (free version)
Still miss roboform - especially the part where you can "type and go" to the website. So you don't have to go to say comcast.com then click on my account.

And inspite of what lastpass says, it has not been able to import my roboform passwords.
So I have downloaded an IE emulator inside chrome and I use it whenever I need to enter passwords using roboform.

Have not tried roboform anywhere yet.
pitflyer
8/5/13 6:24 PM
I started off with Roboform but moved to KeePass combined with Google Drive. Basically I have KeePass on all my devices (including mobile devices) and then save the KeePass data file on my own personal drive.
Works fine with web sites with the Title In Host Bar extension. My boss still uses Roboform and it does seem to integrate better with non-browser apps (ie he can save passwords for basically anything like server / app pop ups) but for a free self-hosted solution KeePass has been good to me.
shahnm
8/5/13 7:06 PM
retiredlawman said:   

I was gungho for Roboform for years until the "lifetime" password to access the program quit working.

I felt this way as well originally. I decided to swallow my angst and come to terms with it, though. In the end, it's good software. I would have bought it originally even without the lifetime upgrade "promise", and I guess as they grew up and dealt with economic reality, they realized they probably should never have offered it. Anyone got a bridge they want to sell me in Brooklyn...?
First page
1 of 2
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.