• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

If your in the market for a tablet here's a great deal!

Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Tablet Quad Core Processor with 8GB Memory @ Walmart - $129.00
Free Store Pick up

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary

Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Tablet Quad Core Processor with 8GB Memory
Thanks erohrer
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
8GB is not enough storage for a tablet. 16GB should be the standard by now. That new Dell Venue 8 Android tablet is a gr... (more)

roboatarantino (Oct. 28, 2013 @ 12:08a) |

Dell tablets are notoriously crap. If you want more storage, get an extra microsd card

ZombieHunter (Oct. 28, 2013 @ 4:22a) |

No thanks. I'd rather have as much internal storage as possible for apps and games. You wouldn't buy a PC with a 20GB ha... (more)

roboatarantino (Oct. 28, 2013 @ 5:21a) |

Sero 7 Lite version is now $79 - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-Sero-7-7-Tablet-Dual-Core-Processor-with-4GB-Memory-E270BSA/24805141
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Shows $149 online for my local store less than 10 miles away. When I changed store location to one about 18 miles away it reduced the price to $129. Try different locations to get the $129 price.

This one from Asus will be available in a few days for $149.99. Does not seem too different but the Asus is 16GB and uses DDR3 RAM but the Asus looks like it lacks NFC.

I would venture to guess these Hisense tablets are just re-skinned 8GB Nexus 7 models that were discontinued (Not a bad thing) I guess the Hisense does also have an extra camera.

http://www.amazon.com/MeMOPad-HD-7-Inch-Blue-ME173X-A1-BL/dp/B00...

akbungle said:   This one from Asus will be available in a few days for $149.99. Does not seem too different but the Asus is 16GB and uses DDR3 RAM but the Asus looks like it lacks NFC.

I would venture to guess these Hisense tablets are just re-skinned 8GB Nexus 7 models that were discontinued (Not a bad thing) I guess the Hisense does also have an extra camera.

The HiSense (compared to the Nexus 7 (2012) does have an extra camera, but much more importantly it has an MicroSD card slot.

The Asus Memopad HD 7 has a quad core A7 Mediatek processor. Anandtech did a review, but in summary the processor is slower than the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7 (and also in the Sero 7 pro), but not much. But really if the MemoPad HD7 is slower, and costs more (for albeit 8gb more memory), why get the Asus Memopad HD7 when you can get the Sero 7 Pro? Unless you want the Asus Brand Name.

Asus Memo Pad HD7 Review @ Anandtech

one that actually has a usb port

This is my first Android tablet, and I don't think I could have picked a better one for the money. Comes with a Quad core Tegra 3 processor, Android JellyBean 4.2 OS, and runs great. I have downloaded 22 games and 15 apps and all ran smoothly and beautifully. Dead Trigger, Conduit, Riptide GP, anything I threw at it the tablet handled it and handled it well. The mic is really great on it too, I skyped with some friends and they said I was coming through clear as a bell. Not a whole lot of downs to this tablet. I am giving it 4 stars since it only comes with 8 Gb internal storage, and it has no 3g or 4g. Other than that, this tablet cant be beat!

suppin said:   akbungle said:   This one from Asus will be available in a few days for $149.99. Does not seem too different but the Asus is 16GB and uses DDR3 RAM but the Asus looks like it lacks NFC.

The HiSense (compared to the Nexus 7 (2012) does have an extra camera, but much more importantly it has an MicroSD card slot.

The Asus Memopad HD 7 has a quad core A7 Mediatek processor. Anandtech did a review, but in summary the processor is slower than the Tegra 3 in the Nexus 7 (and also in the Sero 7 pro), but not much. But really if the MemoPad HD7 is slower, and costs more (for albeit 8gb more memory), why get the Asus Memopad HD7 when you can get the Sero 7 Pro? Unless you want the Asus Brand Name.

Asus Memo Pad HD7 Review @ Anandtech

True about the Micro SD card and thanks for correcting me on that. I gotta say I personally do feel better with the Asus name and $20.00 is easily worth it for double the space since as far as I am aware unless you root you can't shift apps over to the card with Jelly Bean and Asus has had a very good relationship thus far with Google so I feel there maybe better support software wise.

That being said this deal is pretty solid. But for me since I don't yet pay tax on Amazon the difference shrinks to about ten bucks.

I paid $159 for the Hisense Sero Pro and couldn't be more pleased. Good sharp pictures from the camera, very responsive, plays movies just fine off a 32 gig MicroSD card. Green for you OP.

Dang Tax ....

jschuman said:   Dang Tax ....

No tax this weekend in MA.

You can find all the details about modifying this tablet here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2297246

I have one and love it.

Unexplainable price drop is odd though.

Back to school sale??

These tablets are dropping like crazy. I just switched from an iPhone to an Android phone and I love it. I'm thinking about selling my iPad and switching to an Android tablet as well.

Thanks OP! We've been looking for a spare tablet since our toddler has taken over our Toshiba Thrive. In for 1...

Closest store had it for $149, store a few miles away had it for $129.

i did store pickup, took order, then canceled the order saying none were available
tried a different store, same thing

Thanks OP. I've been wanting a somewhat entry level tablet to get my feet wet. I've been eyeing this one after seeing it advertised and watching an online review. Kept thinking that next week the next big thing for the $150ish price range would be released. Been expecting this since early summer. Withthet price drop.....I'm in.

So I went ahead and placed my order and will hope I don't get the cancellation message frogster received.

EDIT/Update: Took longer waiting at the pickup in the store than ordering and receiving my message to come get it. Plugged in charging right now.

Safety Alert: Due to federal restrictions, this item cannot be returned by mail. Before returning the item to your local Wal-Mart store, please be certain that all tanks are completely empty of any flammable liquids, if applicable. See our returns policy for more information.

DOES THIS THING RUN ON GASOLINE?

clydestereo said:   Safety Alert: Due to federal restrictions, this item cannot be returned by mail. Before returning the item to your local Wal-Mart store, please be certain that all tanks are completely empty of any flammable liquids, if applicable. See our returns policy for more information.

DOES THIS THING RUN ON GASOLINE?

Propane

Hisense dropped the price after the Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 tablet went on sale in the United States.
I bought one at the $149 price and think it's great.
It has a mini-HDMI out so you can watch HD videos on your tv.
32 gig micro-sd slot.
OTG micro usb port.

some stores arent realizing the price dropped so make sure they scan the item for u to show the 129.00 price. got 2 at local store and so far tests look great for this tab.

chrispitude said:   Thanks OP! We've been looking for a spare tablet since our toddler has taken over our Toshiba Thrive. In for 1...

Closest store had it for $149, store a few miles away had it for $129.

The store that had them at $149 yesterday has them for $129 today. I guess it took some time to update all the computers.

Two items:
My store has the Hisense sero pro both at dual core and quad core- I assume the quad core is faster? The quad core I bought run Android 4.2 Jelly bean.

I also bought the Asus Memo Pad 16gb which was reduced from 149 to $109-10% because I bought the display.

Given the price difference $98.10 vs $129 is one a markedly better value than the other?

pprogram said:   Two items:
My store has the Hisense in both at dual core and quad core- I assume the quad core is faster? The quad core I bought run Android 4.2 Jelly bean.

I also bought the Asus Memo Pad 16gb which was reduced to $109-10% because I bought the display.

Given the price difference $98.10 vs $129 is one a markedly better value than the other?

The Sero Pro is better than the Sero, but the Sero (Better specs than Galaxy Tab 2) is still functional and that has been dropped to $79
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-Sero-7-7-Tablet-Dual-Core-Proc...

It's strange, my local WalMart refuses to even show up on the store search.

DarthWoo said:   It's strange, my local WalMart refuses to even show up on the store search.

If it's not showing up when you choose a store for pickup, it's probably because the store has no inventory for that item. The store should still show up if you do a store search from the main page.

pprogram said:   

I also bought the Asus Memo Pad 16gb which was reduced to $109-10% because I bought the display.

That Asus tablet is not the new one that was just released. Probably not worth 100.

chrispitude said:   DarthWoo said:   It's strange, my local WalMart refuses to even show up on the store search.

If it's not showing up when you choose a store for pickup, it's probably because the store has no inventory for that item. The store should still show up if you do a store search from the main page.

Figures that out of every WalMart in this area, the only one close to me wouldn't carry it. I thought they were supposed to be able to ship to store for pickup.

ZombieHunter said:   pprogram said:   Two items:
My store has the Hisense in both at dual core and quad core- I assume the quad core is faster? The quad core I bought run Android 4.2 Jelly bean.

The Sero Pro is better than the Sero, but the Sero (Better specs than Galaxy Tab 2) is still functional and that has been dropped to $79
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-Sero-7-7-Tablet-Dual-Core-Proc...
What more do you get with the Pro?

Hisense Sero 7 LT with WiFi 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC:

Technical Specifications:
1.6GHz Dual-Core processor
1GB DDR2 of system memory and 4GB on-board storage memory
7.0" touchscreen, 1024 x 600 resolution
Built-in 802.11b/g/n WiFi
Additional Features:
Micro USB 2.0 port, mini HDMI port
4GB on-board storage memory, additional memory via SD card slot.

Software and Applications:
Android 4.1 OS (Jelly Bean)

Hisense Sero 7 PRO 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC:

Technical Specifications:
1.3GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core processor
1GB DDR2 of system memory and 8GB on-board storage memory
7.0" touchscreen, 1280 x 800 resolution
Bluetooth technology
Additional Features:
Back 5MP webcam and front 2MP webcam with flash and auto-focus
USB 2.0 port, mini HDMI port
8GB on-board storage memory, additional memory via SD card slot
Up to 10 hours of run time on a full charge
Software and Applications:
Android 4.2 OS (Jelly Bean)
Built-in NFC

I think you are right about the Asus Memo Pad - back in the box and back to the store it goes. Took forever to play a youtube video from the site.

The Sero Pro is so much better.

Picked up one today, slightly disappointed. The display is not as good as I was hoping for (have the 1st generation KF and the KF HD 7 to compare with). The other problem is the back cover is not tight (when push it, there is the popping sound - space between the cover and the component).

Might anyone here have both one of these and a Nook HD+ and would care to share their opinion? They're obviously in completely different size classes, but I'm curious as to how well each would do at things like the various games available for Android, reading comics, and general web browsing. I'd imagine as far as comics, the 7" would be a bit uncomfortably small.

newgun said:   Picked up one today, slightly disappointed. The display is not as good as I was hoping for (have the 1st generation KF and the KF HD 7 to compare with). The other problem is the back cover is not tight (when push it, there is the popping sound - space between the cover and the component).

Exchange it, because screen is def better than the KF1, and mine has no popping back.

i bought one over the weekend (tax free). Have both an ipad, nook hd+. For a 7" tablet- this is a great value. Extremely good resolution, smooth response and pretty darn fast. Couple with the fact that it has an mini HD output/ micro sd slot its worth every dollar.

newgun said:   Picked up one today, slightly disappointed. The display is not as good as I was hoping for (have the 1st generation KF and the KF HD 7 to compare with). The other problem is the back cover is not tight (when push it, there is the popping sound - space between the cover and the component).

Did you buy the Sero 7 or the Sero 7 Pro?

The sero 7 has a horrible screen... if you bought this one... return it... and get a sero 7 pro
If you bought a sero 7 pro... and it's creeking & the screeen is not good... return it... my sero 7 pro has about the same if not better screen than the KF HD 7

suppin said:   newgun said:   Picked up one today, slightly disappointed. The display is not as good as I was hoping for (have the 1st generation KF and the KF HD 7 to compare with). The other problem is the back cover is not tight (when push it, there is the popping sound - space between the cover and the component).

The sero 7 has a horrible screen... if you bought this one... return it... and get a sero 7 pro
If you bought a sero 7 pro... and it's creeking & the screeen is not good... return it... my sero 7 pro has about the same if not better screen than the KF HD 7

True, I had the Sero 7 first and I couldn't last more than a day with the screen, then exchanged it for the pro.

The Pro. no longer available at the store so probably no way to get it exchanged, plus I have already rooted it and loaded the xboexpert ROM, even though I can always reload the stock ROM back. Several reviews I read mentioned the display is a bit washed out. The build quality definitely is not on par with KF/KF HD.

suppin said:   newgun said:   Picked up one today, slightly disappointed. The display is not as good as I was hoping for (have the 1st generation KF and the KF HD 7 to compare with). The other problem is the back cover is not tight (when push it, there is the popping sound - space between the cover and the component).

I picked one up on Friday and it works perfectly well. It's pretty fast and the screen is fine, much better than the Archos 101T tablet I was using before. As a generic Jelly Bean tablet, I'd consider it a good buy, and after adding a screen protector and 32GB MicroSD, it will surely last me a few years.

Got the pro yesterday. I have set of headphones with volume control/play pause functionality. Those headphones don't work. I didn't expect the controls to work, but I've never had a device that the headphone part didn't work on. Is this normal or should I return it?

I did check a pair of "regular" headphones and they appear to work, but these headphones work with every other tablet, mp3 player, etc. I have tried them on.

Skipping 48 Messages...
No thanks. I'd rather have as much internal storage as possible for apps and games. You wouldn't buy a PC with a 20GB hard drive, right?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014