• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Glasses
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Maybe I am the only one not aware of this. The price of the lens depends on the price of the frame? A pair of 1.57 CR39 ... (more)

kickerstarter (Nov. 25, 2013 @ 2:18p) |

Can anyone tell me what tinting you are selecting? It doesn't show examples of them.

gobigorgohome (Nov. 25, 2013 @ 3:07p) |

Aquagoggles has a 30% off Black Friday weekend sale with no limit on quantity. Comes out to about $16.75 I believe. Re... (more)

olimess11 (Nov. 29, 2013 @ 10:22a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Hard to get any for $9.90. I put my prescriptions, it only takes $2 off. It asked for around $150

Coupon only worth $2

AVAITOR style (there's only one)
Lens : 1.57 CR39 Lenses - $6.94
Tinting : Yes - $9.99
Discount (GLASSES990) -$2.00
Shipping & Handling (Standard Shipping - USPS) $4.95
Grand Total $19.88

Prescription sunglasses under 20 bucks shipped

How is the quality compared with 39glasses and zenni?

A-OK 2 glasses for...
$6.95 Ordered: 1
$6.94 Ordered: 1
Subtotal $13.89
Shipping & Handling $4.95
Discount (GLASSES990) -$2.00
Grand Total $16.84

I dislike you folks who don't need progressive lens that are never offered at a "steal" of a price. Plus with the measurements needed to get everything lined up right....well that equals $$$$ for me. Hey, at least I get to play the AARP card.

It also offers buy one / get one free deal. Maye be better deal for some folks.

I got two progressive/1.67 Lens configured, two for around $168. Not bad...

First time with progressive glasses, is it good to buy online? anyting to be aware of?

f2000sa said:   It also offers buy one / get one free deal. Maye be better deal for some folks.

I got two progressive/1.67 Lens configured, two for around $168. Not bad...

First time with progressive glasses, is it good to buy online? anyting to be aware of?

I've ordered a few pair. You really want to pay attention to the frames you get. Cheap frames aren't a good mix for expensive lenses because the frames wear out while the lenses are still good.

You'll need some way to measure your pupillary distance if you didn't get it during your optical exam. ZenniOptical sent me a handy little measurement tool that you can measure this yourself in front of a mirror or you can just use a ruler.

The current (August 2013) issue of Consumers Reports has an article about best places to get glasses, and what features are worthwhile and otherwise. Starts on page 31, available at your local library.

f2000sa said:   How is the quality compared with 39glasses and zenni?

I find no difference in quality and I've ordered several pair from each place.

My ophthalmologist refuses to give me my eyeglass prescription (apparently they all do)...and so it seems that I'm forced to go to a local store to get this done, but then obligated to buy glasses there. Does anyone know where to get an eye exam for free/cheap so that I can then order eyeglasses online?

get a new eye doc - had NO trouble getting my prescription from mine. If nothing else, tell them you need it for work for prescription safety glasses or something.

just ask your optho for your records. They are required to give you that by law.

I got an eye exam at Costco for $65. Asked for a copy of the presription with the PD and was given it with no hassle. Ordered several pair of glasses from Zenni Optical for an average cost of $23 each plus shipping...very pleased with the glasses and the whole process.

just ordered thanks op!

Rick505 said:   I dislike you folks who don't need progressive lens that are never offered at a "steal" of a price. Plus with the measurements needed to get everything lined up right....well that equals $$$$ for me. Hey, at least I get to play the AARP card.

I wear progressive lens also but ordered recently from Zenni Optical...got the glasses with tinting for under $65 which is much better than the >$300 they want at local eye glass stores...I'm satisfied with the glasses

I have found Goggles 4U much better than Zenni.

Cogtx said:   Rick505 said:   I dislike you folks who don't need progressive lens that are never offered at a "steal" of a price. Plus with the measurements needed to get everything lined up right....well that equals $$$$ for me. Hey, at least I get to play the AARP card.

I wear progressive lens also but ordered recently from Zenni Optical...got the glasses with tinting for under $65 which is much better than the >$300 they want at local eye glass stores...I'm satisfied with the glasses

Me too. My progressive glasses were terrific. $85 at Goggles 4U.

omarECD said:   My ophthalmologist refuses to give me my eyeglass prescription (apparently they all do)...and so it seems that I'm forced to go to a local store to get this done, but then obligated to buy glasses there. Does anyone know where to get an eye exam for free/cheap so that I can then order eyeglasses online?

You pay for the eye exam. You have NO obligation to buy eyeglasses there. I have my eyes examined at Lenscrafters. Get an Rx to go AND ASK FOR THE PD TO BE INCLUDED.

The last pair i bought online were at www.myeyewear2go.com they were great i paid like 60.00

omarECD said:   My ophthalmologist refuses to give me my eyeglass prescription (apparently they all do)...and so it seems that I'm forced to go to a local store to get this done, but then obligated to buy glasses there. Does anyone know where to get an eye exam for free/cheap so that I can then order eyeglasses online?

If you live in the US, it is federal law that they are required to give you your eyeglass prescription, if you have paid for the service

Maybe I am the only one not aware of this. The price of the lens depends on the price of the frame? A pair of 1.57 CR39 lenses cost $6.94 normally but the same pair of lenses cost $22 if I go for a more expensive designer frame. Photochromic lenses also cost $30 more. Why???

Can anyone tell me what tinting you are selecting? It doesn't show examples of them.

Aquagoggles has a 30% off Black Friday weekend sale with no limit on quantity. Comes out to about $16.75 I believe. Really good goggles, I purchased a set last year.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014