• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
RE AAA DISCOUNT

confirmed that AAA members get a 10% discount. not sure if you go through the business link or it can just be added at a TMOBILE store by showing your valid Membership Card.

http://business.t-mobile.com/advantage

Enter your employer- or organization-provided email address to find out immediately if you qualify for discounts through the
T-Mobile Advantage™ Program. Once enrolled, you and family members on your account can start enjoying benefits like:

Lower monthly rates with access to Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data

Online phone discounts, special promotions, and a 30-day risk-free return policy for new customers on purchase of any new device. Click here for return policy details

Waived $35-per-line activation fee

Free standard shipping

Savings extended to all lines on your account.

Easy switching—even keep your same phone number

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile coupons that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

TMOBILE Advantage -- enter your work email to see if you qualify for lower monthly rate + % discounts
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
From past conversations with tmo advantage dept, AAA discounts need to be applied to the account at the time of account ... (more)

Gpz1100 (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 10:17p) |

That was what they told me also, that you had to open a new account with them to get the discount.
They required I buy a ... (more)

JonnyRock (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 10:45p) |

Applied the 10% AAA discount to my existing account at a T-Mobile store about a week ago. The rep took an imprint of my ... (more)

DCF1942 (Sep. 07, 2013 @ 1:13a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've tried a few times with my $30/5gb WM plan, have never gotten anywhere. Anyone report success with these discounts for Monthly 4g/Pre-paid on T-mob?

I had boost mobile, and decided to to t-mo switch for 3 reasons
1. WIFI (UMA) calling and texting
2. International roaming
3. youmail
Now, I am going crazy trying to get them to honor the discount
I signed up using the phone # for corp sales
I was required to pay $10 for a sim card as they said that the discount was only good if I bought the sim from the business sales group
The sim was not activated when I received it
It took multiple phone calls to get it activated
I was assured that I would still get my 15% off
The first bill came with out a discount, I called corp sales, they said they cannot help
I have been routed to an overseas call center. There I was told to email in a form
I filed a BBB complaint. I was finally called back by someone from the office off the
president of T-Mobile who told me to fax her the form I have emailed in
Now the are saying it can take 2-3 bill cycles for this to work
to add insult to injury, their coverage sucks, and UMA seems to drop calls
It also seems there are higher taxes on the postpaid carriers
If I could do it all over again, I would have stayed with boost, but if I switch back now I will lose my reboost discount

Ummm who cares and what does this have to do with anything? Isn't this a deal thread not a complaining thread?

JonnyRock said:   I had boost mobile, and decided to to t-mo switch for 3 reasons
2. International roaming
3. youmail
I was required to pay $10 for a sim card as they said that the discount was only good if I bought the sim from the business sales group
The first bill came with out a discount, I called corp sales, they said they cannot help
I have been routed to an overseas call center. There I was told to email in a form
I filed a BBB complaint. I was finally called back by someone from the office off the
If I could do it all over again, I would have stayed with boost, but if I switch back now I will lose my reboost discount

Alexsoccerboy said:   I've tried a few times with my $30/5gb WM plan, have never gotten anywhere. Anyone report success with these discounts for Monthly 4g/Pre-paid on T-mob?

these are only for post-paid plans I believe. But the discounts can be nice, as high $5-10 off the regular monthly non-contract price plus a % savings on top of that. and some other perks.

JonnyRock's post is very relevant. it doesn't matter how good the deal is if you don't actually get the discount, and if the coverage stinks. I can also attest that the UMA option drops calls all the time- fortunately I have 4G coverage at my house so I don't have to use it. I can also attest that getting $ back from T-Mo can be difficult. I had T-Mo on another phone, and it took 9 months for a rebate to show up on my account, and by that time I had cancelled the account out of disgust. But T-Mo is not alone- Sprint sucks even more for customer service in my view.

what is youmail?

sideout said:   Ummm who cares and what does this have to do with anything? Isn't this a deal thread not a complaining thread?

Normally yes, but I had the exact same problems with T-Mobile and this same program. I did eventually get the discount, but it took several months, and several very frustrating phone calls to make it happened. My situation went exactly the same, got the SIM (although they never charged me for it), it wasn't active, and it went down hill from there.

In the end I do think it was worth it, because the pricing I got was terrific and the service has been great too, but for several months the customer service was beyond horrid, and this seems to be a common thing.

It does take a month or two for the corporate discount to apply. I have had no problem with the Wi-Fi calling, though maybe your particular phone might be either overloaded with apps or else have a weak Wi-Fi radio? Dunno.

Active Military and Veterans get a 15% discount.

I tried this. First they switched me out of the 'grandfathered' plan i was in, same price tho - value vs simple plan, so i let it go waiting for the bill. Invoice came without any discount, so i contacted them and was told that the discount can only apply within one week of activation, so i don't qualify.

It seems T-Mobile is one of those companies that no matter i do i can't win.

Hendge said:   I tried this. First they switched me out of the 'grandfathered' plan i was in, same price tho - value vs simple plan, so i let it go waiting for the bill. Invoice came without any discount, so i contacted them and was told that the discount can only apply within one week of activation, so i don't qualify.

It seems T-Mobile is one of those companies that no matter i do i can't win.

activation of a new phone or new account?

Here is a snipit of the email i got back: "can only be
applied within one (1) week of activation of a subscriber line.

If you have any questions about the agreement, please contact your Human
Resources Department or Administration office of your association."

Seems silly, but honestly this is at least the 3rd time Tmo has done something i don't agree with. Still a HOT deal if you can get it applied.

Hendge said:   Here is a snipit of the email i got back: "can only be
applied within one (1) week of activation of a subscriber line.

I think the CSR must be mistaken. Existing customers can actually enroll and get the corporate discount.
I did it 8 years ago..... My company's HR said you can also go to a T-Mobile retail store to get the discount.

robrichnh said:   JonnyRock's post is very relevant. it doesn't matter how good the deal is if you don't actually get the discount, and if the coverage stinks. I can also attest that the UMA option drops calls all the time- fortunately I have 4G coverage at my house so I don't have to use it. I can also attest that getting $ back from T-Mo can be difficult. I had T-Mo on another phone, and it took 9 months for a rebate to show up on my account, and by that time I had cancelled the account out of disgust. But T-Mo is not alone- Sprint sucks even more for customer service in my view.Not really, coverage and CS for any provider will vary. That is a given.

Are you saying that every time someone post a cell phone deal for any provider, posters should start jumping in and commenting that they get "lousy coverage at their aunt Mable's house in Idaho?" If you are in a crummy Verizon area, then Verizon deals are not for you or if your AT&T coverage is crap, then don't do AT&T deals, etc.

I found it to be helpful and was able to make an informed decision NOT to go with this kind of deal

JonnyRock said:   I had boost mobile, and decided to to t-mo switch for 3 reasons
2. International roaming
3. youmail

I entered my email address got an email back that I qualify and then need to call a number to activate the discounts

Does any one know What is the final price you end up paying per month for an Unlimited Data, Voice and text plan?

cant seem to find that information.

or does it change based on the company you work for?

Does anyonw know?

singhalnj said:   I entered my email address got an email back that I qualify and then need to call a number to activate the discounts

Does any one know What is the final price you end up paying per month for an Unlimited Data, Voice and text plan?

cant seem to find that information.

or does it change based on the company you work for?

Does anyonw know?

really varies by company. have heard $5 off monthly rate for unlimited plan plus discounted xtra data 2.5g at $9 and discounted xtra line fees PLUS a % discount on those rates varying from 10-15%.

phatwalletguy said:   I found it to be helpful and was able to make an informed decision NOT to go with this kind of deal

2. International roaming
3. youmail

I never base a decision based upon ONE post like this. For every unhappy person, there are likely 25 happy ones. Happy ones tend not to post, but just call and get the deal.

If this thread had many reds and lots of negative comments such as the above, then yes, stay away.

You have to determine what works best for YOU in your area and based on how you use your device. Allowing a poster to disuade you may actually not be helpful at all if there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

MISTERCHEAP said:   phatwalletguy said:   I found it to be helpful and was able to make an informed decision NOT to go with this kind of deal

2. International roaming
3. youmail

I never base a decision based upon ONE post like this. For every unhappy person, there are likely 25 happy ones. Happy ones tend not to post, but just call and get the deal.

Point taken, although apart from the poster , there are at-least two others who had issues (@robrichnh and @Hendge) ,Well in my book that is strike 3 , apart from my own personal experience dealing with TMO.

If this thread had many reds and lots of negative comments such as the above, then yes, stay away.

You have to determine what works best for YOU in your area and based on how you use your device. Allowing a poster to disuade you may actually not be helpful at all if there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

I'll test the AAA discount in a store later today on the way home to see if it's possible - I'll take more savings please and thank you!

lemonhead said:   I'll test the AAA discount in a store later today on the way home to see if it's possible - I'll take more savings please and thank you!

yes, this was told to me yesterday at a TMobile Owned Store in the Philly area. was rattling off organizations/companies the family is affilated with to see what was available.

Make sure they do not restart/extend your contract when you do this. We had Sprint and wife had a school district % discount. Got the discount alright, they also extending the contract. This might not happen with Tmobile but it doesn't hurt to ask.

neverl8 said:   Make sure they do not restart/extend your contract when you do this. We had Sprint and wife had a school district % discount. Got the discount alright, they also extending the contract. This might not happen with Tmobile but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Unless you agree to a contract extension, I've never heard of having a discount applied (for which you are entitled) causing a contract renewal. I would have fought that one.

MISTERCHEAP said:   neverl8 said:   Make sure they do not restart/extend your contract when you do this. We had Sprint and wife had a school district % discount. Got the discount alright, they also extending the contract. This might not happen with Tmobile but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Unless you agree to a contract extension, I've never heard of having a discount applied (for which you are entitled) causing a contract renewal. I would have fought that one.

Tmobile doesn't even have contracts anymore - so if you are in a contract right now, you can opt out to a better deal if you so choose - however, if you are a moron like me and are paying equipment charges, those will continue until that obligation is satisfied - but it is in no way a length contract!

I know this because my "contract" wasn't supposed to be up until February 11th, 2014 - but I went in a week ago and have them put me on the $50 1st line, $30 second line, and $10 each line after that up to 3 additional - unlimited; minutes, texting and data (first 500MB of 4g!)

lemonhead said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   neverl8 said:   Make sure they do not restart/extend your contract when you do this. We had Sprint and wife had a school district % discount. Got the discount alright, they also extending the contract. This might not happen with Tmobile but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Tmobile doesn't even have contracts anymore - so if you are in a contract right now, you can opt out to a better deal if you so choose - however, if you are a moron like me and are paying equipment charges, those will continue until that obligation is satisfied - but it is in no way a length contract!

I know this because my "contract" wasn't supposed to be up until February 11th, 2014 - but I went in a week ago and have them put me on the $50 1st line, $30 second line, and $10 each line after that up to 3 additional - unlimited; minutes, texting and data (first 500MB of 4g!)

true, but the other poster was relaying an experience on Sprint, not TM.

I know - but this is a TMobile thread not a Sprint one :-P :-D

government employees gets 15% discount

2. International roaming
3. youmail

I recently switched to tmobile for the savings, and regret it as well. Coverage is completely unacceptable and customer service has been very hit and miss so far.

@Bogartofelcajon - You need to have ".gov" email id to get discount (even the discount applicable for contractors)

Sorry if my point was unclear.
What I intended to point out was that I was promised a 15% discount.
This discount has not yet happened and I am now paying MORE than my last provider.
They are dragging their feet in giving me what they promised.
I just wanted people to be aware that it seems like their discounts are not that reliable

i had ATT for 5 years, Sprint for 4 years, and now Tmobile for 3 months.

Tmobile isn't that bad, and when u sign up for a family plan, unlimited everything on each person is less then $30 with a corp discount.

corp discounts can be added at any time. u will not be required to sign a new contract, but you are joining the corp discount group, so your bill due date may change to the groups date.

I live in NYC. service isn't the greatest, but it is acceptable.

i had a grandfathered Sprint plan and gave it up, so you decide

While the advantage link posted by OP is not 100% reliable for confirming discount, I can assure you the following:
Government employees receive 15% discount
Military receive 15% discount
USCG receive 18% discount

For instance, for military, unlimited talk, unlimited text and 500MB of data would be $42.50 for the 1st line, $25.50 for the 2nd line and $8.50 for the subsequent lines (i.e. 4 lines is $85 + tax)

Note that if you already have a prepaid phone and active service with T-Mobile, they will waive the SIM Kit for your line ($10 value). However, if you are bringing your own device from another carrier, T-Mobile will charge you up to $10 for the SIM kit.

lemonhead said:   I'll test the AAA discount in a store later today on the way home to see if it's possible - I'll take more savings please and thank you!

Lemon,

were you able to get the AAA discount? In my area it's AAA Mid-Atlantic, so assuming it's a national AAA offer versus part of the country.

California PTA gets 14% here is their infoCa PTA perks

If you signed up for Sunny Corporate Perks for those old Panasonic EPP deals, you can get 15% off through the Sunny website.

My present employer is not offering TMo discounting but I have 15% discount via Working Advantage (from another job). website

TEACHERS Looks like NEA members can get 15% off new and existing accounts.

http://neamb.affinityperks.com/offer/index/offerId/583086/uSourc...

I signed up without proof of membership.

thanks

Skipping 8 Messages...
Applied the 10% AAA discount to my existing account at a T-Mobile store about a week ago. The rep took an imprint of my AAA card and told me it will take 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to show. Got a text message saying my bill cycle has changed while she was working on her computer.  Also a notice in my account when I checked later. Seems it worked.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014