• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi all you can get the great CREE LED ZOOM Flashlight 1AA for $3.50 Shipped 3rd party Amazon

YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON 71 new from $0.01 then SCROLL DOWN to see the $3.50 price

START HERE

Member Summary

CREE LED Flashlight
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Price is  $3.01  now from one vendor.

Of course not the one I just ordered from .....sheesh.

SupTech (Sep. 15, 2013 @ 11:53a) |

pretty bright. but quality really bad.
mine shows problems after a month.

missdeals (Sep. 15, 2013 @ 12:38p) |

I've bought these before from Meritline when they were around $10/each. They are such great little flashlights. I proba... (more)

skylergirl (Sep. 15, 2013 @ 1:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

There are multiple sellers @ that price; which one is the most reliable/honest?

Try one of the 3 new ones past the middle of the page. They should be eager to collect good reviews.

aarzi said:   Try one of the 3 new ones past the middle of the page. They should be eager to collect good reviews.

I was thinking of the seller with the 27 positive ratings...I just hope these are genuine Cree diodes, and not a defective batch where contact points are iffy, which seems to be the case with anything other than the TomTom ones that were single mode (none of these are close to stated lumens, but the TomTom one I have is definitely near 100 lumens on a fresh & REGULAR AA battery).

I wouldn't be so concerned if I were just ordering one, but I was thinking about nabbing 3 or 4 - for friends & family still using prehistoric incandescent flashlights - since I've found the single AA Cree led lights to be the most convenient & useful all-around torches of all.

I ordered one each from the 3 sellers I mentioned. The best one will get my larger order, and will possibly be mentioned here.

Maybe I'm the only one that is less than impressed by these...The 300 lumen claim is patently ridiculous and, more accurately, a lie.
To me, these are worth about what they are charging.
Just don't expect a super-bright light and you won't be disappointed.

I think these are amazing if you use a 14500 AA battery.

they're amazing with a regular AA battery

These lights are worth $10 easy, Harbor Freight should carry these instead of those $3, 9 led craps

Amazing price for an amazing light

i bought 2 of these and the on/off buttons started to go out on them. not sure if they are the real thing.

jabu321 said:   i bought 2 of these and the on/off buttons started to go out on them. not sure if they are the real thing.
try a new battery
seems they won't work at all with a low battery

jabu321 said:   i bought 2 of these and the on/off buttons started to go out on them. not sure if they are the real thing.

That's the contact (switch) issue I mentioned above.

The ones that didn't have that problem and were bright were the Sipik ones.

got 4 of these lights lying around. All I need is a blackout.

lernim said:   These lights are worth $10 easy, Harbor Freight should carry these instead of those $3, 9 led craps

Those free after coupon flashlights at Harbor Freight are great. They just put out another coupon so time to stop by for another free flashlight.

lowpricewanted said:   lernim said:   These lights are worth $10 easy, Harbor Freight should carry these instead of those $3, 9 led craps

Those free after coupon flashlights at Harbor Freight are great. They just put out another coupon so time to stop by for another free flashlight.
They have these coupons in the "FREE" newspapers all the time. No need to wait for them to put one out.

many seller has this price, don't know how to choose

agreed. I've bought 3 of these cree single AA flashlights and they're great for under $5 but I also have about 5 of the Harbor Freight 9 led flashlights which I pickup whenever I need to buy a cheap tool for working on my car. can't say I would buy one of the Harbor Freight flashlights but for free they're more than adequate as a basic flashlight

Lantean said:   got 4 of these lights lying around. All I need is a blackout.

so you get a chance to sit in the dark. LOL

I do have them and they don't run more than 2hrs. Good light though. What I like is how it doesn't just cut off the light, it goes dimmer and dimmer as the battery get weak. So it won't just leave you in the dark.

good price.

Thanks -- green for you!

Those $3.50 ones are shipped from either China or Hong Kong. I wouldn't trust them.
I bought this one, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E0QAFY/ref=oh_details_o06_s...
I can't remember where it shipped from but I think it was quick.
That unit has 3 modes, low, high and strobe.

pianoCM said:   Those $3.50 ones are shipped from either China or Hong Kong. I wouldn't trust them.
I bought this one, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006E0QAFY/ref=oh_details_o06_s...
I can't remember where it shipped from but I think it was quick.
That unit has 3 modes, low, high and strobe.

They are ALL from China or Hong Kong, including the one you referenced. Just look at the shipping time; the estimated shipping times to Asia is shorter than the estimated shipping times to US.

In for 5! Figure I will lose 2 immediately, break one and the wife will steal one...so leaves me with one solid light! BOOM! GREEEEENIES!

These make a great hands-off headlamp. Just cut a little slit in the bill of an old CAT hat, about 4" from the front of the bill, and slip the belt clip in so that the light shines forward.

The topic below has been active for the past year on this style of flashlight, with plenty of discussion on vendors and quality. One of the differences with the flashlight vendors is how many modes are on the models being delivered - usually one (on-off) or three (high-low-flash) modes.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1215260/

WorkerAnt said:   Good light though. What I like is how it doesn't just cut off the light, it goes dimmer and dimmer as the battery get weak.You are confusing these with some other lights. These WILL cut off.

Bought a bunch as stocking stuffers last year and folks loved "em. My wife has one in her purse, there is one in each glovebox, and our two young kids each have one. They are surprisingly durable and bright given their price.

clicked on the link, and when I got to the Amazon page it said I had ordered this on the 15th of july. I had completely forgotten about it, and needless to say never got it (yet)? Says delivery from Aug. 5 to Aug 23 or something like that.

You'll get it soon enough. Depends on the seller. I ordered from 2 sellers last year. When I did not receive them after 6 weeks, I lodged a complaint. Was refunded by Amazon, and complaint forwarded to the sellers. Within a few days, I received both. Then ~4 weeks later, I received 2 "replacements". I went through a really hard time trying to pay for all four. Amazon has no system in place for scenarios like this.

I'd really like to know which one does NOT have the three modes. What a pain in the arse. Just turn ON/OFF please, thank you.

Also, as a test when I received mine. I wired two AA's in series, then applied that 3v to the flash light. I saw no difference between the two identical flashlights I ordered one with my test, the other with only 1 AA.

I like the bright light, but hate the dim and blinking modes!

in for 10pcs and some items that I found that is a price mistake. Other item is $15 less than what my wholesale cost is ($100k account per year). well $15 more in profit for the business when they sell in 2 weeks.

capnkidd said:   in for 10pcs and some items that I found that is a price mistake. Other item is $15 less than what my wholesale cost is ($100k account per year). well $15 more in profit for the business when they sell in 2 weeks.

Guess we'll never know what that "other" item is?

jonesjeremya said:   capnkidd said:   in for 10pcs and some items that I found that is a price mistake. Other item is $15 less than what my wholesale cost is ($100k account per year). well $15 more in profit for the business when they sell in 2 weeks.

Guess we'll never know what that "other" item is?

Remember his name.

H-E-I-S-E-N-B-E-R-G

k6ll said:   These make a great hands-off headlamp. Just cut a little slit in the bill of an old CAT hat, about 4" from the front of the bill, and slip the belt clip in so that the light shines forward.

YankeeRedneck likes this idea.

Just got mine yeaterday and very impressed for the price.

Lantean said:   got 4 of these lights lying around. All I need is a blackout.
My wife always wondered why I had so many flashlights, she wasn't complaining last year when Hurricane Sandy took out our power for a few days.  Plus with single AA battery, it's easy to power.
I like buying these and giving them out as small gifts for the holidays.

I love these lights!

I bought a couple of 14500 rechargeables to go with this and was quite impressed.  With the 14500 battery, this flashlight easily puts out as much light as one of the headlights on my car.  I compared it to my older 3 D-cell maglight and there really is no comparison.  This one blows it away.

Finally got my  one flashlight last week.
I bought from LEDMALL  ..it did take forever but the unit is decent.
Silver color and has both on-off mode and tri-mode.
Ordered 4 more as presents .

Skipping 3 Messages...
I've bought these before from Meritline when they were around $10/each. They are such great little flashlights. I probably have around 4 or 5 now, but they keep getting lost as my son plays with them. So I'm going to order some more. Thank op!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014