• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

WD My Net N750 HD Dual-Band Router
Disclaimer
I got an email, so I apologize if this is a repost:

WD My Net™ N750 HD Dual-Band Router $29.99 free shipping for rewards members (or anyone until 8/19)
VALID ONLINE ONLY, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST. Offer valid through 8/16/13
Up to 750 Mbps (300 + 450) / 802.11 a/b/g/n compatible / 2.4GHz + 5GHz frequency band
WPA/WPA2, SPI firewall security security / 4 x 10/100/1000 LAN ports / 2 x USB 2.0

price seems decent

thank you for reading

Member Summary

WD My Net N750
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yay I got almost a month out of this piece of crap before it died...surfing the web checking NFL scores and then nothing... (more)

Liquidator (Sep. 15, 2013 @ 6:00p) |

Good thru today 9/21. Kinda like the eveready rabbit, keeps going & going.

retrac (Sep. 21, 2013 @ 7:59a) |

ep11365 (Sep. 24, 2013 @ 3:07a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks VivYip. I had a family member ask me recently to find them a router and this fits the bill. Gigabit ethernet and wireless N simultaneous dual band for $30 seems pretty hot to me... Green!

Got 2..great price.

No DD-WRT support at this time

Thanks OP

Thanks OP, got two. Never had a WD router before. Also guys, rewards statements came this morning for me. Ended up not even spending cash! Check your rewards accounts!

got one, thanks OP

Thx OP. Always good to have a spare router on hand.

in for one thanks OP..

N 4 1.

Was going to get a Cisco comparable one. Will try this one out and see. Thanks for the heads up.

Great price! Got one. Thanks OP!

Is the antenna extra?

yesidonoitall said:   Is the antenna extra?
You should know this.

it has really bad reviews on Newegg.com, some bad reviews on Amazon.com

sun2000 said:   it has really bad reviews on Newegg.com, some bad reviews on Amazon.com An interesting PC Magazine article about how to choose..

Before running out and buying a WD router, take a look a their own User Community message board. Pretty uneven experiences. I was really interested in the N900 before reading the reviews, now I'm a little more hesitant. $29 is really cheap, but understand what you're getting is the first generation of hardware from a company new to the router business.

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Net-Networking-Devices/bd-p/networ...

It seems like EVERY router I have looked at the reviews are all over the place not sure if some people's lack of technical skills skews the ratings toward the low end

BeanTech said:   yesidonoitall said:   Is the antenna extra?
You should know this.

I have never seen a router with no antenna.
Really....
Switches of course do not have them, I use 2 and cascade them....

yesidonoitall said:   BeanTech said:   yesidonoitall said:   Is the antenna extra?
You should know this.

I have never seen a router with no antenna.
Really....
Switches of course do not have them, I use 2 and cascade them....

I never saw a Purple Cow,
I never hope to see one;
But I can tell you, anyhow,
I'd rather see than be one.

- Gelett Burgess

thanks... mixed reviews but cant beat the price and obvious upgrade to my ancient wrt

OK, so it is not a wireless router, why not just say that.

yesidonoitall said:   OK, so it is not a wireless router, why not just say that.

yes it is. i'm not sure what that guy was getting at, but if it says router and it says 802.11 anything then it's a wireless device

sersdf said:   yesidonoitall said:   OK, so it is not a wireless router, why not just say that.

yes it is. i'm not sure what that guy was getting at, but if it says router and it says 802.11 anything then it's a wireless device

OK, I guess they make them with no external antennas now.

Thanks OP

In for one. Ordered at in-store Kiosk and used a 5 off $25 check in coupon so I got it for $25. Paid with rewards so no tax....

yesidonoitall said:   sersdf said:   yesidonoitall said:   OK, so it is not a wireless router, why not just say that.

The antennas are within the unit.

where did you get the 5 off $25?

A bit skeptical with the last WD N600 router dropping signals but will give this another chance.

jabu321 said:   where did you get the 5 off $25?

It could be the one from last week

yesidonoitall said:   sersdf said:   yesidonoitall said:   OK, so it is not a wireless router, why not just say that.

My router is wired and it' old. Can I add a wireless router if my tv antenna is indoors? TV reception is spotty at best and I don't want it to get worse. TV and main computer are in the same room and pretty close to each other.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   yesidonoitall said:   sersdf said:   yesidonoitall said:   OK, so it is not a wireless router, why not just say that.

My router is wired and it' old. Can I add a wireless router if my tv antenna is indoors? TV reception is spotty at best and I don't want it to get worse. TV and main computer are in the same room and pretty close to each other.

Dano

Yes you can add a wifi router, it won't interfere with TV signals it's different frequencies. At worst you might get some interference on a cordless phone (home phone not cell phone) from the router but that's rare.

DanoMcGarret said:   yesidonoitall said:   sersdf said:   yesidonoitall said:   OK, so it is not a wireless router, why not just say that.

Dano
Your ISP will have the answer to these questions. You should be able to buy or lease a wireless router from your provider. This cost would be a question for your wireless cable or satellite ISP provider. Buying the equipment will vary on your actual month-to-month costs (leasing), so do the math.

Anyway, after you have a wireless setup, then yes, you can buy a router like this and be set-up, if it matches your specs. Most 802.11N references for the wireless speed of the router will likely be on the underside of the router, so look at it and see what your router is compatible with. The current protocol is the "N" series of wireless routers, so go for a router that can handle "N" speeds, versus slow routers that are very cheap but only give you speed of a 54g wireless router.

Many of your questions can be answered by your own ISP. Instead of being sinister, evil people out to get you, give them a call, they want your business. My personal experience is that calling and negotiating with your ISP can quickly mean real savings.

Liquidator said:   DanoMcGarret said:   yesidonoitall said:   sersdf said:   yesidonoitall said:   OK, so it is not a wireless router, why not just say that.

Dano

Yes you can add a wifi router, it won't interfere with TV signals it's different frequencies. At worst you might get some interference on a cordless phone (home phone not cell phone) from the router but that's rare.
The cordless phone is also next to the computer - cramped quarters - so it might be a problem. Is there any type of filter I can buy for the phone? I know in the old days they put a filter on your alternator so the car radio didn't pick up any interference.

Dano

DanoMcGarret said:   The cordless phone is also next to the computer - cramped quarters - so it might be a problem. Is there any type of filter I can buy for the phone? I know in the old days they put a filter on your alternator so the car radio didn't pick up any interference.

Dano
As long as you don't receive any calls on the cordless phone, you will be okay. Making calls should not be a problem. When someone calls, just ask them to hang up and then call them right back.

DanoMcGarret said:   The cordless phone is also next to the computer - cramped quarters - so it might be a problem. Is there any type of filter I can buy for the phone? I know in the old days they put a filter on your alternator so the car radio didn't pick up any interference.

Dano
You do know we are talking about a modem, right? Why bring up the old days? Modem is short for modern mobile.

aarzi said:   DanoMcGarret said:   The cordless phone is also next to the computer - cramped quarters - so it might be a problem. Is there any type of filter I can buy for the phone? I know in the old days they put a filter on your alternator so the car radio didn't pick up any interference.

Dano
As long as you don't receive any calls on the cordless phone, you will be okay. Making calls should not be a problem. When someone calls, just ask them to hang up and then call them right back.
OK, sounds good and it makes sense. The phone is fairly old and I know one of the neighbors said he can listen in on the calls with some type of radio that he's got. If I get this router perhaps I can keep the same number but then starting using Google voice for my outgoing calls. Since that's done on the computer everything should be good. Thanks for the tip.

Dano

aarzi said:   DanoMcGarret said:   The cordless phone is also next to the computer - cramped quarters - so it might be a problem. Is there any type of filter I can buy for the phone? I know in the old days they put a filter on your alternator so the car radio didn't pick up any interference.

Dano
You do know we are talking about a modem, right? Why bring up the old days? Modem is short for modern mobile.
Hey man, the old days were fun. We had automobiles and they were modern mobiles.

Dano

modem is for

modulator
de modulator

yesidonoitall said:   modem is for

modulator
de modulator
Are you sure? A cordless phone is mobile so Modern mobile makes sense.

Dano

Skipping 33 Messages...
 Now the price is still good thru today 9/28. Nice AP for the price.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014