• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I got an email from morton's, so...

2lb. Steamed Lobster for $29.95 at Morton's

2lb. Steamed Lobster
$29.95 for 2lb. Steamed Lobster from 5pm 11pm on Friday, August 23rd.

Must call to RSVP and reserve your Lobster on or before August 22nd. First come, first served.

Reservation required. No substitutions.

Participating locations:
Arlington Atlanta Atlantic City Baltimore Bethesda Boca Raton Boston Seaport Charlotte Cincinnati Cleveland DC Conn Ave DC Georgetown Ft. Lauderdale Great Neck Hackensack Hartford King Of Prussia Louisville Miami Brickell Miami Coral Gables Nashville New York North Miami Orlando Palm Beach Philadelphia Pittsburgh Reston Richmond Sacramento San Francisco San Jose Stamford Troy White Plains World Trade Center

TERMS/CONDITIONS
Reservations required.
One per person.
No substitutions.
Promotion not valid with any other offer or discounts.


This seems like a decent deal to me, so I hope others might be able to enjoy it too... Thank you for reading.

Member Summary

lobster
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$8-$10/lb. every day at most any Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant around here.

No dice in Chicago.

f2977 said:   $8-$10/lb. every day at most any Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant around here.

This.

f2977 said:   $8-$10/lb. every day at most any Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant around here.

This does not include free rye bread

fatbaby said:   f2977 said:   $8-$10/lb. every day at most any Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant around here.

This does not include free rye bread



But does include trademark mobile home wood veneer paneling and copious good-luck plants for atmosphere

got reservation in NY! thanks OP.

GreenTrash said:   fatbaby said:   f2977 said:   $8-$10/lb. every day at most any Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant around here.

This does not include free rye bread



But does include trademark mobile home wood veneer paneling and copious good-luck plants for atmosphere


I guess, if cooked right, some people can't tell the difference between lobster and CAT!

f2977 said:   $8-$10/lb. every day at most any Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant around here.

Yeah, and why would anyone go to Morton's anyway when there's Outback Steakhouse!

2lb for $30 at Morton's is not bad at all.. i mean that's average market price at average restaurants.

but i've been eating a lot of lobsters lately in new england @$3.99/lb(lowest price in recent history)

I noticed that once they get up to 2lb range their meat is not as good.

I say aim for ones around 1.5lbs +/- 0.1 ... seems like these have the best tasting meat..

Anything over 1.8lbs tasted kinda "funny".

Quikboy4 said:   f2977 said:   $8-$10/lb. every day at most any Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant around here.

Yeah, and why would anyone go to Morton's anyway when there's Outback Steakhouse!


Are you actually serious? With steak, only only are there varying cuts that greatly affect the price (yeah, let's compare Morton's ribeye to Outback's maybe sirloin, but likely chuck), but there's also grade (Prime, Choice, Select, D) differential that affects the price even more.

With lobster, you're getting the same damn animal from the same damn ocean. Sure there are some differences between Canadian vs Maine lobster, but at this price for Mortons, it's likely Canadian anyways. And oftimes at the Asian seafood restaurant, they'll have the holding tanks so you can pick out your own live lobster to guarantee you're not getting a dead one.

ZenerDiode said:   Quikboy4 said:   f2977 said:   $8-$10/lb. every day at most any Chinese/Vietnamese restaurant around here.

Yeah, and why would anyone go to Morton's anyway when there's Outback Steakhouse!


Are you actually serious? With steak, only only are there varying cuts that greatly affect the price (yeah, let's compare Morton's ribeye to Outback's maybe sirloin, but likely chuck), but there's also grade (Prime, Choice, Select, D) differential that affects the price even more.

With lobster, you're getting the same damn animal from the same damn ocean. Sure there are some differences between Canadian vs Maine lobster, but at this price for Mortons, it's likely Canadian anyways. And oftimes at the Asian seafood restaurant, they'll have the holding tanks so you can pick out your own live lobster to guarantee you're not getting a dead one.


I am not actually serious.

The fishermen in Maine are getting only $1.50/lb for their lobster catch.

l.25 lb to 1.5 lb lobsters have the sweetest/best meat.

I'd rather have two one-pounders than a two-pounder.

joedaddy123 said:   Anything over 1.8lbs tasted kinda "funny".

Had the 5lb $79 summer lobster special (for 2) at The Palm a couple of weeks ago...tasted anything but funny.
Claws were the size of a softball, ridiculous... and they removed all the meat from the shell table side.

So instead of two 2 lb. lobsters for $60, you paid $80 for one 5 lb lobster. Did the deal come a la carte?

peepsiemom said:   So instead of two 2 lb. lobsters for $60, you paid $80 for one 5 lb lobster. Did the deal come a la carte?

Never said Morton's wasn't a good deal..(however I think the Morton deal is ala carte so you will be way over $80 with 2 ala carte salads and sides).. I was just responding to the fact that larger lobsters were not as tasty. The Palm deal came with salads and 2 shared sides.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014