• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
i got an email telling me my order was delayed.  it just now showed up on my front door. 

linrick said:   my order for 2 has been delayed and probably will be cancelled. 

We do not have a ship date for the above item(s) at this time. If you would like to wait for the item(s) to ship, there is no need to contact us and we will continue the processing and shipping procedure as soon as possible. Please note your credit card will not be charged for the item(s) until the order is shipped.

To cancel your order, please contact the Customer Service 1.877.GNC.4700 (1.877.462.4700 ) and we will gladly issue a full refund.

30-Day Policy
If the item(s) above do not ship by 2013-09-20, it/they will automatically be cancelled. Your credit card will not be charged and/or your money will be refunded.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Best Regards,

Customer Service

I received the same email two days ago.  My order arrived today.  Not much of a delay

What is the shelf life of this stuff?

PhattyPatty said:   Garden Greens is not organic.
Although it is not in glass, Vitacost offers organic coconut oil at 31.5 cents / ounce.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1292672/

Actually if you order 2 (currently $19.99 each) from Vitacost and check out with Set & Save and enter promo code BEVITA6 ($5 off) with free shipping it comes out to less than 29 cents an ounce.

You can cancel the Set & Save anytime after your order ships.

informantguy said:   
PhattyPatty said:   Garden Greens is not organic.
Although it is not in glass, Vitacost offers organic coconut oil at 31.5 cents / ounce.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1292672/

Actually if you order 2 (currently $19.99 each) from Vitacost and check out with Set & Save and enter promo code BEVITA6 ($5 off) with free shipping it comes out to less than 29 cents an ounce.

You can cancel the Set & Save anytime after your order ships.

Tempting, but that's a lot of coconut oil!!! I'm a relatively new user and haven't started using it for cooking (yet). Seems like this could last me a really long time though, and I read that coconut oil will go bad eventually. Hmm.... decisions. BTW: it comes out to about .27/oz going through Vitacost and no sales tax shipped to CA. I'm pretty sure I'd be taxed buying this at Costco.

Weird, for the GNC one, I still see this: "Cyber Steal - $9.99 Details"

But when I add to cart, it automatically assumes the $12 Tuesday deal instead. Is the $9.99 deal over or something?

jplee3 said:   Weird, for the GNC one, I still see this: "Cyber Steal - $9.99 Details"

But when I add to cart, it automatically assumes the $12 Tuesday deal instead. Is the $9.99 deal over or something?

still working.  add to 1 your cart and you'll see $9.99.  enter ABCART and get $2.25 off for total of $7.74 and check out with Shoprunner for free shipping. 

Can someone confirm if this is organic?

SuperMan13 said:   Can someone confirm if this is organic?

absolutely not, and it has 200% gluten for all those who think that matters too

MeIsCheap said:   

and where did you get this info?
it said 100% organic right on the front label.

linrick said:   
MeIsCheap said:   

the statement is total sarcasm, which i know doesn't come through so well in print. there is no way something could be 200% gluten. i also added the gluten statement because both are way over-hyped in the food world, and often go hand in hand.

I don't know how it can be PURE EXTRA VIRGIN when it is tasteless and odorless. I might have preferred raw untreated product so I ordered some another brand for ingesting capsules. The coconut smell would likely make me nostalgic for the old days growing up on Laguna and Newport beach with the smell of coconut butter in the air. Currently using this brand for hair and skin treatment but need to research more on the how-to.
[L=http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Coconut-Oil-on-Your-Hair-and-Skin said: If]http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Coconut-Oil-on-Your-Hair-and-Skin]If[/L] you do decide to eat it as well as slather it on, be sure to only consume virgin, cold-pressed organic coconut oil. Be careful to avoid oil that has been treated chemically or hydrogenated.

ugh, I have to learn how to use the new forum design. 

MeIsCheap said:   
linrick said:   
MeIsCheap said:   

the statement is total sarcasm, which i know doesn't come through so well in print. there is no way something could be 200% gluten. i also added the gluten statement because both are way over-hyped in the food world, and often go hand in hand.

it may be over-hyped but please do not claim anything when you don't have facts to back it up.  i use coconut oil for everything for quite a while and buy them when they're on sale like this one.  as far as coconut oil being organic or not, it's not that important to me especially coconut or any fruits/vegetables that you have to peel to eat.   but especially coconuts.  they have two layers, husks and a hard shell that you have to break before getting to the meat to eat. 

and since you mentioned over-hyped, the term "organic" is well over-hyped so they can overly priced the products because it say so on the label.

Thanks OP. Got one for $7.74 with the coupon. Also used ShopDiscover for an additional 15% CB. Not sure how use of the coupon will affect that though.

Monkey Biz..I am learning too. i ordered from vita cost (virgin organic) but I just figured it was refined nope it had a great coconut aroma I was very pleased. If I want super refined I will just go to WalMart and get louAna for 6 bucks...I want as least refined as possible the Vitacost is cloudy and it settles so I shake it before I use it! awesome!

linrick said:   
it may be over-hyped but please do not claim anything when you don't have facts to back it up.  i use coconut oil for everything for quite a while and buy them when they're on sale like this one.  as far as coconut oil being organic or not, it's not that important to me especially coconut or any fruits/vegetables that you have to peel to eat.   but especially coconuts.  they have two layers, husks and a hard shell that you have to break before getting to the meat to eat. 

and since you mentioned over-hyped, the term "organic" is well over-hyped so they can overly priced the products because it say so on the label.

I generally agree with you in that organic matters less for some unprocessed produce that is thick skinned and the skin is not eaten/discarded. However, you are not buying raw/whole coconuts in this instance, and often how produce and other foods are processed can introduce non-organic chemicals (e.g., maple syrup) and can not be labeled organic solely because of what they do with it once "harvested."

Anyone else get a shipment delayed email?

leprechanmonkie said:   I've been eating pretty good the last few months I've eliminated most processed foods and gotten myself pretty lean and feeling great.  Similar to paleo etc but I'm not being too strict.   After seeing the deal I ordered 10 of them, should be here today.  If anything it looks like a good supplement to take.  I lift weights nearly everyday and my diet is pretty high in fat; but these good fats are thermogenic and do not turn into fat in your body easily.  I got to reading about all of the things the oil is good for; and it does really look like quite the super food.  After getting to reading the dental benfits and things such as cavity reversal; I've got some things to try to improve my dental health now too.  

1001 uses for coconut oil /

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/hwnl_9-4.htm  

"Dental cavity reversal is complete nonsense." NOT TRUE.  prevention?  debatable;  but not reversal of an existing hole in your tooth caused by bacterial acid demineralizing the enamel.

Anyone else get theirs yet? Mine was delivered last week but the entire thing leaked and it was an empty bottle. So I had them send out another one and I got it today. It was oily on the outside and appears to have slightly leaked - the outside was oily and I saw a few oil stains on the inside of the box. But probably 99% of the oil is still inside. I'm wondering if I should still complain about it... you'd think they'd get it right the second time. I guess they kinda did, but I'd rather receive something that didn't leak anything out. Ugh..

Fallout said:   Swanson Vitamins has Certified 100% Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 54 oz for $19.99.  Certified Organic by QAI, San Diego, CA 92122

http://http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-organic-certified-organic-extra-virgin-coconut-oil-54-oz-1-53-kilograms-solid-oil  

Fixed link...i hope.

Question - why does the GNC "Garden Greens" organic coconut oil say that it's "Tasteless and Odorless", while the above "Certified Organic" Coconut Oil by Swanson states that it has the "flavor and aroma of fresh coconuts" ... ??   How do they remove the taste and smell from the Garden Greens one?  And more importantly - why would they do that?

StueyG said:   http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/coconut7.php

Got it, thanks .. so this Garden Greens one really doesn't seem like one should buy it - especially if it's been refined, bleached, and deodorized.  Not sure how one can say that is organic?

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/expeller-pressed_coconut_oil.h...      <--- this would explain about the organic labeling. The process discussed on that page does not sound  too bad, just not as good as cold pressed. And not sure what process they used for the Garden Greens. I ordered a bunch of it before I realized it was odor and flavorless - and not too sure what I think about it.

Honestly I am a bit confused about this stuff - it claims to be "Organic Extra Virgin" and yet it is flavorless and odorless and the only way to do that would be to refine it and therefore it should not be able to claim "Virgin".

Update - Just sent an e-mail to GNC questioning them about this brand - how it can be both "Extra virgin" and yet "Tasteless and odorless" at the same time as it is seemingly impossible to be both. Virgin means "unprocessed" and to remove flavor and taste requires some sort of processing. Will post an update later. 

jplee3 said:   Anyone else get theirs yet? Mine was delivered last week but the entire thing leaked and it was an empty bottle. So I had them send out another one and I got it today. It was oily on the outside and appears to have slightly leaked - the outside was oily and I saw a few oil stains on the inside of the box. But probably 99% of the oil is still inside. I'm wondering if I should still complain about it... you'd think they'd get it right the second time. I guess they kinda did, but I'd rather receive something that didn't leak anything out. Ugh..
  I got mine a couple of weeks ago and one container was a little oily on the outside.  Not enough that it stained the box or I felt like much was missing. The second container was fine, though.  

StueyG - I'd be interested to hear the answer when they reply - thanks. 

BTW, I've been cooking with this and it's working out great. I've even been using it in baking - made some corn bread last night and used the coconut oil instead of the usual vegetable oil the recipe calls for and it was the best cornbread I have ever made.  Next time I'm going to try to find some that is less refined, but this deal was a nice introduction for me.

Llilith said:   
jplee3 said:   Anyone else get theirs yet? Mine was delivered last week but the entire thing leaked and it was an empty bottle. So I had them send out another one and I got it today. It was oily on the outside and appears to have slightly leaked - the outside was oily and I saw a few oil stains on the inside of the box. But probably 99% of the oil is still inside. I'm wondering if I should still complain about it... you'd think they'd get it right the second time. I guess they kinda did, but I'd rather receive something that didn't leak anything out. Ugh..
  I got mine a couple of weeks ago and one container was a little oily on the outside.  Not enough that it stained the box or I felt like much was missing. The second container was fine, though.  

StueyG - I'd be interested to hear the answer when they reply - thanks. 

BTW, I've been cooking with this and it's working out great. I've even been using it in baking - made some corn bread last night and used the coconut oil instead of the usual vegetable oil the recipe calls for and it was the best cornbread I have ever made.  Next time I'm going to try to find some that is less refined, but this deal was a nice introduction for me.

Agreed, regardless of the process used I've been enjoying mine so far.  FYI, cook popcorn in it and use some as a topping, beats movie theatre popcorn hands down!

Yes!  We did that the other day and it was very good  I think that's what the theaters used to use back in the day.

StueyG said:   http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/articles/coconut7.php
according to this article, my garden greens organic pure extra virgin coconut oils from GNC are mild coconut aroma and flavor.   will buy more if they go to this price again once i'm out.  delicious!

I got some as well and it has no taste or smell. Smells no different to me than vegetable oil and doesn't really taste. I have ordered other well known coconut oils and they smell and taste like really good fresh coconuts. Like someone just opened one and made it. Really good stuff. The stuff I got from GNC is nothing like that. It really should not say "No smell or taste" and "Pure Virgin" - as I said those do not go together.

I contacted GNC and they would not give any further info - just said I should ask the company themselves and they are not responsible for products besides their own. I have e-mailed Windmill Vitamins    (the company that makes it) and will let you know. From what I have read online this is not that amazing of a price if it is really refined. And depending on how it is refined it really can be no better than a cheap oil you get anywhere. Refining means high heat, and possibly bleaching/chemicals- which either makes it worse or just not beneficial. I don't see the point of paying for it if it isn't better for you. Like someone said above - I'd just got to Wal-Mart and get Lou-Ann.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014