• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
www.hertz.com

$14.99 Economy/Compact Car

ASK FOR RQ: VSTPTE

PC code 191531 for an extra $5 off a day.

Pay Now and Save on a Hertz Weekend Special!
At the Airport or in Your Neighborhood

Drive away with a great Weekend Deal from Hertz. Pay Now to enjoy a great rate of $14.99 per day on an economy car when you pick up from Thursday through Sunday. Weekend Special includes unlimited mileage.

This offer is available at participating Corporate Locations in the U.S., excluding Hyannis, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard and HI.

Check out our great rates on other car classes too!

Member Summary

HERTZ.COM $14.99 Economy/Compact Car
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Need cars in Vegas and Hawaii mid-next year and this doesn't work in either. Maybe trying to book too far out?

cnccnc (Aug. 28, 2013 @ 12:01p) |

thanks a lot...got a CDP and RQ to work together ;mid size car for 29.94 incl all taxes for weekend Fri-Mon in SF bay ar... (more)

girishpuri (Sep. 09, 2013 @ 3:44p) |

Worked last weekend in DC - $30 total ai for 3 days.

This weekend I got a res with it for Salt Lake City for 4 days- Fri... (more)

tomdc (Sep. 11, 2013 @ 9:48p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TY OP

BTW, for blue AMEX users (Blue Savings Program): use CDP 1789081 for extra discount.
I got it for labor day weekend (3 days) - total charge using RQ/PC/CDP: $46.82

Economy, ECAR
Kia Rio or similar

2 weekend days at 14.99 USD
29.98 USD

Airport concession fee recovery
1.05 USD

Included

Unlimited Free Miles Included

Vehicle Subtotal
21.03 USD

Taxes
2.33 USD

UPON BOOKING YOUR CREDIT CARD WILL BE CHARGED
19.98 USD
APPROXIMATE AMOUNT TO BE PAID AT TIME OF RENT
3.38 USD
Total Approximate Charge
23.36 USD

What is up with Hertz doing the "ENERGY" Surcharge thing? It's approximately 4% of the charge. That's shade.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Saved $50 over Alamo.

Last time I did something like this they canceled my reservation. Let's hope this one goes thru.

Nit working in Orange County

Make sure to also check the pay later code
XCT1

I kept checking Miami and Fort Lauderdale and none were available. But when I used the pay later code (19.99) some became available. $5 more but better than the $85 for the next available car. Also it looks like every time I chose a different dropoff location the price went back up to $100.
And at least for my location a compact to intermediate upgrade was $1-2 more. It didn't seem to apply the extra $5 off code online. But that is much better than the $100 on day rentals I was looking at.

Update: The terms and conditions say. "Vehicle must be returned to original rental location." Terms and Conditions

nnvan said:   Last time I did something like this they canceled my reservation. Let's hope this one goes thru.

Was it Hertz or Avis? I had to do a search on my email to see who it was that cancelled my reservation because I could not recall. It was Avis --

"At Avis, our goal is to provide a stress-free rental experience whenever you need a rental car. Upon review of your recent reservation, 295945*****, it has come to our attention that the discount code you have entered is invalid, and so your reservation has been tentatively cancelled. If you have a valid coupon certificate, we are ready to restore your reservation. Please note, you must present your valid coupon certificate at time of rental. Prepaid reservations will be refunded in full and no cancellation charges will be assessed."

- E

Hertz has a much more lenient policy than Avis. I am a frequent renter and I think it would be unlikely to have this one cancelled.

How far out can you make a reservation, does anyone know? Let's say for sometime in December.

sami31 said:   Nit working in Orange County

You might want to check your dates. I was able to get Orange County (John Wayne Airport) 9/6 - 9/9, Compact car (one class above economy) for $49 all in.

Thanks OP! You made me save $20+ for a personal rental next week!

Was able to work fine in PITT. The non-prepaid rate that someone else posted was $20 a day, so to save $5 a day to prepay and lock in, I'm not sure if it was worth it. But a good deal if you know for sure you need a rental car.

Works in SFO and LAX. Great deal. Thanks OP

Thanks OP. Using these 2 codes & AAA membership I saved money for a Kauai hertz rental in October ($19/day instead of $15, but still saving money). Thanks for sharing

Not valid for January (LAX, FWIW)

I can only get the RQ code to work. I called and web supportsaid that the PC code will not work for the pre pay and to get the RQ discount you have to prepay. Has anyone gotten the two to work together? Thanks

Too bad this doesn't work in Canada

I guess it doesn't work in new york? LGA or JFK?

Need cars in Vegas and Hawaii mid-next year and this doesn't work in either. Maybe trying to book too far out?

thanks a lot...got a CDP and RQ to work together ;mid size car for 29.94 incl all taxes for weekend Fri-Mon in SF bay area.

Worked last weekend in DC - $30 total ai for 3 days.

This weekend I got a res with it for Salt Lake City for 4 days- Friday thru Tuesday and it gave the same rate for all 4 days, even Tuesday ! (If I go to 5 days it reverts to $260 week).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014