• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Shoponkyo has an additional 20% refurbished models
Valid from 8/16 - 8/23
Code is BTSS

I think if you sign up for their free club membership you get an additional 10 bucks off.

Member Summary

Onkyo products
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got a refurb from them around Xmas time. The only reason I knew it was a refurb was the box it came in. It looked brand new and has been working flawlessly since then.

They had a big recall about a year ago...mostly receivers...I think these are the ones they got back.

Just checked....
The receivers that were affected in the recall are the following: HT-S3405, TX-8030, TX-8050, TX-8225, TX-NR1009, TX-NR5009, TX-NR609, TX-NR709, TX-NR809 and TX-SR309.

There are NO recalled items currently being sold on shoponkyo.

And FYI... their refurbished warranty is 1 year.... better than most refurb products.

Have a refurb Home Theater in a box, model hts3400, for several months and it looks brand new and has been performing flawlessly. Very good sound for the money. Netflix will show movies in dolby 5.1 w a Roku and it sounds great.. My son was in another room during Saving Private Ryan and thought there was thunder outside. They did include the speaker cables even though the description says otherwise. Register for club onkyo and get more money off. Also, register your Onkyo products and get even more money off.

Bookerttt said:   Have a refurb Home Theater in a box, model hts3400, for several months and it looks brand new and has been performing flawlessly. Very good sound for the money. Netflix will show movies in dolby 5.1 w a Roku and it sounds great.. My son was in another room during Saving Private Ryan and thought there was thunder outside. They did include the speaker cables even though the description says otherwise. Register for club onkyo and get more money off. Also, register your Onkyo products and get even more money off.
I'm very tempted to get the HTS3500. $279 - 20% would be $223.20. That sounds sick for a full system! Ahh!!!

What would be the CON of this system? I don't need insanely loud sound, but I do appreciate my current Denon system at home in the living room, of similar specs. I just refinished my basement and was thinking of dropping in surround sound in there. I do smack myself on the forehead for not running the speaker wiring before the walls were closed up.

g0dMAn said:   Bookerttt said:   Have a refurb Home Theater in a box, model hts3400, for several months and it looks brand new and has been performing flawlessly. Very good sound for the money. Netflix will show movies in dolby 5.1 w a Roku and it sounds great.. My son was in another room during Saving Private Ryan and thought there was thunder outside. They did include the speaker cables even though the description says otherwise. Register for club onkyo and get more money off. Also, register your Onkyo products and get even more money off.
I'm very tempted to get the HTS3500. $279 - 20% would be $223.20. That sounds sick for a full system! Ahh!!!

What would be the CON of this system? I don't need insanely loud sound, but I do appreciate my current Denon system at home in the living room, of similar specs. I just refinished my basement and was thinking of dropping in surround sound in there. I do smack myself on the forehead for not running the speaker wiring before the walls were closed up.

I hear you
I have done the same mistake of not getting the speaker wiring.

I am tempted too.. Would love to hear from others who own this model.

Thanks

i bought the HTS3500 around xmas. great setup. the only con i would say is no subwoofer output. but the included non-powered sub does pretty well

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014