• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Brother 2280DW Laser - Printer $80
2280DW
Staples has this Laser Printer on Sale for 99.99 minus the 20% coupon from the following thread makes it $80. This has good reviews but need to find some cheap ink options.
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1292382/

Member Summary

Brother 2280DW Laser - Printer
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice deal, but you're going to have trouble finding any kind of ink for a laser printer, let alone cheap ink.

Nice deal, but you're going to have trouble finding any kind of ink for a laser printer, let alone cheap ink.

SelfGovern said:   Nice deal, but you're going to have trouble finding any kind of ink for a laser printer, let alone cheap ink.Rosewill RTCG-TN450V2 Replacement for Brother TN450 Black Toner Cartridge (OEM) - $12.99 AR (or less) for 2 + Free Shipping @ Newegg.com

mathfaster said:   SelfGovern said:   Nice deal, but you're going to have trouble finding any kind of ink for a laser printer, let alone cheap ink.Rosewill RTCG-TN450V2 Replacement for Brother TN450 Black Toner Cartridge (OEM) - $12.99 AR (or less) for 2 + Free Shipping @ Newegg.com

Some bad reviews of Rosewill toner. Linkyo or Merax toner may be better choices???

uthorns1976 said:   mathfaster said:   SelfGovern said:   Nice deal, but you're going to have trouble finding any kind of ink for a laser printer, let alone cheap ink.Rosewill RTCG-TN450V2 Replacement for Brother TN450 Black Toner Cartridge (OEM) - $12.99 AR (or less) for 2 + Free Shipping @ Newegg.com

Some bad reviews of Rosewill toner. Linkyo or Merax toner may be better choices???
I've seen those mentioned. I don't own the printer just wanted to correct the post that there is no cheap ink because it is a laser printer. Meritline as well supposedly.

You're leaving out the multi-function. Print, copy and scan. Wireless to boot. $80 sounds pretty good.

May be even cheaper if you are allowed to use other coupon such as 10/40 tech...ymmv though on using multiples.
veckle said:   You're leaving out the multi-function. Print, copy and scan. Wireless to boot. $80 sounds pretty good.

I bought one a while ago, I think I paid a little less than $80, but it was a really incredibly good deal. $80 for this is still a very good deal.

The toner for these printers is dirt cheap (about a 1 cent/page) and the printer does a great job. If you are looking for a basic multifunction machine and can deal without any fancy feed mechanisms for the scanner and lack of a FAX mode, this is the deal to get --- period.

I always believe this product and getting good benefit from it. Thank you .

2280 Delta Watt laser ... oh my


oh its a printer ... NM

Nice

SelfGovern said:   Nice deal, but you're going to have trouble finding any kind of ink for a laser printer, let alone cheap ink.Say it again. We didn't catch it the first 2 times.

I have this printer and love it. Easy to set up. Wireless is great. Can't believe I stuck with inkjet for so many years.

IMO

An inkjet CAN cost less to use than a laser.

I have 2 of these and the only thing wrong with it is the lack of a sheet fed scanner. That single Page Copier like scanner is sorta cumbersome.

forbin4040 said:   I have 2 of these and the only thing wrong with it is the lack of a sheet fed scanner. That single Page Copier like scanner is sorta cumbersome.
† Can you guess why?
I can..

cattlet said:   
SelfGovern said:   Nice deal, but you're going to have trouble finding any kind of ink for a laser printer, let alone cheap ink.
Say it again. We didn't catch it the first 2 times.

† My apologies on the duplicate post -- I only pressed submit once, but it looks like my phone didn't take the hint.

However -- some people did not seem to get that you can't use ink in a laser printer, which is what I was pointing out. †
So maybe I should have said it again?

Or perhaps I should have said instead that use of cheap ink will void the warranty?

I have this printer and use this† toner.

SelfGovern said:   
cattlet said:   
SelfGovern said:   Nice deal, but you're going to have trouble finding any kind of ink for a laser printer, let alone cheap ink.
Say it again. We didn't catch it the first 2 times.

† My apologies on the duplicate post -- I only pressed submit once, but it looks like my phone didn't take the hint.

However -- some people did not seem to get that you can't use ink in a laser printer, which is what I was pointing out. †
So maybe I should have said it again?

Or perhaps I should have said instead that use of cheap ink will void the warranty?

††
Yeah, you are correct, you use toner, not ink in a laser printer. †As others have pointed out, a toner cartridge can be had for $12-15, at a cost of between .5 and 1 cent per page -- and unlike an Inkjet, the ink won't dry up, and the inkjets won't clog. †I print infrequently, and have always had nothing but problems with inkjets -- especially if left sitting for a while, whereas this printer has worked consistently perfect, no matter what, image quality is sharper too -- and its wireless. †Once its setup, you just put it wherever, and print and scan and don't worry about it. †Also, unlike many inkjets, this thing doesn't have a "page counter" and will not simply refuse to print until you replace the cartridge. †

I bought this, explicitly because I was sick of dealing with the hassles of inkjets, and have found this to be cheap, fast, and reliable compared to every inkjet I've ever owned.††

Bought a Brother MFC7860DW refurb for $60 (AC and ASER) at Staples today. My first Brother printer. Appreciate it if anyone knows where to get cheap toner for my printer.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014