rated:

Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Think Like Option Trader
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
those MMs in the CBOE pits are laughing their asses off routinely, I suspect anyway. At least we don't smell like 2nd ha... (more)

hakujin (Aug. 21, 2013 @ 4:09p) |

Nice find. Thank you!

mikeg1 (Aug. 21, 2013 @ 6:52p) |

Nice find. Thank you!

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Member Summary

Think Like Option Trader
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
those MMs in the CBOE pits are laughing their asses off routinely, I suspect anyway. At least we don't smell like 2nd ha... (more)

hakujin (Aug. 21, 2013 @ 4:09p) |

Nice find. Thank you!

Nice find. Thank you!

• Also categorized in:

Thank you!

Thank you!

thx. this any good?

thx. this any good?

maybe, but it's expensive.

maybe, but it's expensive.

Thanks

Thanks

Yeah! Like the options traders who lost the shirts on their backs and now give advice to other suckers

Yeah! Like the options traders who lost the shirts on their backs and now give advice to other suckers

i always wondered how they THINK?

i always wondered how they THINK?

it's free.

DealRaider said:   maybe, but it's expensive.

it's free.

daczilla said:   Yeah! Like the options traders who lost the shirts on their backs and now give advice to other suckers
† There are more to options than unlimited loss trades. Try checking out covered calls and puts. Ie, if you're interested in buying/selling a stock, why not make a bit of money while you wait for the price to approach what you would have bought/sold it at anyway?

daczilla said:   Yeah! Like the options traders who lost the shirts on their backs and now give advice to other suckers
† There are more to options than unlimited loss trades. Try checking out covered calls and puts. Ie, if you're interested in buying/selling a stock, why not make a bit of money while you wait for the price to approach what you would have bought/sold it at anyway?

† could you be any more ambigious and vague? I started traded options last last year largely stay away from common stock; what's the point of putting forth more coin on a growth stock when you can say... go conseratively deep ITM (i.e. with very little premium) and yield profit parity with a much smaller investment?

stocks are great if you rely on dividends and don't watch your invesments that much. if you even 'kinda' keep track of things, long dated options are a better investment strategy, esp when you get into vertical spreads.

ieven if you own common, hedging your long term position with puts protects your profits, and selling puts allows you a cheaper price on the stock w/ the primary con being, you may someday own the stock. †

People lose their shirts every day, in bull and bear markets. I'm not immune but your statement is meaningless in the context of this deal.

† could you be any more ambigious and vague? I started traded options last last year largely stay away from common stock; what's the point of putting forth more coin on a growth stock when you can say... go conseratively deep ITM (i.e. with very little premium) and yield profit parity with a much smaller investment?

stocks are great if you rely on dividends and don't watch your invesments that much. if you even 'kinda' keep track of things, long dated options are a better investment strategy, esp when you get into vertical spreads.

ieven if you own common, hedging your long term position with puts protects your profits, and selling puts allows you a cheaper price on the stock w/ the primary con being, you may someday own the stock. †

People lose their shirts every day, in bull and bear markets. I'm not immune but your statement is meaningless in the context of this deal.

btw, link is down op

btw, link is down op

Thanks and Green!
Link Worked fine for me.. I just bought it.

Thanks and Green!
Link Worked fine for me.. I just bought it.

it's back up, amzn book link was down (on amzn's end) when i posted

it's back up, amzn book link was down (on amzn's end) when i posted

Worked for me. Just bought it. Thanks OP.

Worked for me. Just bought it. Thanks OP.

Thanks OP. †I got it. †Hopefully I learn something from it.

Thanks OP. †I got it. †Hopefully I learn something from it.

Good find.

Good find.

Good find.† Thanks OP!

P.S. Think like an option trader, lose like a retail investor?

Good find.† Thanks OP!

P.S. Think like an option trader, lose like a retail investor?

bestdealseaker said:   it's free.

† till you don't follow the advice given in book and lose money in options

bestdealseaker said:   it's free.

† till you don't follow the advice given in book and lose money in options

Options are probably the quickest way to go broke in the rigged markets of the USA.

Options are probably the quickest way to go broke in the rigged markets of the USA.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014