• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
DirtCheapDad said:   I wish T-Mobile would get their service together, but I guess when you don't invest much in your infrastructure you can offer these super cheap plans. Unfortunately where I am (in a well developed area of SF Bay Area) T-Mobile absolutely stinks. Visiting family member had sporadic service at best for the week he was here, and friends who live in the area loathe T-Mobile except for the price. Unlimited everything is worthless if you can never use it!
† It stands to reason, all services are not giing ti work as well in all locations,
My Net10 and US celllular work great all over town but not in the WM store fresh meat area.

wiru said:   not sure if anyone is in my similar shoes.† i have a grand fathered in edge in my account. however, i have been getting 3G in some areas now (unlimited).† i wonder once 500mb is reached, how slow do they throttle you? back to edge? tia.
††
What kind? †Tzones? If it is, you're golden. †Get a non T-Mobile branded 4G LTE phone and you have unlimited LTE.

Just out of curiosity, why do they call it "unlimited everything" when it's clearly not?

unnamedny said:   Just out of curiosity, why do they call it "unlimited everything" when it's clearly not?
† It is unlimited everything, even bandwidth, just after 500 MBs you get throttled, so its not unlimited high speed, just unlimited "data", alas....

DirtCheapDad said:   I wish T-Mobile would get their service together, but I guess when you don't invest much in your infrastructure you can offer these super cheap plans. Unfortunately where I am (in a well developed area of SF Bay Area) T-Mobile absolutely stinks. Visiting family member had sporadic service at best for the week he was here, and friends who live in the area loathe T-Mobile except for the price. Unlimited everything is worthless if you can never use it!
††
Have you tried them more recently? A few years ago, yes, their coverage was totally terrible. I switched to them last year, and I have -0- regrets. Great coverage all-over the south bay. I haven't had a single dropped call yet, and I can get 4G almost everywhere outdoors, and 90% of the time indoors. I had Verizon and my wife had Sprint. T-moble coverage is just as good as those two in the south bay. My parents' AT&T, on the other hand, is not as good.

I don't think this is a hot deal, just the latest plans that T-mo created a few months back. (No contract and no phone subsidy)
Also, you can get discounts with T-mo through many ways such as with your company or school email.
The 10% discount you can get it without having to sign up for AAA.
http://studentrate.com/wireless/wireless.aspx

(I think this is one of the lowest discounts. I get 12# off through one of those organizations I joined when I was in college)

IBM has 16% corporate discount

Is it $100 exact? NO tax? NO high 911 fees? NO this and that government fees? No special education contribution fees? NO this NO that?†

$100 exact would be great. If not, they will make you pay alot of this and that fees later and they can raise those fees whenever they want after you sign the contract. I would rather pay $5 more with redpocket to avoid all fees.

BenH said:   Can someone comment on how T-Mobile does the billing for cell phones?

I need to upgrade, but if I go with Verizon, or some other company that will subsidize my phone, then the cost of my phone is basically a hidden charge in the overall plan. As such, I can "expense" the hardware along with the plan costs.

I cannot however expense a new phone, so if T-Mobile makes me buy one - or blatantly shows the cost of the phone as a separate monthly fee, I will have to pay for all the phones out of pocket.

Can someone with T-Mobile service paying monthly for a phone comment?

††
In my bill summary on T-Mobile, the monthly installment on the phone is listed under "Other Charges" as "Equipement Installments" "In-store purch. pmt xx of 20". The PDF printout of the bill has "Other Charges" in the bill summary, but does not list "Equipement Installments" or "In-store purch. pmt xx of 20". I haven't looked at my mail bill in a while, so I don't recall what's listed there besides Other Charges.

Yeah, these are the regular plans that have been out since T-Mobile started their no contract system. Up to 5 lines (50+30+10+10+10)+taxes/fees. So you get the best deal if you have 5 people and someone that gets the max 15% employer discount. If you want unlimited high speed data for all 5 lines add $20 a line for an extra $100 total. So for 5 lines with truly unlimited everything it is 210/5=$42 per line +taxes/fees. With the max 15% discount it is $35.70/line +taxes and fees.

Must look into this!

Tmob is refarming for AT&T devices. I use an MVNO and have gotten over 10MPBS on a 21MBPS hardware device. A DC-HSPA 42 MBPS phone would have been in LTE territory for less battery usage. I got over 10 on an AT&T device.

It will get better. Houston for example is around 60% done on the refarm.

This is an amazing deal. For my self and 3 relatives, we could save $1000 per year moving from Straight Talk $45/plan. $500 is more than enough if you're just surfing and e-mail. Nokia has nokia Xpress app on their windows phone (+symbian) that compresses data (50-85%) when you surf. I think they developed this software for folks in 3rd world countries where data is prohibitively expensive. They ported it to Windows and it's pretty useful. Great, great app.

I think you may be accessing thru some special promotion link....could you please send me the link? † I don't even see 2GB, all it shows is 2.5GM...

ant1271 said:   Be careful if you are thinking about moving from ATT to tmobile with BYOD plans.. Not all iphones have the frequency which are compatible with 1700 hz frequency. I am stuck with my current iphone 5 from ATT and itching to switch to TMobile because of the plans they have. You will only get 2G data speed with what ever cap limit you choose, until you get other device which are compatible with their frequencies.

Take that iPhone5 into the Apple St.ore, they have been known to swap it to the all new SKU# that has both AT&T and T-Mo.bile frequencies. All new iPhone 5's sold have all the frequencies. You can thank me later.

I have to agree with others here regarding Tmo's servicing area. I am in Central Florida and my coverage here is excellent, I have LTE and HSPA+ and both are blazing fast. I even took one of my "extra" lines that we're not using (5 lines on the Value plan when they had the Back-to-school promo almost a year ago) popped the SIM into an unlocked ATT Samsung Tab and get respectable speeds (>5MB on Speedtest), so I'd think the refarming here is going well.

Now, if we head to the beach on "back roads" coverage is lower, and we'll sometimes even see just Edge. We go to the in-laws house which is on the route to the beach and coverage is non-existent inside the house (keep in mind, they have no HSI - cable, DSL, nothing so we're talking /back woods/). While on vacation over the summer, coverage was very good on I-75 and Atlanta, but once we got to our destination in Kentucky, it was 2G for most of the areas we were at, which actually was pretty nice since I was able to enjoy the vacation and not stress over work emails, etc (voice coverage was fine).† However, I couldn't imagine "having" Tmo service if I lived and worked there.

We are so much happier than we were with Sprint's SERO plans (voice coverage, data speeds- even on WiMax) and we're paying less with Tmo, even with 3 more lines (3 AALs are 500mins/unlimited text/1 with 2GB data).

/edit/ Forgot to mention, make sure you check through your work for Corporate discounts... I have a "Nextjump" corporate discount which I received through corporateperks.com.† The discount offsets most of my taxes - 15%.

Cost is important but Network is more important. I have unlimited data from T-Mobile via prepaid service but their network sucks. You will not get any tower or network when you are in building or garage of your company in zipcode 20190 or in yout townhouse in zipcode 20166. It feels like Paying for nothing.

i have tzone, and i am planning to change t to somthing else. i have unlimited voice and data (by the way is LTE), no text ...paying $56+tax - 14% discount

coolharry said:   Cost is important but Network is more important.

QFT.† I thought this way when I had SERO, but eventually enough was enough to me.† I just happened to find a plan that was cheaper in the process.† If you're unhappy with your cellphone coverage, you need to fix it.† It takes you from being pissed off all the time (missed calls, texts, everything going to VM) to your phone being a useful tool.

coolharry: Have you tried Tmo's wifi calling?† I agree that you shouldn't "have to" to get your phone to work but it's something to think about.† I think most of their Android phones have it (I know GS3 & Note2) and WinMo (Nokia 521).† If you're using an iphone, I'm not sure though...

This is nothing but a REPOST of†http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1291316/
So, if I add government taxes to this, should I make a new post too?

ant1271 said:   Be careful if you are thinking about moving from ATT to tmobile with BYOD plans.. Not all iphones have the frequency which are compatible with 1700 hz frequency. I am stuck with my current iphone 5 from ATT and itching to switch to TMobile because of the plans they have. You will only get 2G data speed with what ever cap limit you choose, until you get other device which are compatible with their frequencies.

T-Mobile had been offering HSPA Data on 1.9 GHz for a while now in major markets with more being added. That should allow your apple product to work at 4g speeds.

How do I get AAA discount , is it online or have to goto store ?

concerned about the quality of service as reported below it does not look promising....T Mobile maybe offering a family plan to win customers but can their network support the flood of new customers coming in

I had the Value Plan and a month or two ago switched to an equivalent-priced plan and updated the plans on my other lines to match.
The only thing I lost was the "free" Value Plan Add-a-Lines (500 minutes), which are now $10 but unlimited minutes, but my AAL that was previously $25 is now only $10.

And the data is now included for all lines, even if only the first 500 MB is at 4G.

It's a great deal, and it's so unlike Sprint, which was a constant nickel-and-dime war with hours on the phone each time another "billing issue" came up or a discount unexpectedly disappeared. And not worrying about overages on anything (unlike Sprint, then) is "priceless".

I guess I'll stick with my elcheapo page plus plan.

SteelRing said:   how is tmob service coverage compared to ATT.... whats the point if it's cheaper with no service and dropped calls
† It's region and usage-specific so may be good for some, but bad for others.

Does anyone know any cheap prepaid with tmobile?

Great price but their coverage is sub par where i live. I live in San Diego and they dont have reception at my home, parents home, inlaws home, and work.

dotnetnoob said:   Does anyone know any cheap prepaid with tmobile?
††WalMart plan. 100 mins, unlimited text and data (up to 5Ggigs).

i'm paying $100 on 2 lines with ATT for unlimited everything except 1GB shared data. with Tmob it'll be $80 instead but it's $20 more I'd gladly pay if tmob service sucks even a bit. caveat though i'm not getting LTE with ATT since it's on the dumbphone data plan so i can get it cheap.

I think there's also $50 Cash Back if you sign up for TMobile service using the link provided by FW.

The TMobile for 4 lines for 100 is cheaper without the phones but if you add the phones in is it still cheaper? Sprint said that there service is cheaper with the phones added.

simply2easy said:   The TMobile for 4 lines for 100 is cheaper without the phones but if you add the phones in is it still cheaper? Sprint said that there service is cheaper with the phones added.
† I don't know what Sprint service costs, nor do I know how much their phones are - if you know, do the math - I thought I heard on the radio in the past couple days that the GS4 could be had for ZERO down and $25/month for 24 months (so $600 per phone and depending on the number of lines - i believe you can have up to 5 lines per account) and if you did, that would be about $22/month plus taxes per line per month so....about $50 per month for a new GS4 on Tmo - how much is Sprint????
and yes, we all know it is not an apples to apples comparison because Sprint has "true unlimited everything" as they advertise!

vijujoshi said:   How do I get AAA discount , is it online or have to goto store ?
††
For CA AAA, you can do it online at AAA's website for a 10% monthly discount, along with a $50 credit for up to 2 lines set up with 2GB data.†

I am assuming it may be the same for other regions.†

Check this for details:† http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1291316/m17927754/#m17927754

Veterans get a 15% discount!!!

Currently on Sprint SERO and want to chuck my phone at a wall (being cheap keeps me from doing it.

Can anyone share their experience with T-Mobile in the Central NJ area (specifically Edison - 08820). I know I can check the map and it says everything is good, but so does Sprint and it is not. Some personal experience would be great.

Also, What is teh cheapest 1 month T-Mobile plan I could get just to check the service.

charliek said:   
vijujoshi said:   How do I get AAA discount , is it online or have to goto store ?
††
For CA AAA, you can do it online at AAA's website for a 10% monthly discount, along with a $50 credit for up to 2 lines set up with 2GB data.†

I am assuming it may be the same for other regions. † † †

Thanks for info.

Check this for details:† http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1291316/m17927754/#m17927754

††

mushman said:   Currently on Sprint SERO and want to chuck my phone at a wall (being cheap keeps me from doing it.

Can anyone share their experience with T-Mobile in the Central NJ area (specifically Edison - 08820). I know I can check the map and it says everything is good, but so does Sprint and it is not. Some personal experience would be great.

Also, What is teh cheapest 1 month T-Mobile plan I could get just to check the service.
In Woodbridge, in-building data sucks, but voice is fine.

I had T-Mobile from 2003 to 2010 and moved to PP. When the new plans were announced, I moved back to T-Mobile with my family so got 4 lines for $100. After taxes it came to about $124. The coverage sucked. I never had problems with them till 2010 and this time the coverage was a mess with all 4 phones, We had high end phones so it was not the phone and the area is Chicago (not even some remote place) and suburbs. My Nexus would get stuck on a tower in Schaumburg when I am 20 miles and had to have T reset it. Data would die. My wife would lose signal everywhere on her HTC One S. My other family members lost signal in buildings and the kicker was there was no service at my house. I was like lets use the Wifi calling feature, and that was even worse. I got rid of T as fast as possible and moved back to PP.

† Thanks for the note,† I would have expected good service in most major cities.†† I use T-Mobile prepaid, and Lycamobile (T-Mobile repackager).† Both work excellent in Lexington, KY.† I get in the hills of West Virginia*, or anywhere else questionable, you can count on my phone having no service (Sometimes can't even dial 911), while AT&T or Sprint have no issues at all.† Of course post-Paid could have slightly better service due to tower agreements.

*As if I needed one more reason not to live in West Virginia (..Sorry mom)††††† ...† (I.e.† I am from West Virginia.)

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014