• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My wife and I were on prepaid but teamed up with her sis and brother in law and went for the $100 deal.
BIL had AAA which got us another 10% discount. After taxes etc, the monthly bill is $110.42 for 4 lines, $27.60 per line for unlimited everything.

For more details, here is the link    

Note:Because we were on Tmobile prepaid before, for some reason, they charged us $12 each to provision new sim cards.
This is not a repost because I added details such as provisioning costs for sim cards, AAA discount and and accurate total monthly bill.

T-Mobile
See T-Mobile discounts that earn Up to $37.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Really timely.  Sprint is charging me $210 for four lines and insists it's giving me a great deal.

StevenColorado (Oct. 04, 2013 @ 5:07p) |

I been on this plan for 2 months now. 4 lines(2 with 2.5GB data) & a Tablet with 2.5GB = $150 less 15% corp discount + t... (more)

mrpickem (Oct. 12, 2013 @ 4:50p) |

15% discount ? how ! Never mind your corp , nice

vijujoshi (Oct. 12, 2013 @ 5:44p) |

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1291316/

USE THE LINK IN THIS THREAD to sign up if you work for a major corporation or government to get your discount from the get go. The OP link will not get you a corporate discount.

500 MB of high-speed data per line

$180 for unlimited data on each phone. $100 give you just 0.5 GB of data at 4G.

unlimited total usage @ limited speeds

its like going to a buffet but limiting how fast you can refill

zamotrance said:   $180 for unlimited data on each phone. $100 give you just 0.5 GB of data at 4G.
  I believe it is unlimited and then the data speed falls drastically. (no longer 4G after 500 mb).
I was on Tmobile $50 per person plan prepaid before this so there is no difference for me at all except for the cost savings.

Nothing new.

Can u apply the AAA discount after you already have the plan? Or is it only valid for new lines

CheaperGear said:   Nothing new.
Correct, for 3 lines you'd pay $90 ($50 + $30 + $10).

stuffedwallet said:   500 MB of high-speed data per line

This is the most accurate way of saying it.  High-speed = 3G and 4G, which means HSPA, HSPA+, LTE.  That means after 500MB you're getting slow, slow Edge only.

I think the $10 2GB data option is a great deal because:

1. It's actually 2.5GB of data
2. You can use the entirety of it for hotspot, whereas with the $20 unlimited option you only get 500MB of hotspot

are there taxes on this?

jw530 said:   are there taxes on this?Yes. It's post paid.. not prepaid.

Don't you have to pay extra for hotspot?  At least it's not enabled by default for iOS....?

stuffedwallet said:   500 MB of high-speed data per line
  Is this pooled or enforced per line?

This is not a repost because I added details such as provisioning costs for sim cards, AAA discount and and accurate total monthly bill.
  Um, if there is another post already discussing the 4 lines for $100 then your "new" information should have been added to the quick summary of that post.

Today morning only I was chatting with my friend. We have 4 lines with ATT, all with 200MB plan still pay $170 per month, with no texting and 700 total minutes.
You clarified about tax so that helps, I'll have to check T-Mobile network at home, if its's good, I'll switch to T-Mobile.
Thanks!!

I'm on this plan, its good because everything is separate, minutes, txt msgs, web usage. So you can split the costs with family, coworkers, colleagues, students, co-pilots and fellow patients and significantly reduce your cost on a per-person basis.

Thanks for telling showing us the deal the first time?

abscess said:   I think the $10 2GB data option is a great deal because:

2. You can use the entirety of it for hotspot, whereas with the $20 unlimited option you only get 500MB of hotspot

Tmobile told me that that $10/mo for 2GB data plan is no longer available.  I have one of the old Value Plans and it had 4 lines with 2GB/per month for each line for $10 each.  I cancalled a couple of those data plans and then a couple of months later, I added one back in.  This was early this month.  They told me that the $10/ month plan was no longer available and I had to add a $20/month plan that included 4GB.

Maybe the $10 data is still available with some of the other plans, but they wouldn't let me get it.

Great...but don't forget to add the cost of your cell phone to the plan... Thought that was great too until I saw the "Down Payment" and monthly payments for the phone.

Wizzerdo said:   Great...but don't forget to add the cost of your cell phone to the plan... Thought that was great too until I saw the "Down Payment" and monthly payments for the phone.
  We are all using our own existing GSM unlocked phones, so no new added cost.

wasben said:   
abscess said:   I think the $10 2GB data option is a great deal because:

Tmobile told me that that $10/mo for 2GB data plan is no longer available.  I have one of the old Value Plans and it had 4 lines with 2GB/per month for each line for $10 each.  I cancalled a couple of those data plans and then a couple of months later, I added one back in.  This was early this month.  They told me that the $10/ month plan was no longer available and I had to add a $20/month plan that included 4GB.

Maybe the $10 data is still available with some of the other plans, but they wouldn't let me get it.

Yeah it must be specific to the new no-contract family plan.  I've got the "Simple Choice Plan" with 4 lines, it still lets me select 2.5GB as an option for $10 for one of the lines that doesn't have it (see attached).

Be careful if you are thinking about moving from ATT to tmobile with BYOD plans.. Not all iphones have the frequency which are compatible with 1700 hz frequency. I am stuck with my current iphone 5 from ATT and itching to switch to TMobile because of the plans they have. You will only get 2G data speed with what ever cap limit you choose, until you get other device which are compatible with their frequencies.

I switched over today from my old 1,000 minute plan for 5 lines with unlimited texting, and 1 data plan of 200 MB for $135/month.

Now each of my family member gets unlimted voice and text plus 500 MB of data they never had before for $110 per month plus tax.

My kids will be so happy with this as they do have a smart phone, which I bought it used on eBay, but no data plan.

I highly recommend it.

how is tmob service coverage compared to ATT.... whats the point if it's cheaper with no service and dropped calls

This is very interesting. My wife and our family don't use much data, so this plan may fit us very well. It goes up to 5 lines for $110 @ 500MB per line. If we use Wifi at work and home, I don't see any problem with this. Thanks for the post!

Is anyone else having problems with the site?

Yea these plans are a few months old but they are a way better deal than other carriers, if you have good tmobile coverage in your area.

SteelRing said:   how is tmob service coverage compared to ATT.... whats the point if it's cheaper with no service and dropped calls

Depends on your area, here T-Mobile coverage is really good.

Can someone comment on how T-Mobile does the billing for cell phones?

I need to upgrade, but if I go with Verizon, or some other company that will subsidize my phone, then the cost of my phone is basically a hidden charge in the overall plan. As such, I can "expense" the hardware along with the plan costs.

I cannot however expense a new phone, so if T-Mobile makes me buy one - or blatantly shows the cost of the phone as a separate monthly fee, I will have to pay for all the phones out of pocket.

Can someone with T-Mobile service paying monthly for a phone comment?

Check around as I found a 15% off via beneplace
Be sure that the discount is applied to all your bills, they are very poor at providing what they promise.
I have been very unhappy as I had to file a BBB complaint to get them to respond.
I am still fighting to receive my discount even though I signed up using their special website for beneplace.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1291316/

USE THE LINK IN THIS THREAD to sign up if you work for a major corporation or government to get your discount from the get go. The OP link will not get you a corporate discount.

inhoso69 said:   I switched over today from my old 1,000 minute plan for 5 lines with unlimited texting, and 1 data plan of 200 MB for $135/month.

Now each of my family member gets unlimted voice and text plus 500 MB of data they never had before for $110 per month plus tax.

My kids will be so happy with this as they do have a smart phone, which I bought it used on eBay, but no data plan.

I highly recommend it.

Make sure you or your kids don't decide to check out speedtest to see what kind of speeds they are getting.  Make sure no one streams anything or your 500mb will be gone in a few days.   

thanks

SteelRing said:   how is tmob service coverage compared to ATT.... whats the point if it's cheaper with no service and dropped calls
It depends on where you are. In several places in my city (and in some places at work), I get no signal at all, while the people with any other carrier (Spring, Tmobile, StraightTalk, etc) all have normal cell reception. It's pretty annoying.

Yes, for YOU

ant1271 said:   Be careful if you are thinking about moving from ATT to tmobile with BYOD plans.. Not all iphones have the frequency which are compatible with 1700 hz frequency. I am stuck with my current iphone 5 from ATT and itching to switch to TMobile because of the plans they have. You will only get 2G data speed with what ever cap limit you choose, until you get other device which are compatible with their frequencies.
I can say that I have an iPhone that was unlocked by ATT after recently filing complaint about new charges.  Switched over to T-Mobile yesterday and get 4G speeds and LTE as well.. Though, admittedly, in my area that isnt all that fast (About 9 down, 2 up).  

not sure if anyone is in my similar shoes.  i have a grand fathered in edge in my account. however, i have been getting 3G in some areas now (unlimited).  i wonder once 500mb is reached, how slow do they throttle you? back to edge? tia.

I wish T-Mobile would get their service together, but I guess when you don't invest much in your infrastructure you can offer these super cheap plans. Unfortunately where I am (in a well developed area of SF Bay Area) T-Mobile absolutely stinks. Visiting family member had sporadic service at best for the week he was here, and friends who live in the area loathe T-Mobile except for the price. Unlimited everything is worthless if you can never use it!

Skipping 83 Messages...
15% discount ? how ! Never mind your corp , nice

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014