rated:
Hi guys I am new here and found a great stuff from Amazon:
Free 30 Day Trial Of Amazon Prime + Free $10 Amazon.Com Gift Card   
Hope this helps.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Circumstantial evidence, at best. Not proof!

Or to phrase it differently in a better way, "you win!".

aarzi (Aug. 26, 2013 @ 12:45a) |

You can get $10 gift cards of Amazon from a trusted online auction websites...its very difficult to find such kind of we... (more)

rickyfowler (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 7:22a) |

For anyone still thinking about switching to Amazon instant video I have had both prime video and Netflix and by and lar... (more)

illustratedman (Sep. 11, 2013 @ 10:51a) |

• Also categorized in:

Terms and Conditions
• This offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) August 25, 2013. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Must be eligible for a Free Trial and purchase an annual Prime membership to receive the $10 Amazon Gift Card.
• Limit one gift card per customer and customer account.
• This offer may not be combined with other offers.
If you cancel your Prime membership, the gift card value will be subtracted from any return credit, Gift Card or refund you receive.
• If you violate any of the Terms & Conditions, the promotion will be invalid.
• Void where prohibited.
• Offer good while supplies last.

Read the fine print. "If you purchase an annual membership, you'll receive a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card."

In other words if you pay for one year of Prime which costs about $80 last time I checked you'll get your $10 gift card.

Good for someone who is considering purchasing Prime, though $70 is still not worth it to me. Thanks for posting OP.

ever since they started the "Add-on" item farce, I see little value.

We are really enjoying streaming unlimited Amazon video to our Roku 2 XS from Amazon Prime Instant Video. Very cost effective compared to our former Direct TV service. Free 2-day shipping is just a bonus.

can anyone who has had both copare Amazon's video service to Netflix?  I pay for Netflix every month and really never use it except for a few tv series.  I may use it a bit more in the winter but I am thinking of dropping it and doing the prime thing for the video and get the shipping as an added bonus.

dumroo said:   ever since they started the "Add-on" item farce, I see little value.

Exactly, it's like "you know the $25 minimum you paid to get rid of with your prime membership? We brought it back to prime members with the addon program!"

Abso-freaking-lutely hate it.

Seriously? The add on item thing is holding you back? Amazon still beats prices for so many of the items that I need to buy just to live. When you add the ease of shopping on Amazon.com and the gas and time saving, Amazon Prime is a no brainer.

bestdealseaker said:   Seriously? The add on item thing is holding you back? Amazon still beats prices for so many of the items that I need to buy just to live. When you add the ease of shopping on Amazon.com and the gas and time saving, Amazon Prime is a no brainer.
Really ??? On which items that you absolutely need to live that Amazon beats the price of the local B&M shops ? Unless something is on a deep discount (loaas-leader) special, Amazon's prices plain suc on basic, shelf stable grocery items, likes of pasta, rice, canned goods etc. On any given day, I can find anything (basic necessities we're talking here) you can show me on Amazon, I can find the same stuff in one of my local grocery stores at a cheaper price. You are either an Amazon shill or living in uptown NYC.

dumroo said:   ever since they started the "Add-on" item farce, I see little value.
  This and the sales tax they started charging in Arizona since January 1st has throttled my Ama zon buying to a trickle.

bestdealseaker said:   Seriously? The add on item thing is holding you back? Amazon still beats prices for so many of the items that I need to buy just to live. When you add the ease of shopping on Amazon.com and the gas and time saving, Amazon Prime is a no brainer.
  I agree with this. Though I also agree that the "add-on item" thing stinks, I do see the value in the $79 annual subscription. That's less than a tank of gas for many. Time is money and the time and gas saved for a frequent shopper (not even considering convenience, which always costs) it really is a no-brainer.

Yes, because its so worth it to Amazon to mail you an $.89 cent chapstick by 2 day mail.

I still find great value in prime..

TheNomad said:   bestdealseaker said:   Seriously? The add on item thing is holding you back? Amazon still beats prices for so many of the items that I need to buy just to live. When you add the ease of shopping on Amazon.com and the gas and time saving, Amazon Prime is a no brainer.
Really ??? On which items that you absolutely need to live that Amazon beats the price of the local B&M shops ? Unless something is on a deep discount (loaas-leader) special, Amazon's prices plain suc on basic, shelf stable grocery items, likes of pasta, rice, canned goods etc. On any given day, I can find anything (basic necessities we're talking here) you can show me on Amazon, I can find the same stuff in one of my local grocery stores at a cheaper price. You are either an Amazon shill or living in uptown NYC.

I totally disagree with you.. Maybe you live in a cheap town, but i don't, and Amazon beats our prices 9.9 out of 10 times.. And i don't have to spend $3 in gas to go to the store. I don't shop grocery though, just general merchandise.

dafish said:   
 This and the sales tax they started charging in Arizona since January 1st has throttled my Ama zon buying to a trickle.

I believe the State of Arizona is responsible for that tax you're now paying.  And, you were always responsible to pay the tax before... Arizona has a "sales AND use" tax, which means if you buy it for consumption, it gets taxed.  The fact that Amazon wasn't collecting it for the state, didn't mean you didn't owe it... but, because few people pay their use tax directly, the state decided to press Amazon to do it for them.

ZombieHunter said:   
TheNomad said:   

I totally disagree with you.. Maybe you live in a cheap town, but i don't, and Amazon beats our prices 9.9 out of 10 times.. And i don't have to spend $3 in gas to go to the store. I don't shop grocery though, just general merchandise.

Yup, and when they are actually competitive, I use them. I am not saying they are not a good source - they are, but prime is a different story. Everytime I have to get a "add-on" item (and I do many a time), I have to figure out how to get over 25 bucks. Now we are quarelling if prime is worth the 2 day ship vs. 5-7 day ship.

ZombieHunter said:   

Yes, because its so worth it to Amazon to mail you an $.89 cent chapstick by 2 day mail.

I still find great value in prime..

not everyone buying a single or lower priced item is trying to be a douche about it though....

Amazon Prime is NOT the deal it once was.That being said...........If I order a $3 item from Staples,they ship it!......................Freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TheNomad said:   bestdealseaker said:   Seriously? The add on item thing is holding you back? Amazon still beats prices for so many of the items that I need to buy just to live. When you add the ease of shopping on Amazon.com and the gas and time saving, Amazon Prime is a no brainer.

cnvrtble98 said:   can anyone who has had both copare Amazon's video service to Netflix?  I pay for Netflix every month and really never use it except for a few tv series.  I may use it a bit more in the winter but I am thinking of dropping it and doing the prime thing for the video and get the shipping as an added bonus.
   Compare in what regards. I had both services at once and saw that they mostly have the same exact selection.

biglittle said:   
cnvrtble98 said:   can anyone who has had both copare Amazon's video service to Netflix?  I pay for Netflix every month and really never use it except for a few tv series.  I may use it a bit more in the winter but I am thinking of dropping it and doing the prime thing for the video and get the shipping as an added bonus.
   Compare in what regards. I had both services at once and saw that they mostly have the same exact selection.

That was sorta what I was wondering.  Streaming quality I am assuming would be the same.

labboypro said:   
dafish said:   

I believe the State of Arizona is responsible for that tax you're now paying.  And, you were always responsible to pay the tax before... Arizona has a "sales AND use" tax, which means if you buy it for consumption, it gets taxed.  The fact that Amazon wasn't collecting it for the state, didn't mean you didn't owe it... but, because few people pay their use tax directly, the state decided to press Amazon to do it for them.

I am sure dafish is already aware of what you said. He did not ask for a lecture. He simply stated that now that Ama zon is doing the collecting for him, his buying from them has been throttled. It is not nice of you, and quite insulting, to assume that he was not paying the taxes he is responsible for.

At FW, we try to foster an environment of friendliness and respect. Please try to make sure you don't overstep those bounds.

aarzi said:   
labboypro said:   
dafish said:   

I am sure dafish is already aware of what you said. He did not ask for a lecture. He simply stated that now that Ama zon is doing the collecting for him, his buying from them has been throttled. It is not nice of you, and quite insulting, to assume that he was not paying the taxes he is responsible for.

At FW, we try to foster an environment of friendliness and respect. Please try to make sure you don't overstep those bounds.

Obviously he hasn't.  If he had then the collection of the tax wouldn't throttle his purchases from them since he was being the great citizen of Arizona and sending them their use tax money.  I've seen a lot of posts blaming Amazon for them having to pay taxes.

As have I. And while I agree that a majority will not pay those taxes on their own, I also believe in giving the benefit of the doubt. I do not automatically believe that dafish is guilty, let alone it being "obvious". Innocent until proven guilty is not just a cliche or a catchphrase. It is something uniquely American, and I am a strong believer in it.

He said the taxes kept him from buying from them.. As I stated, if he was paying them then Amazon collecting them should not keep him from buying. Heck, he should be glad since now he doesn't have the paperwork to fill out and send in to the state.

Circumstantial evidence, at best. Not proof!

Or to phrase it differently in a better way, "you win!".

You can get $10 gift cards of Amazon from a trusted online auction websites...its very difficult to find such kind of websites but you can do some research on website

For anyone still thinking about switching to Amazon instant video I have had both prime video and Netflix and by and large they seem to have an identical catalog of streaming content. Unless you really dig it is hard to tell the two apart. Think about what you pay annually for Netflix and compare to ~$80 plus free 2 day shipping. Anyone looking to become part of my prime family? I have spots open.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014