• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Well it's back.

Good ol stay twice and get 1 free night.  Just came from vacation where I was able to use 2 free nights from promo in spring 2013.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=MB13

Find strength in numbers: Earn up to two free nights with MegaBonus

Boost your earning power with MegaBonus as you experience the benefits that come with 14 distinctive brands, 3,700+ hotels and a program now celebrating 30 years of rewarding opportunities.To earn your free nights:

• Register by November 15, 2013
  • Stay between September 15, 2013 and January 15, 2014
  • Earn a free night at a category 1-5 hotel, up to two free nights, for every second paid stay

Member Summary

Loo
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I'm up there as well. I love the Marriott. Some people are saying the rates are cheaper if you make your reservation dir... (more)

forzaINTER (Oct. 04, 2013 @ 11:37p) |

I hit somewhere in the 250 range one year. That included 96 straight nights in one hotel. I'm so glad I don't have to do... (more)

SecondGunman (Oct. 04, 2013 @ 11:51p) |

For those wondering how to efficiently redeem Marriott points (different from redeeming these certs), look into the Trav... (more)

mooper (Oct. 29, 2013 @ 1:49a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

dunno if thats your email address showing in the sign-in page for the links you provided but you might want to edit it out.

Thanks OP! I was booking six nights anyway, so I'll take the two free ones!

Gotta book 2 rooms on same night in Oct. Will this qualify me for the free night?

bluestraw said:   Gotta book 2 rooms on same night in Oct. Will this qualify me for the free night?
  Not sure, but I know when redeeming Marriott free nights I've been told you can only book 1 room per night per account.  Based on logic, 2 rooms should count as 1 stay, but who knows.

bluestraw said:   Gotta book 2 rooms on same night in Oct. Will this qualify me for the free night?

All - check out the fine print on what constitutes as "stay". 

"A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity."

You cannot check-out and check-in into same property..Anything that has <2 days in between, is still counted as 1 stay. 

So this is what I did:   Stay in Resindence Inn 1 night and checkout, and stay at nearby Fairfiled or Marriott 1 nights and checkout.  I made mistake of staying at Residence Inn
for 4 nights straight in spring 2012 thinking I'll get 2 free nights thinking 2 nights = 1 free night but I was wrong. In other words 2 stay means 2 different check-in and check-out.

the Wifes account shows eligible, mine does not.

we will give it a day and then check again.

great find op

Wads said:   the Wifes account shows eligible, mine does not.

we will give it a day and then check again.

great find op

I didn't realize this promotional was directed to some Marriott reward members.  I got the email from them today.

of course I'm staying at a marriot over labor day weekend......

jd2010 said:   

Not sure, but I know when redeeming Marriott free nights I've been told you can only book 1 room per night per account.  Based on logic, 2 rooms should count as 1 stay, but who knows.

2 rooms would still count 1 stay.  If you have a spouse, I highly recommend that they open an account and start really taking advantage of the Marriott Megabonus.

If you need 2 rooms for one night:
Husband books 1 room
Wife books 1 room
That way you're both halfway to a free night.

If you're doing a 4 day stay at a hotel:
Day1:  Husband books room
Day 2:  Wife books room
Day 3:  Husband books room
Day 4:  Wife books room

Now, instead of one of you getting halfway to a free night, you both get a free night at a Category 1-5 hotel!

When you go to check in (or check out the first time) just tell the front desk that you have separate reservations and would like to stay in the same room.  Most of the time they'll work with you.

BPH789 said:    
I didn't realize this promotional was directed to some Marriott reward members.  I got the email from them today.

A lot of Marriott promos are that way. And they are sometimes different rewards for different members. For example, under the same name one member might be "get one bonus free night with n nights" and another might get 25,000 bonus points for the same number of nights.

I have heard cases, though, where someone has asked to move from one reward type to the other, and been successful, but I've never tried it.

Thanks OP.

Great deal, it works at the Ritz @ Batchelor Gulch during the holidays, thank you OP because this saved me $999.

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Stay 1 night on way to visit family and one night on the way back. Thanks!!

polishdreamer said:   Great deal, it works at the Ritz @ Batchelor Gulch during the holidays, thank you OP because this saved me $999.

The Ritz is a Category 5?

No way the megabonus cert is good at any Ritz Carlton,esp that one.

TexDoc said:   No way the megabonus cert is good at any Ritz Carlton,esp that one.

Well the past promotion was for up to Category 5 and I was surprised how many Marriott affiliated hotels were Category 5 and above in Aug.

Also was pretty slim picking for free night, like other hotel programs - plenty on weekend but no space during weekday.

jameswes said:   
jd2010 said:   

2 rooms would still count 1 stay.  If you have a spouse, I highly recommend that they open an account and start really taking advantage of the Marriott Megabonus.

Husband books 1 room
Wife books 1 room

Now, instead of one of you getting halfway to a free night, you both get a free night at a Category 1-5 hotel!

When you go to check in (or check out the first time) just tell the front desk that you have separate reservations and would like to stay in the same room.  Most of the time they'll work with you.

Even nicer if you sign up for marriots reward credit card as you get 1 night free upon signup plus 50k points good for stays.(usually 20k pts per night)

http://boardingarea.com/loyaltytraveler/2013/08/12/marriott-megabonus-sep-15jan-15-2014/#sthash.vppDj9QY.dpbs 

Determine which promo the best for you. I like the points one after 25 nights since i stay a lot in hotels. Points do not expire. The certificate expires in 1 year.

If you are gold or platinum you can call them to change promos manually to make it better for you.

BPH789 said:   
TexDoc said:   No way the megabonus cert is good at any Ritz Carlton,esp that one.

Well the past promotion was for up to Category 5 and I was surprised how many Marriott affiliated hotels were Category 5 and above in Aug.

Also was pretty slim picking for free night, like other hotel programs - plenty on weekend but no space during weekday.

Unless there was a more recent promo, but the stay 2 get 1 promo last year was for up to a Cat 4 property (89J 2012 Fall Promo Free Ngt cat 1-4 was what i received)
Also, these certs are not good at ritz properties.
Marriott properites are category 1-9. The Certs are for category 1-5.
Ritz properties are TIER 1-5. since the certs are for "category" 1-5 hotels, they do not apply to any "tier" 1-5 hotels.

jameswes said:   
jd2010 said:   

Husband books 1 room
Wife books 1 room

Need to have at least a 2-day gap between stays at the same property, otherwise it gets counted as one. The above scenario will not work. What will work is:

Day 1; Spouse 1 books room.
Days 2 & 3: Spouse 2 books room.
Day 4: Spouse 1 books room.

Spouse 1 will be all set. Souse 2 will still need another stay.

1 day gap has always worked for me. Last promotion period I stayed 4 consecutive nights going back and forth between two hotels and got 2 certs.

Good deal, thanks Willard and Marriott. And OP.

skinnypeet said:   1 day gap has always worked for me. Last promotion period I stayed 4 consecutive nights going back and forth between two hotels and got 2 certs.

BPH789 said:   

All - check out the fine print on what constitutes as "stay". 

"A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity."

You cannot check-out and check-in into same property..Anything that has <2 days in between, is still counted as 1 stay. 

So this is what I did:   Stay in Resindence Inn 1 night and checkout, and stay at nearby Fairfiled or Marriott 1 nights and checkout.  I made mistake of staying at Residence Inn
for 4 nights straight in spring 2012 thinking I'll get 2 free nights thinking 2 nights = 1 free night but I was wrong. In other words 2 stay means 2 different check-in and check-out.

my login still showed that I am not eligible for this promotion, a quick call to the rewards desk and I was registered.

I don't stay here as much as Hilton, but their regular service is better than Hilton's diamond desk

wads

OP thanks, I just signed up

thedbn said:   OP thanks, I just signed up
  me too thanks op

I am only getting the 50K points offer. Still, can I use gift cards for the stays? Couldn't find anything about gift cards in the T&C

Thanks OP.

Just stayed at Marriott at Sable Oaks golf course in South Portland Maine.  That Marriott and the Holiday Inn next door seem to almost always be at 100% capacity in the summer.  There's plenty of room up there.  Someone should build a third hotel.

177 nights this year and counting

coolbreeze said:   177 nights this year and counting

I'm up there as well. I love the Marriott. Some people are saying the rates are cheaper if you make your reservation direct through their site.
http://hrblogs.typepad.com/savvyshoppertoday/2013/09/whats-your-favorite-travel-site.html

coolbreeze said:   177 nights this year and counting

I hit somewhere in the 250 range one year. That included 96 straight nights in one hotel. I'm so glad I don't have to do that anymore.

For those wondering how to efficiently redeem Marriott points (different from redeeming these certs), look into the Travel Packages. For example, 270K Marriott Rewards Points (MRPs) can be redeemed for 7 nights at a Category 5 property plus 120K airline miles (choose from United, American, USAirways, Delta, others). If your property is charging $200/night and you utilize airline miles optimally so they replace 2 cents per mile in spending, you can easily average 1.5+ cents per MRP in value. Even better, airlines sometimes offer transfer/conversion bonuses (United has a 20% bonus now, and they and other airlines have offered 50% to 75% in recent times). If you time and stack a Travel Package redemption with one of these bonus offers, you can really cash in. I maintain this thread  on Flyertalk that covers this and many other tricks to maximize your MRP value.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014