• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Vacation Getaway Destinations Coupons | Discounts | Astoria, 11102
Disclaimer
http://www.saveology.crowdsavings.com/national/21037-vacation-ge...

The required hoops are spelled out in Fine Print. If fulfilled, it looks like $59 out of pocket (after $10 processing) for 2 nites and a "$50 dinner". I'd assume regular hotel taxes are also payable (the amount better be investigated in advance). I think the biggest catch is you probably have to be very flexible with your dates.

Also, it looks like this purchase may earn what amounts to 10% Fatwallet Cash

Member Summary

saveology
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks mods for the clarified title. $49 is in no way "almost free".

So it's actually $60 then?

Our Trend Micro Security Suite blocks all access to anything to with "vgdestinations"; so I don't have much of a warm and fuzzy about this deal.

jaimelobo said:   
Our Trend Micro Security Suite blocks all access to anything to with "vgdestinations"; so I don't have much of a warm and fuzzy about this deal.

It's just another junk deal...so you're not missing much.

Yes, I think this Saveology deal is kinda warmish, not hot. Main problem is that it requires liberal time availability. Two hotel nights and a dinner is nothing epic - so it's only good for those who really want it. I surely didn't post it in Hot Deals - but someone may go for it. It would be good to hear if it was easy to fulfill, and what the taxes in fact were. But I expect no major negative surprises if executed properly

So as usual, you want someone else to research the deal for you.

Not for me. I don't like the aspect of distant limited-day reservation. But it's sure cheaper than most other hotel+dinner arrangements, so someone may score well for their project

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   So as usual, you want someone else to research the deal for you.
As usual.

Not a deal when the poster tries to get others to research the "deal" for him.

As with other "deals" posted by SP, this is a documented scam confirmed by a simple Google search.

Not tried anything here, just posted a link to the cheapest 2 nights+dinner in the US. Personally, not interested in two nights hotel plus dinner, I don't think it's a biggy... But for many forum readers, half off a single latte is a Hot Deal. So be it. Not for me, but it doesn't mean someone won't use it

So is it Saveology who sells a scam?

For one day, today August 29, Saveology offers 20% off by using code EXTRA20 !

So now $39. And less $5 Fat Cash, that's $34! Of course, there is $10 processing of your reservation date, so the total will be $44 (opposed to effective $59 in OP).

So in summary: $44 for "$50 dinner" and 2 nights ( at what appears to be 3-4 star hotel, depending on which of the 40 cities you choose ) . Sounds "almost free" hotel to me

Too bad 20% off code was valid yesterday only, because today Saveology posted this slew of deals:
http://www.saveology.crowdsavings.com/national/all/18-travel-lod...

Some of them are outrageous, and no timeshare tours are required as far as I can see with any Saveology offer

If anyone interested, saveology has a deal for secret santa present for $27 bucks. If you use this code REFER-CTGGP , you can get 10% off. This code might work with other deals too. Happy shopping!

Here the link
http://www.saveology.crowdsavings.com/national/26204-secret-sant...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014