• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

gopro
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Available to ship: 1-2 months, need luck to have short time ship.... But for me still worth to buy

raud0uXT (Sep. 30, 2013 @ 11:54a) |

gopro silver plus and black plus models due out tomorrow. Possibly more discounts on these old model coming soon.

seodude (Sep. 30, 2013 @ 12:04p) |

Moviewatcher78 (Sep. 30, 2013 @ 11:14p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FYI...This is violating GoPro MAP(Minimum Advertised Price) so buy it fast.
It will probably be taken down once it hits GoPro corporate radar.

seodude said:   FYI...This is violating GoPro MAP(Minimum Advertised Price) so buy it fast.

wont be long now that it is on FW

Seems like apple don't care much about that... they'll probably pay the fine and keep going.

Go to BestBuy and have them price match though you would have to pay tax. Great price for a great camera. Yes its on the higher end of the price spectrum but its feature rich, especially now with the new firmware upgrade where you can play video back on your android or iphone.

In for one, can't beat the price

B&H's price is $349 for the Hero3 and a 32GB Class 10 SD card. You need to call B&H for this price (ask to price match Apple's offer). $349 is less than I would have paid for the Hero3 alone with sales tax in my state.

Looks like there is 5% Discover CB as well through Shop Discover.

This is a great camera and a great price.  I have had this model since Christmas.  As stated the new firmware update was great with the iphone.

Sorry for the no-brainer, but what is B&H? And is the 32GB Class 10 SD card worth the extra $20? Actually, with the FW CB, it would be an extra $52, right?

seodude said:   FYI...This is violating GoPro MAP(Minimum Advertised Price) so buy it fast.

Or is it because GoPro is going to release the GoPro4 soon?

PixieGal said:   Sorry for the no-brainer, but what is B&H? And is the 32GB Class 10 SD card worth the extra $20? Actually, with the FW CB, it would be an extra $52, right?
  B&H Photo

I own this camera in case you dont know gopro recently upgraded their android (maybe apple too) app. Since they dont have a lcd it was hard to see where you were aiming when mounting the cam. With the new app via wifi you can now preview, play back shot video, adjust all settings and have complete control of your hero3 on your phone screen.

PixieGal said:   Sorry for the no-brainer, but what is B&H? And is the 32GB Class 10 SD card worth the extra $20? Actually, with the FW CB, it would be an extra $52, right?

I think it depends on whether B&H charges sales tax in your state or not and your sales tax rate to determine if the B&H deal is best for you.  $349 is the OTD price for me since B&H does not charge sales tax in my state.  Apple does charge sales tax and at a $329.95 price, the Hero3 would have been $356 OTD with Apple for me.

The 32GB SD card is about $21 on Amazon right now.

DO NOT USE SANDISK!
GoPro FW said: Optimizes compatibility with select microSD cards by reducing data stream rate to 35Mb/sec while recording in 4K, 2.7K and Protune™ modes (HERO3: Black Edition only).

The latest firmware lowers the bitrate for non-supported cards. This looks to universally include all Sandisk cards (Ultra, Extreme, etc). I recently exchanged my black (freezing issues) and while the old one worked just fine with my Sandisk Ultra the new one running any firmware only records for a few seconds and then stops. Even with this latest firmware it does the same behavior - it's effectively useless now!

Thanks for the warning. I will check and see what card I have in there.

I don't know what it is but I want one.

Apple Store: "Available to ship: 1-2 months"

BrianGa said:   I don't know what it is but I want one.
  Same here, but I placed an order this evening, and already pick it up at Apple Store.
Really tiny little camera, and need to study, lol.

If Apple is OOS Woot has it at $360 + $5 shipping here . Hero 4 should be announced in the next month or so. More info .

IS this a good camera for taking stills? My daughter is taking a photography class.

Even with the eventual GP4 product roll out, the inventory is generally low for awhile and the cost will probably increase as well?

Best camera ever.
Took it on some flight training. See here: http://www.alvinbradford.com  

ttjbricker said:   IS this a good camera for taking stills? My daughter is taking a photography class.

This may be overkill for something like that.

This is more of a "do stuff" camera.

By all accounts this seems to be a good buy but should I put that money towards a good SLR camera that does decent Video?

Available to ship: 1-2 months

painter1 said:   By all accounts this seems to be a good buy but should I put that money towards a good SLR camera that does decent Video?
  Depends on what you do.

Do you want to video yourself whitewater rafting?  Get the Go Pro.  Do you want to video birds in the woods or your kids' soccer games?  I'd go the SLR route.

Yes, you really want to use this camera while being active and mounting it to stuff. It's very small and connects to things with different attachments. You can put it inside a waterproof camera and take it in the water easily. It puts out good video quality especially for it's size.

Here is a link to GoPro's website for this product.  Take a look at some of the pictures for potential uses.
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero3-black-edition

It said 1-2 months for me too, but I got a tracking number just now.

Ordered yesterday and did in store pick up today.

Nice!

Apple Store has 2% FWCB today.

I love the GoPro cameras (have a Hero 2), but absolutely hate the barrel distortion. Every video (and to smaller extent photo) you take with these have a fish-eye effect.  It can be fixed in post but I would love a Go Pro with a non fisheye lens.

Amazon is the same price.

Looks like it is $330 at Cabelas now as well. That might help out with no tax in CA, NJ and NY. 2% FWCB
http://www.cabelas.com/product/GoPro-HERO3-Black-Edition-Cameras...  

Here is the link for Amazon as mentioned above.
http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHX-301-HERO3-Black-Edition/dp/B00...

TeamAllen said:   Looks like it is $330 at Cabelas now as well. That might help out with no tax in CA, NJ and NY. 2% FWCB
http://www.cabelas.com/product/GoPro-HERO3-Black-Edition-Cameras...   

Here is the link for Amazon as mentioned above.
http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHX-301-HERO3-Black-Edition/dp/B00...

Thank you!! I LOVE YOU!!

ttjbricker said:   IS this a good camera for taking stills? My daughter is taking a photography class.

You didn't get a good answer to this - no, this is a terrible camera for taking stills. 

The gopro does have a "camera mode" where it can take single images - however it's primary purpose is to be an extreme sports video camera. It is very good st that - but would make a lousy still camera. 

mjbok said:   I love the GoPro cameras (have a Hero 2), but absolutely hate the barrel distortion. Every video (and to smaller extent photo) you take with these have a fish-eye effect.  It can be fixed in post but I would love a Go Pro with a non fisheye lens.

I understand why people hate it - but for a camera this-size, it dramatically increases the odds that what you're aimed towards will wind up in the camera's field-of-view.  Without the fish-eye lens, a slight pivot in any direction could result in you not aiming remotely close to what you intended to focus on.  And like you said, it's pretty easy to do some post-processing to fix it all up.

For anyone buying one of these (I own one) they're incredibly powerful little cameras.  Some people have problems w/ the firmware, but I've never had a problem with mine.  Also, print out a copy of this guide, as it's the best I've found regarding all of the optical settings:

http://abekislevitz.com/understanding-your-new-gopro/

I have a dumb question. My old Kodak, I could plug an external battery pack into the USB and keep it running over 2 hours (kid's little league games). Would that work with this too or do you need to remove the battery to charge it?

Skipping 15 Messages...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014