• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Rocksmith Guitar And Bass: Pc
Disclaimer

Rocksmith Guitar And Bass: Pc
Disclaimer
LINK 

Includes DVD and 1/4 inch to USB cable that turns the guitar's signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognized and played through PCs. Teaches you how to play a real electric guitar (which you supply) with lessons that take your abilities or lack thereof into account

• When we say 'any' guitar we mean any guitar - Rocksmith lets you plug any guitar or bass with a 1/4' output jack into your device.
  • Comprehensive bass support - Bass arrangements have been added to all of Rocksmith's tracks.
  • Difficulty settings adapt to your ability - With dozens of difficulty levels, you'll automatically progress from single notes to complex chords and techniques without ever getting in over your head.
  • Lots of music, Lots of styles - Rocksmith has amassed an amazing library of songs from different music genres.
  • PC version users must have one of the following graphic accelerator boards:ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT / 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 seriesNvidia GeForce 8600 GT / 9 / 200 / 400 / 500 / 600 series

Member Summary

Rocksmith Guitar And Bass for PC
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Same price (or cheaper) from multiple third party sellers (shipped). No where near a "hot deal" at $25 price point.

respdoc said:   Same price (or cheaper) from multiple third party sellers (shipped). No where near a "hot deal" at $25 price point.

It's the same price for the cable alone or for the DVD or download alone. And 3rd party retailers have adjusted prices to within a few cents since I posted. There's absolutely nowhere anywhere on the Internet much less Amazon where you can get this price, shipped for both elsewhere. Period. Put up or shut up.
 Haven't you had an inaccurate enough day as it is, Respdoc? Why don't you go and criticize someone on the Disney Channel forum. You might have a chance of scoring there.

I like this game, I have it in my xbox, green for you.

GreenTrash said:   
It's the same price for the cable alone

I know this is true, because I've had the cable itself in my wishlist for almost a year now. I think the PC version w/ cable has been ~$50 the past year... so this deal is like 50% off. Even if you got the game from a Steam sale for $7 or something, it's still $26+ for the cable. Even used tone cables on eBay sell for like $25 shipped.

I snagged one two weeks ago when Newegg dropped it from $50 down to $25 for one day.

GreenTrash said:   
respdoc said:   Same price (or cheaper) from multiple third party sellers (shipped). No where near a "hot deal" at $25 price point.

It's the same price for the cable alone or for the DVD or download alone. And 3rd party retailers have adjusted prices to within a few cents since I posted. There's absolutely nowhere anywhere on the Internet much less Amazon where you can get this price, shipped for both elsewhere. Period. Put up or shut up.
 Haven't you had an inaccurate enough day as it is, Respdoc? Why don't you go and criticize someone on the Disney Channel forum. You might have a chance of scoring there.

Interested story but as with most of your posts...based nothing in reality. 
The prices (for the complete kit) have been in that same range from the third party sellers for a while now.  No one "adjusted" any prices since you posted. Maybe in the future, if and when you find an actual hot deal...you'll use basic price trending data/websites to support any theory you might dream up.

Any other of your stories you'd like me to disprove ? 

It was on sale at BB for less. In fact, you may be buying from a flipper at this price. I was able to buy two and traded one in for additional discount at that time instead of dealing with the hassle of selling.

Why not.. this has to be more useful long term than pressing 4 buttons on guitar hero. Maybe I can get my kids to play with this, too.

Anyone have this and install it on a basic laptop? I have integrated sound AND graphics on my i5 driven machine and am questioning whether this will work (and how well it might function) with such restricted tech.

Also - price tracking website www.camelcamelcamel.com shows it's only been under $25 (as new from 3rd party sellers) since about August 11th. Price has been rapidly dropping since then but that's probably because there's a RS2 to be released shortly per numerous sites.

PC version review after using the Xbox version for 1+ year

respdoc said:   
GreenTrash said:   

Interested story but as with most of your posts...based nothing in reality. 
The prices (for the complete kit) have been in that same range from the third party sellers for a while now.  No one "adjusted" any prices since you posted. Maybe in the future, if and when you find an actual hot deal...you'll use basic price trending data/websites to support any theory you might dream up.

Any other of your stories you'd like me to disprove ? 

The arguing needs to end now. 

Just a note, Rocksmith 2014 drops in October. This is basically a full rewrite of the engine and UI for the better. But more importantly, you can import all songs from Rocksmith in to RS2014. So its worth picking up for the ability to import 50 more songs in to RS2014. Also, RS2014 retails for 80$ with the cable or 60$ without. So you are basically buying 50 songs for 5 bucks (if you plan on getting RS2014)

Make sure your video card has enough power for this

SteveG

My STALKED badge
Disclaimer
Thank you, Fatwallet, for the STALKED badge which you awarded to me this morning.

Nice, been wondering when this was going to drop.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014