• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

kingsford
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

32 cents a pound is just okay.  Not a price to stock up on.  Wait for the Memorial Day and 4th of July sale for that. Look for under 25 cents per pound for Kingsford.

snoopdogg1 said:   32 cents a pound is just okay.  Not a price to stock up on.  Wait for the Memorial Day and 4th of July sale for that. Look for under 25 cents per pound for Kingsford.

ok advice if you have enough on hand to last you to May 2014 til the next "great" sale.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
snoopdogg1 said:   32 cents a pound is just okay.  Not a price to stock up on.  Wait for the Memorial Day and 4th of July sale for that. Look for under 25 cents per pound for Kingsford.

ok advice if you have enough on hand to last you to May 2014 til the next "great" sale.

That's why I bought almost 400 pounds of Charcoal at the last "great" sale!!  Got it stacked in the corner of my garage.  I understand everyone doesn't store stuff like I do.  The 32 cents is a decent deal for people wanting some charcoal in the short term.  Thanks for posting, MisterCheap.

posters on SD reporting some areas of US showing $9.88 price, strictly regional, and specific zips.

snoopdogg1 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   

That's why I bought almost 400 pounds of Charcoal at the last "great" sale!!  Got it stacked in the corner of my garage.  I understand everyone doesn't store stuff like I do.  The 32 cents is a decent deal for people wanting some charcoal in the short term.  Thanks for posting, MisterCheap.

I agree. I stocked up during the memorial day sale from WalMart at 6.88 for two 15lb bags.

I bought my girlfriend's brother a Weber Smokey Joe a few weeks ago since he's stationed in Okinawa (Army). This will be the last best deal before Memorial day next year. Far better than spending 10 bucks a bag on a normal day. So stock up late bloomers--hoorah!!!!

What is good pricing for lump/hardwood charcoal?

9.88 in Jonesboro AR.

Thanks!

$12.88 is too high a price. Not a fat deal!

HD website has been showing this as $4.88 since yesterday, in store only. Headed there this morning to stock up.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kingsford-Original-Charcoal-Briquets-...

mmmmattd said:   HD website has been showing this as $4.88 since yesterday, in store only. Headed there this morning to stock up.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Kingsford-Original-Charcoal-Briquets-... 

Where?  $12.88 here.

happypants said:   What is good pricing for lump/hardwood charcoal?
I've seen Royal Oak lump charcoal on sale at WalMart for $1.25/kg (8kg bag).  Not all lump charcoal is equal; Some is manufactured from furniture manufacturing and milling operations waste and will include garbage in the bags like plastic or plywood.  Also distribution of size of chunks and amount of dust varies depending on brand you purchase.  Finally, the wood source changes from time to time even with "bad" brands improving their sourcing and contents.

Lump Charcoal Reviews  

Yesterday Academy Sports had the 2pack of 13.9lb Kingsford for 7.88. Also had the 20lb B&B brand lump charcoal for $9.99. Picked up a bag to try. On their website they have a brand of charcoal I've never heard of for $2.99, 16.6lb bag.

Usually WalMart or Lowes does something similar on Memorial Day and Labor Day. 

Does anyone know their prices?

ogg said:   Usually WalMart or Lowes does something similar on Memorial Day and Labor Day. 

Does anyone know their prices?

My local Lowes was also $12.88.

Still working, in for 3 two packs

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014