• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

droid (13.65kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

This phone is really old. I had one and while it is a decent phone there are better options available for $50 now.

GG

gatorglenn said:   This phone is really old. I had one and while it is a decent phone there are better options available for $50 now.

GG

link to one such deal??? so useless when people say "there are better options", but fail to post a single one.

I have regularly seen the original HTC Droid Incredible for around $50. Don't know if there are any currently at that price, but I see them at least every week or two at a similar sale. I've had one for over a year and even though it's a generation newer, it's just barely holding up when used with modern apps. I'd take a look at Swappa, (http://swappa.com/), you can find some good deals on there from honest sellers. A quick glance shows a Droid 2 (next gen of this phone) for a similar price, and there are lots more that are listed weekly.

If you ever use this, you will change your mind in smart phone.  The poor performance due to the lean memory (RAM) make it almost impossible do anything.

Don't waste your money unless you are an antique collector.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
gatorglenn said:   This phone is really old. I had one and while it is a decent phone there are better options available for $50 now.

GG

link to one such deal??? so useless when people say "there are better options", but fail to post a single one.

There may not be many phones if any in the $50 range but I would never recommend this phone.  It is way too old.

The Bionic is $15 more and you 3x the RAM, higher resolution screen, double the cores, 200mhz faster per core, LTE, 2 generations newer OS (has Jelly Bean).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Droid-Bionic-XT-875-Black-Verizon-4G-Android-Smartphone-/190885176231?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item2c71a4a3a7

Here is a cheaper refurb one:

http://www.mobilekarma.com/casearch.aspx?SearchTerm=a855&x=-672&... 

And they regularly have %% off sales (currently 15%) and Cash Back on some portals.

Warning however, I recently tried to buy an A955 refurb from these guys... had two different ones sent out to me and both I was unhappy with and sent back.

Stickers inside both showed they were refurbs, and I don't doubt it - but many companies can do a refurb. So, I'm pretty sure that your luck with them is as good as your luck with any e-bay seller. Unless they are refurbished by Motorola or Verizon directly, it is a crap shoot if you get a good one.

Agreed with some of the others, this thing is pretty much an antique today.

Geez, I remember less than 4 years ago this thing was my first smartphone and I was absolutely blown away by its capabilities. How far we've come! Imagine another four?!

I bought 2 of this new on eBay and both had problems, ad to return.

Klauven said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

GG

There may not be many phones if any in the $50 range but I would never recommend this phone.  It is way too old.

The Bionic is $15 more and you 3x the RAM, higher resolution screen, double the cores, 200mhz faster per core, LTE, 2 generations newer OS (has Jelly Bean).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Droid-Bionic-XT-875-Black-Verizon-4G-Android-Smartphone-/190885176231?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item2c71a4a3a7

Klauven, my hat is off to you.  I almost bought two of these to replace my kids' HTC One Vs with cracked screens.  From what I've read I doubt it would have worked out.  Instead, I bought two of the Bionics you linked to, and I could not be happier.  They're listed as "seller refurbished", which I was a little leery of, since in some cases it means "visually inspected".  These arrived neatly packaged in generic Motorola boxes with generic Motorola manuals, and were both in really nice shape.  About an hour later I had them both rooted and upgraded to official Verizon 4.1 Jelly Bean.  Great phones, run everything I threw at 'em, nice screen, dual cameras.  If they had a GSM version I'd buy one for myself.  Thanks a million!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014