• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

5C 625 lumen
Disclaimer

3C 493 lumen "Thrower"
Disclaimer
They have two options on clearance:
The 5C 625 lumen version or the 3C 493 lumen version. Both have been marked down to $16.98 at my local HD

I looked up the item number on Home Depot's web site and I can't find them, so this deal appears to be in store only.

Member Summary

cree
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Saw these locally in San Diego the other day, got some others a month ago @costco that are also crazy bright, or I would have bought one.

Green for the deal.

+1 for the massive, detail-filled 2400x3200 jpg.

Just picked up one of the 5 cell versions. This is a great light for the money. I'm sure flashlight junkies would laugh, but this is the brightest, longest throwing flashlight I've ever owned. Thanks for posting, Klingsor.

beamshots?

VoR said:   Saw these locally in San Diego the other day, got some others a month ago @costco that are also crazy bright, or I would have bought one.
  The Costco ones are three for around twenty bucks, all metal and waterproof, batteries included, two brightness levels and a bright flashing mode. Don't have the packaging so don't know the brightness numbers, but definitely worth your time to check 'em out.

Same brand as the ones people went crazy over around Christmas time. I had gotten a few to give as gifts and everyone loved them and a few have asked where to get more. Great light for the money!

DarkStar71 said:   Just picked up one of the 5 cell versions. This is a great light for the money. I'm sure flashlight junkies would laugh, but this is the brightest, longest throwing flashlight I've ever owned. Thanks for posting, Klingsor.

The two I have are nothing to laugh about, great lights for the money.  If you need a flashlight only for use as a flashlight (not a strobe light, not a weapon light, not a survival tool) these are great.

If anything we are getting to the point where they are too bright.  If I had to guess these are going on clearance as new models will have multiple settings, which would be a good improvement.  These things are torches.

Did not see the word "CREE" on any of the packages.€►

Speaking of CREE, what makes a CREE a CREE ? ¿¿

YankeeRedneck said:   Did not see the word "CREE" on any of the packages.€►

Speaking of CREE, what makes a CREE a CREE ? ¿¿

Why, Cree makes a Cree a Cree, of course. 

Duracell's
Disclaimer

Small tactical flashlight
Disclaimer

Back of package
Disclaimer
I was in Costco today and saw a couple packages of LED flashlights. The Duracell's seemed ok, 3 for $20 but small and only 250 lumen. The other brand seemed pretty nice, more features but small (hand-sized) and at a paltry 160 lumen, they aren't in the same category as these 625 lumen batons.

Can always use another one. Will pick up one today...if the stores are open!

Out of stock at my store, but a few dozen at neighboring cities. Will try again another day. Thanks, OP!

Found a bunch of the 5 cell ones in Warwick RI. 2 rows of 'em in the tools aisle, and another display near the registers. NONE were marked with the $16.98 price.... but they do ring up correctly at 17 bucks. Awesome light for the money. Didn't see any of the 3 cell types, not saying they aren't there, but I wanted the 5 cell so I stopped looking...

I picked up two more today. I got one of each, the three and five cell. Lots (30 or so) of 5 cells still in stock at the Preston Hwy Louisville KY location. There was one or two left of the three cells left.

Taking them to my basement to have a pre-nighttime try out, the three cell actually has a brighter beam than the five cell. If I had known that, I would have bought three of the 3 cells, instead of two 5 cells and a one 3 cell.

One last tip, at first I thought the three cell was DOA. Turned out, they stuffed the directions into the tube, so the batteries made no contact with the LED connector.

Bought the 5C today. Amazingly bright. I stopped trying it out in the backyard when I realized i could read license plates across 3 acres.

Impressive. I may go back for more.

Struggling to decide between the 3C and 5C. Really don't need one of each. DarkStar71 is making me think the 3C is the way to go... but also like the comment about reading a license plate across 3 acres.

Decisions, decisions!

Klingsor said:   They have two options on clearance:
The 5C 625 lumen version or the 3C 493 lumen version. Both have been marked down to $16.98 at my local HD

I looked up the item number on Home Depot's web site and I can't find them, so this deal appears to be in store only.

5C's are on clearance for $12 at my local HD.  Bought a couple at this price.  Definitely a decent flashlight for $12, and crazy bright.   I noticed that the lens cap wasn't properly seated on both of these and they intermittently blinked.  Took of the lens cap and gave them a shot of air, reseated the cap, now they work great. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014