• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

OD PREPAID
Disclaimer
this is out of the ad from Office Depot running 9/1-9/7. CONFIRMED that Staples carries the SPARQ and the CONCORD IN STORE (and online).

Bring ad to store to price match, if OOS, do a kiosk order to PM that way. Shipping will be free.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Got one from BestBuy. It's pretty easy. but it charged me 7.08 for tax. my tax rate is 8%, don't know how did the comput... (more)

qwepoi (Sep. 04, 2013 @ 11:25p) |

Denied price match at Best Buy. Sales woman called manager, who had her call Office Depot, who said that the ZTE Concord... (more)

burkotron5k (Sep. 06, 2013 @ 8:22a) |

Thanks, went to the 3rd OD in my area Just picked up A T-Mobile concord at OD for $25, Sparq was $12.50 and Samsung T139... (more)

dennisspeaks (Sep. 08, 2013 @ 11:32a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Concord runs Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread. Since it is a no contract phone I wonder if Staples would force you to activate it in the store as part of the sale. IF not I assume you could use it in wifi mode to generate Staples mobile app coupons. Something I can do now with VM Optimus V under Android 2.2 - aka Froyo. Cheap entry price for an Android phone for coupon use.

mathfaster said:   Concord runs Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread. Since it is a no contract phone I wonder if Staples would force you to activate it in the store as part of the sale. IF not I assume you could use it in wifi mode to generate Staples mobile app coupons. Something I can do now with VM Optimus V under Android 2.2 - aka Froyo. Cheap entry price for an Android phone for coupon use.
U mean the one for $25? 
Any reason why OP suggests for PM. Why can't we buy from OD instead, unless I'm missing something.
 

MysteriousGirl said:   
mathfaster said:   Concord runs Android 2.3 aka Gingerbread. Since it is a no contract phone I wonder if Staples would force you to activate it in the store as part of the sale. IF not I assume you could use it in wifi mode to generate Staples mobile app coupons. Something I can do now with VM Optimus V under Android 2.2 - aka Froyo. Cheap entry price for an Android phone for coupon use.
U mean the one for $25? 
Any reason why OP suggests for PM. Why can't we buy from OD instead, unless I'm missing something.

  Yes the one for $25. Was thinking the same thing myself. Why not just buy it from OD. Usually PM and a coupon is not necessarily that easy so why not buy it from OD? 5% back in rewards at Staples but that is like $1.25. OK but not going to break the bank.

OD is totally out of these phones in my area and has been for about 6 months now. They're clearance items..

Can a print out of the ad be used for the price match? Or do I need an actual ad? The nearest Office Depot is a 30 minute away. So I'm wondering if I could get the ad in the newspaper.

Am I missing something? I can't find a listing for the phone on either web site.

burkotron5k said:   Am I missing something? I can't find a listing for the phone on either web site.
  http://www.staples.com/tmobile/directory_tmobile?

Cheeseparing said:   Can a print out of the ad be used for the price match? Or do I need an actual ad? The nearest Office Depot is a 30 minute away. So I'm wondering if I could get the ad in the newspaper.
  

yes, a print out is fine.

Sorry, to clarify, it looks like neither vendor has the ZTE in stock.

burkotron5k said:   Sorry, to clarify, it looks like neither vendor has the ZTE in stock.
  

Ive seen the concord in both Staples B&M's I was in this week.

I'm guessing you can't use the hotspot with the $30 5gig plan, right?

Went to a few stores here, OOS!

Manager said they cannot do PM on prepaid phones

qwepoi said:   Manager said they cannot do PM on prepaid phones
  

I suggest the manager be shown the OFFICIAL Staples CORPORATE PRICE MATCH POLICY which says   For wireless phones and other items with a service plan, only in–store purchases are eligible for price match.

If they refuse, after showing the policy, ask them to call their area manager or corporate and let you speak with them.



http://www.staples.com/sbd/content/help/using/general_match_popu...
 

Best Buy will do a PM also just call their 800# and give the rep the web address for the OD Flier for the ZTE Concord

OOS at my Best Buy!

Went to Best Buy on Sunday and first they denied PM saying they don't PM prepaid phones, then said they will PM on case by case basis. But they still said no due to price difference!

Finally called their 800 number and was able to get one!!

Target may be worth a try too.  I was able to PM the Concord at Target, although at first they were reluctant to do so b/c of the price difference and the fact that I only brought a printed out version of the ad (b/c my local OD flyer doesn't have this item in it, but it is only advertised in the online version of the ad).  However, once, they verified the OD ad on OD's website, they went ahead and did it.

Got one from BestBuy. It's pretty easy. but it charged me 7.08 for tax. my tax rate is 8%, don't know how did the computer come out that amount. anyway, $32 is a good deal. Thanks OP

Denied price match at Best Buy. Sales woman called manager, who had her call Office Depot, who said that the ZTE Concord is not in stock locally.

Thanks, went to the 3rd OD in my area Just picked up A T-Mobile concord at OD for $25, Sparq was $12.50 and Samsung T139 were 7.50. Nice for a emergency back up phone. The darts were $37. They had two Hotspots for $40, passed on those.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014