The Curiosity Files™: Snow Rollers
The Curiosity Files™: Red Tides
The Curiosity Files™: Whirlpools
The Curiosity Files™: Vegetarian Spiders
The Curiosity Files™: Platypus

Member Summary
Staff Summary

Thanks OP,
In 4 1.  When can you know too much about quicksand or dung beetles?

Any luck opening the PDFs?  Acrobat won't open them on my computer.

According to one review of the ebooks: "Why did God create bacteria like MRSA? How are crazy zombie fire ants part of God?s perfect plan? The good, the bad, the bizarre . . . it?s all in God?s wild and way-out-there creation! And it's the stuff kids are extremely attracted to!"

I finally was able to open one of the PDFs and I wish I didn't.  This is creationism masquerading as science books for kids.  If that's what you want to teach your kids have at it.  Otherwise don't bother.

Quote from one of the books:

People who believe that all life on earth
evolved from a single, less complicated
organism over a long period of time think
that the plants, animals, and even people that we see today look and act
the way they do because of a process called natural selection. The theory of
natural selection says that only the strongest creatures with the traits and
habits most likely to ensure their survival are able to produce enough offspring
to keep going. This, however, doesn’t line up with Scripture, which tells
us that God created all things and crafted them perfectly.
And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature
that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open
firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living
creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly,
after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw
that it was good.

Green OP.

@ fratilai:

Irreducible complexity raises questions.

The term "irreducible complexity" was coined by Behe, who defined it as applying to:

A single system which is composed of several interacting parts that contribute to the basic function, and where the removal of any one of the parts causes the system to effectively cease functioning. (Darwin's Black Box p39 in the 2006 edition) source

And failure to satisfy the scientific method still leaves evolution as a viable theory, but a theory nonetheless. Propagating one tasty theory over another theory without reproducible results leaves us all bickering about the color of a planet that is too far away for us to observe yet we all claim to have stated the right color with no hard evidence... Theory, theory, theory....and we propose it as absolute. Shame...

To quote from the my original post "If that's what you want to teach your kids have at it". 

I'm not going to get into the debate any further, not worth it.

The reason I gave red is from a deal perspective.  It feels somewhat unethical to offer these as "Educational e-books" in the OP.  Had they been presented as "books that offer arguments against the evolution theory" or something like that, I would have moved on happily to the next deal instead of wasting my time downloading them.  By the way, if that's your cup of tea you can get lots of e-books on this subject for free (compliments of various foundations; try http://www.creationism.org/books/).    So the "was $125" note doesn't really pass muster. 

Again you assert that any alternative to what you openly call a "theory" is noneducational. (a field day could be had with such logic but I will behave...) Your from a camp that holds certain tenets to be "true" and others "false." So you deem the books in this post as false and therefore noneducational. Those from a camp  opposing your "truths" hold tenets to be "true" and others "false" also. Using your logic, those from an opposing camp could call material you find educational as noneducational. Both parties would be guilty of claiming to have the "truth" with little evidence to assert their theory as fact.

I'm not pushing a camp; I'm promoting sound logic. I'm merely pointing out that "educational books" (according to one camp) are being offered for free and you're giving it red because of the content. For example. A deal offers the Quran for free. A Christian might give the deal a green vote, though he regards the content as false. The Christian may even want to study the book to better understand Muslims. Or another deal may offer a Christian Bible for free and an atheist gives the deal green because he intends to order the Bible and use it in his arguments showing contradictions within. In both examples one may vote the deal green though hold the content to be false because the deal provides an educational insight into the worldview or truth claims of the "other camp." Educational imo...

Using your logic all pro-evolution FW goers would vote red on anything pro-creation and vice versa, regardless if the item were offered free... A spiral into "truth claim" wars instead of focusing on the deal/no deal aspect of FW. Perhaps the OP could retitle the offer as books that are "Pro Creation" or "Pro Intelligent Design". Then we could sit back and watch the chaos as deal haters do a red drive-by simply because the title said something they hold as false and they got their feelings hurt...

fratilai said:   Any luck opening the PDFs?  Acrobat won't open them on my computer.

Try foxit PDF reader. Its free.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014