• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Huy Fong Sriracha Chili Sauce, 28 Ounce Pack of 6 : Amazon.com: Grocery Gourmet Food
Disclaimer
I'm addicted to this chili.
IngredientsChili, sugar, garlic, salt, distilled vinegar, potassium sorbate and sodium disulfite as preservaties, and xanthan GUM.
Directions
The most versatile hot sauce that you will find. Use in Chinese, American, Italian, or Mexican dishes.
Legal Disclaimer
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Product Description Our most popular sauce. Created from sun ripined chilies into a smooth paste, we have captures its flavor in a convenient squeeze bottle that is easy to use. Fresh red chil peppers are pureed int their own juces and seeds, with garlic flavoring. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicions spicy taste. Only the highest quality ingreadients, and no artifical colors or flavorings.

price for 6 - 28 oz bottles
$23.42 ($3.90/bottle) - no subscribe & save
$22.52 ($3.75/bottle) - 1 subscribe & save
$18.74 ($3.12/bottle) - 5 subscribe & save - best deal.

local asian stores in dfw areas are between $2.99 - $3.49/bottle

linkymoo

Member Summary

chili sauce
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I have a half full bottle slowly disappearing on my counter.

CollegeRamenEater (Oct. 08, 2013 @ 7:40p) |

You're in the wrong thread ...

skidmark (Oct. 08, 2013 @ 7:51p) |

skidmark (Oct. 08, 2013 @ 7:54p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green.† Amazon seems to be having a sale on Huy Fong products:
I posted a hot deal on their Chili Garlic Sauce earlier today:
Link

linrick said:   I'm addicted to this chili.
IngredientsChili, sugar, garlic, salt, distilled vinegar, potassium sorbate and sodium disulfite as preservaties, and xanthan GUM.
Directions
The most versatile hot sauce that you will find. Use in Chinese, American, Italian, or Mexican dishes.
Legal Disclaimer
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer† below.
Product Description Our most popular sauce. Created from sun ripined chilies into a smooth paste, we have captures its flavor in a convenient squeeze bottle that is easy to use. Fresh red chil peppers are pureed int their own juces and seeds, with garlic flavoring. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicions spicy taste. Only the highest quality ingreadients, and no artifical colors or flavorings.

price for 6 - 28 oz bottles
$23.42 ($3.90/bottle) - no subscribe & save
$22.52 ($3.75/bottle) - 1 subscribe & save
$18.74 ($3.12/bottle) - 5 subscribe & save - best deal.

local asian stores in dfw areas are between $2.99 - $3.49/bottle

linkymoo

Wouldn't it just be cheaper to go to the asian store (assuming your area has one) and get a bottle instead of stocking 6 bottles in the house?
I agree, I love sriacha, but I personally don't see how this is much of a deal...

I love this chili sauce too, especially with phở. Here on the east coast, the average price per bottle is about $3.50+. ShopRite sells them for $4.50. I was in Houston this past May and notice 99 Ranch Market was selling them for $2.75. It looked like an everyday price too, and not some special sale.

dpid said:   
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to go to the asian store (assuming your area has one) and get a bottle instead of stocking 6 bottles in the house?I agree, I love sriacha, but I personally don't see how this is much of a deal...

you're not a true fwer since you fail to see that not all fwers have asian stores in their areas.† especially when it cost you only a few cents more, you not only save time, you save $ on gas to have delivered to your house.†† also, this stuff goes very quickly in my household.

HTN said:   I love this chili sauce too, especially with phở. Here on the east coast, the average price per bottle is about $3.50+. ShopRite† sells them for $4.50. I was in Houston this past May and notice 99 Ranch Market† was selling them for $2.75. It looked like an everyday price too, and not some special sale.

gotta have this in my peanut black bean sauce for goi cuon (springrolls).† and if you don't put this & hoisin sauce in your phở, you truly don't know how to eat phở .

For some unknown reason, my local Asian market does not accept the Amazon GCs I acquired at a discount

These are $3 each (every day price) at my local grocery store. Remember that Amazon jacks up the prices on many grocery items to cover the cost of their "free shipping".

Also, these big bottles last a long time (many months, at least for us). Be wary of the expiration date if you are buying 6.

johnny98 said:   These are $3 each (every day price) at my local grocery store. Remember that Amazon jacks up the prices on many grocery items to cover the cost of their "free shipping".

Also, these big bottles last a long time (many months, at least for us). Be wary of the expiration date if you are buying 6.

††
28 ounces for $3???

yeah, the 28 ounce bottle was just on sale for $1.99 here, normally $2.99.

vuucuuv said:   yeah, the 28 ounce bottle was just on sale for $1.99 here, normally $2.99.
† Lucky to find an 18 ouncer around here ...

skidmark said:   
28 ounces for $3???

††
That is the typical price for the large bottles in SF.† The small bottles are around $2.50.†

I buy them wholesale, 28 oz bottles in a 12 pack case are $22 when they go on sale, just FYI...

Wow, I thought we liked spicy food, but some people here clearly use Sriracha WAY faster than we do!

Looks like Amazon trying to compete with Asian grocers.

too hot to handle!

linrick said:   
HTN said:   I love this chili sauce too, especially with phở. Here on the east coast, the average price per bottle is about $3.50+. ShopRite†† sells them for $4.50. I was in Houston this past May and notice 99 Ranch Market†† was selling them for $2.75. It looked like an everyday price too, and not some special sale.
gotta have this in my peanut black bean sauce for goi cuon (springrolls).† and if you don't put this & hoisin sauce in your phở, you truly don't know how to eat phở .

†The proper way to eat GOOD Pho is to have the sauce on the side and dip the meat. †The broth should be full flavored alrdy from the start. †

FatMoneyClip said:   Green.† Amazon seems to be having a sale on Huy Fong products:
I posted a hot deal on their Chili Garlic Sauce earlier today:
Link

† Thanks! I love this sauce, I just ordered s&s.

dkd711 said:   †The proper way to eat GOOD Pho is to have the sauce on the side and dip the meat. †The broth should be full flavored alrdy from the start. †

† actually, there is no etiquette or a proper way to eat pho because northern vietnamese eat it differently than southern vietnamese to other asian folks. i'm not sure which but laotians and/or filipinos† add sugar to their bowl of pho and some instead of squeezing the lime to the bowl, they put the whole piece of lime into their bowl.† but the main thing of pho is good broth is good pho.† i love adding both sauces to the bowl to enhance the flavor of my bowl much more.†† and dipping the meat to sauce on the side is always optional

linrick said:   
dkd711 said:   †The proper way to eat GOOD Pho is to have the sauce on the side and dip the meat. †The broth should be full flavored alrdy from the start. †
† actually, there is no etiquette or a proper way to eat pho because northern vietnamese eat it differently than southern vietnamese to other asian folks. i'm not sure which but laotians and/or filipinos† add sugar to their bowl of pho and some instead of squeezing the lime to the bowl, they put the whole piece of lime into their bowl.† but the main thing of pho is good broth is good pho.† i love adding both sauces to the bowl to enhance the flavor of my bowl much more.†† and dipping the meat to sauce on the side is always optional

† This man is correct. However, both Northern and Southern Vietnamese do the same variations on eating pho. I was born in the south but grew up eating like the north as my dad is from Hanoi. I like to add lime and a good amount of Sriracha to my pho. Some of my friends order the meat on the side raw and eat it like that, that's just food poisoning waiting to happen but they have strong stomachs.

My husband and I are obsessed with this sauce!† Thanks for all the info.

linrick said:   
dpid said:   
Wouldn't it just be cheaper to go to the asian store (assuming your area has one) and get a bottle instead of stocking 6 bottles in the house?I agree, I love sriacha, but I personally don't see how this is much of a deal...

you're not a true fwer since you fail to see that not all fwers have asian stores in their areas.† especially when it cost you only a few cents more, you not only save time, you save $ on gas to have delivered to your house.†† also, this stuff goes very quickly in my household.

† I'm going to play devil's advocate here - to each their own - a seasoned consumer will take into account how frequently they will use this, and figure out how much of it might go to waste, and decide if the price for bulk is worth it. An FWer will have to fight the urge to buy purely based on it being a good deal. I know that feeling too well. "Save so much money that you go broke" mentality, amirite?

CollegeRamenEater said:   
linrick said:   
dpid said:   

† I'm going to play devil's advocate here - to each their own - a seasoned consumer will take into account how frequently they will use this, and figure out how much of it might go to waste, and decide if the price for bulk is worth it. An FWer will have to fight the urge to buy purely based on it being a good deal. I know that feeling too well. "Save so much money that you go broke" mentality, amirite?

††

So, you've never had Sriracha, then ...?

I have a half full bottle slowly disappearing on my counter.

CollegeRamenEater said:   I have a half full bottle slowly disappearing on my counter.
††

You're in the wrong thread ...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014